Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
General Election 2019

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 Next page Last page  View All

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 14, 2019, 11:25 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #226 of 596 (943 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Austerity, as a direct result of the incompetence of the last Labour Government, is the main reason for NHS funding being curbed.

What was it the outgoing Government said in 2010 “sorry there’s no money left.” We’ll go figure, it has an impact on health, education, policing.

Oh dear, the tired old Tory trope.

2008-10 was a consequence of the global financial meltdown.

Even Osborne accepts Labour was not responsible for the financial troubles.

https://twitter.com/EL4JC/status/920028051911663616?s=20

I see you are another one to fall for the standing joke amongst outgoing Chancellors.

"Sorry old cock, to leave it in this shape," Reggie Maudling, Tory Chancellor.

If you actually took the trouble to find out for yourself, rather than simply regurgitate uncritically Tory/Daily Mail nonsense you would see this lost decade was almost totally of the Tories making. What an achievement to condemn the UK to a decade of stagnation yet run up a debt of nearly £1 trillion.

You wouldn’t trust the Tories to run a whelk store.

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 15, 2019, 12:04 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #227 of 596 (919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Conservatives pretending that they've have avoided the worldwide financial crash is farcical given that they were pushing for reduced regulation of the UK financial sector right up to the time that the sky fell in.

Of course, the Tories like the rest of us, hadn't realised that the high flying massive profit generating bankers weren't wise boys but wide boys who in reality weren't very good at the basics of responsible banking.

Not so much Mr Mainwarings but Walker spivs.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 15, 2019, 12:13 AM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #228 of 596 (913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
the Labour manifesto to see where all this money is coming from to nationalise everything and increase spending in all Government departments.

One way in which Labour could pay for all this stuff would be to pull British troops out of all Muslim countries (and possibly the Falklands as well) which would save billions. I don't know if they are actually considering this and if they are, they are certainly doing well at keeping it under wraps.

Why Muslim countries ?

Chris1963

Nov 15, 2019, 1:01 AM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #229 of 596 (885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Simple really - because Labour will be relying on the Muslim vote at the forthcoming election.

Ronsdog
First Team Star

Nov 15, 2019, 1:34 AM

Team(s): Lowestoft Town, Crystal Palace

Post #230 of 596 (871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Simple really - because Labour will be relying on the Muslim vote at the forthcoming election.

.....just for the record. https://www.mend.org.uk/...-voting-patterns.pdf

007Dale
First Team Star

Nov 15, 2019, 5:40 AM

Post #231 of 596 (851 views)
Shortcut

Latest fantasy politics from Labour:
- trash the Telecoms sector by nationalising Openreach and giving everyone free fibre.

Consequences:
- national debt increases yet further
- pension funds collapse, where heavily invested in BT and other telco’s
- no competition = worse service
- Sky, Virgin, Talk Talk, Rest of BT (part not nationalised), etc collapse as product they sell now given away by Government. Hundreds of thousands unemployed as a result.
- Digital tax (to pay for run costs) not implementable.

I just can’t fathom how Labour think they should be put in charge of the economy again. Madness. Utter Madness.

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 15, 2019, 7:21 AM

Post #232 of 596 (822 views)
Shortcut

Almost as mad as pouring billions down the drain through Brexit.

007Dale
First Team Star

Nov 15, 2019, 7:26 AM

Post #233 of 596 (818 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Why stop at Broadband? Let’s nationalise the Supermarkets and give everyone free food.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 15, 2019, 7:30 AM

Team(s):

Post #234 of 596 (815 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To
Austerity, as a direct result of the incompetence of the last Labour Government, is the main reason for NHS funding being curbed.

What was it the outgoing Government said in 2010 “sorry there’s no money left.” We’ll go figure, it has an impact on health, education, policing.

Oh dear, the tired old Tory trope.

2008-10 was a consequence of the global financial meltdown.

Even Osborne accepts Labour was not responsible for the financial troubles.

https://twitter.com/EL4JC/status/920028051911663616?s=20

I see you are another one to fall for the standing joke amongst outgoing Chancellors.

"Sorry old cock, to leave it in this shape," Reggie Maudling, Tory Chancellor.

If you actually took the trouble to find out for yourself, rather than simply regurgitate uncritically Tory/Daily Mail nonsense you would see this lost decade was almost totally of the Tories making. What an achievement to condemn the UK to a decade of stagnation yet run up a debt of nearly £1 trillion.

You wouldn’t trust the Tories to run a whelk store.

So you are saying Labour abjectly failed to regulate the Financial Sector as it shoud have and failed to build up a Bank Bail Out fund and failed to level out the boom/bust nature of the housing market?

They also failed to invest enough in the economy and infrastructure during the good times .

Glad we cleared that up!

Apart from that, Yes, a lot of the nature of the 2008 crash was outside the Labour Govt's control and in the Eurozone the amount of debt being run up by Greece , especially but also Spain, Italy and Portugal became a massive burden for the EU.

