Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: Football in other countries:
2 new National Stadia opened over weekend.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 18, 2019, 10:09 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 3 (438 views)
Shortcut
2 new National Stadia opened over weekend. Can't Post or Reply Privately

2 NEW(?) National Stadia were officially opened over the weekend.

First up on Friday , Nov 15 was Hungary 1 v 2 Uruguay in a friendly at the Puskas Arena.

65,114 capacity turned up at the old Nep Stadium , this was demolished starting in April 2016 with the new ground rising from what was left.

New obviously for those with tricolour eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then on Sunday Nov 17 we had the E C game between Albania v France at the old Qemal Stafa ground , now called the Air Albanian Stadium.

A 22,000 capacity crowd showed up for this one to see France win 2-0.

Demolishing began in June 2016 with the new stadium again on same site. Both stadia are using old pitches so only the desperate will classs as new grounds. Wink.

There was a test match which many off here would have gone to save a Fiver , this was a Womens game between Vllaznia and Apollonia XI's on Nov 3 with free entry.

Women / free , 90% of posters on here would have creamed themselves.

===================================

There are other rebuilds , perhaps a thread on rebuilds , awaits a Leo new thread.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Nov 18, 2019, 10:15 AM)

Senior82
Junior Team Regular

Nov 28, 2019, 10:56 AM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday, Stocksbridge Park Steels & Sheffield Eagles RLFC

Post #2 of 3 (225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] 2 new National Stadia opened over weekend. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I walked past the new stadium in Tirana a day before it opened, think it's safe to say it wouldn't have opened if it was in the UK. Quite a lot of work and people in high vis jackets going on!

They might have the 'seating arena' ready but I can't imagine the concourses were anywhere near finished.

bmavfc
Reserve Team Sub

Nov 28, 2019, 7:31 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Peterborough Sports

Post #3 of 3 (149 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Senior82] 2 new National Stadia opened over weekend. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I took a picture of the concourse day after the France before being asked to remove my self and like you said not anywhere close to finish.

In Reply To
I walked past the new stadium in Tirana a day before it opened, think it's safe to say it wouldn't have opened if it was in the UK. Quite a lot of work and people in high vis jackets going on!

They might have the 'seating arena' ready but I can't imagine the concourses were anywhere near finished.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3