The crash of 2008 - 2013 then hit business and consumer confidence/spending and the Gov't was probably right to adopt a cautious economic policy.
It's as well we weren't a member of the Eurozone or it would have been worse.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 15, 2019, 7:33 AM

Team(s):

Post #235 of 596 (813 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Why stop at Broadband? Let’s nationalise the Supermarkets and give everyone free food.

Tbh I agree with free Broadband because you can't do anything these days without having to be online.

Therefore businesses and Gov't should pay for it.

007Dale
First Team Star

Nov 15, 2019, 7:53 AM

Post #236 of 596 (806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Tbh I agree with free Broadband because you can't do anything these days without having to be online.

Therefore businesses and Gov't should pay for it.

But you can’t use broadband without electricity, so are you saying we should all have free electricity as well?

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 15, 2019, 8:10 AM

Post #237 of 596 (797 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Latest fantasy politics from Labour

It is amazing what strange fantasies some politicians can conjure up.

There was one halfwit who wasted millions on the idea of a "garden bridge" across the Thames. Then he proposed building an airport in the Thames estuary, followed by a bridge across the English Channel - the busiest shipping area in the world - and he then trumped that insanity by wanting to build bridge across the Irish Sea over a massive WW2 arms dump.

I wonder what happened to that fantasist? Did he lie down in front of bulldozers at Heathrow or die in a ditch somewhere?

PaulC

Nov 15, 2019, 8:10 AM

Post #238 of 596 (795 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Is that because of the rampant islamophobia within the Tory party?

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 15, 2019, 8:22 AM

Post #239 of 596 (786 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

So you are saying Labour abjectly failed to regulate the Financial Sector as it shoud have and failed to build up a Bank Bail Out fund and failed to level out the boom/bust nature of the housing market?

They also failed to invest enough in the economy and infrastructure during the good times .

Glad we cleared that up!

Apart from that, Yes, a lot of the nature of the 2008 crash was outside the Labour Govt's control and in the Eurozone the amount of debt being run up by Greece , especially but also Spain, Italy and Portugal became a massive burden for the EU.

The crash of 2008 - 2013 then hit business and consumer confidence/spending and the Gov't was probably right to adopt a cautious economic policy.
It's as well we weren't a member of the Eurozone or it would have been worse.

You think that the Tories would have more tightly regulated the Financial Sector?! Cool At the time they were pushing for much less regulation not more.

And the idea that they would have invested more....... Cool

As for not being in the Eurozone, for that alone Gordon Brown deserves a medal, statue etc etc

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Nov 15, 2019, 8:39 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #240 of 596 (775 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

No mention of the rampant antisemitism which has been giving Labour heaps of grief over the last few years!

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 15, 2019, 11:20 AM

Post #241 of 596 (707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Unbelievable, Matt Hancock has recently said ‘in many ways the nhs is performing better than it ever has.’

Staggering, that it was confirmed A&E performance is at its worst & more patients are languishing on trolleys.

CONservatives utterly clueless about pain & misery their health cuts caused.

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 15, 2019, 11:37 AM

Post #242 of 596 (693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Why are the CONservatives launching a migrant-bashing campaign ? Because they want to distract you from the catastrophic NHS story.

It's the oldest political trick in the book: the powerful scapegoating migrants to deflect from the problems caused by elites.

It was immigrants who imposed austerity.
Immigrants cut police numbers by 21,000.
Immigrants imposed the brutal bedroom tax and benefit sanctions.
Immigrants starved schools & hospitals of funds.
Immigrants slashed social care.

Remember: immigrants did all this, not the CONservatives

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

(This post was edited by Towlawtom on Nov 15, 2019, 11:38 AM)

Ronsdog
First Team Star

Nov 15, 2019, 2:36 PM

Team(s): Lowestoft Town, Crystal Palace

Post #243 of 596 (638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

No mention of the rampant antisemitism which has been giving Labour heaps of grief over the last few years!

The New Statemens take on the issue.....https://www.newstatesman.com/...anti-semitism-crisis

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 15, 2019, 5:01 PM

Post #244 of 596 (583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ronsdog] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I find it bizarre that somehow for many on the left the difficulties in Palestine/Israel are simplified into Palestinians good and Isrealis/Jews evil.

I wouldn't even rely on them to accept the right of Israel to exist.

I've heard some on the left compare it to supporting the Republicans against Franco and the Nationalists/Fascists in the Spanish Civil War. Some sort of weird holy grail.

All over the world there are bitter and prolonged conflicts between different ethnic/religious groups over who owns what bit of land. For some reason Israel/Palestine is the one that the Labour left are obsessed with. It's difficult to see it as anything other than modern day anti-semitism.

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 15, 2019, 5:24 PM

Team(s):

Post #245 of 596 (568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] General Election 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Unbelievable, Matt Hancock has recently said ‘in many ways the nhs is performing better than it ever has.’

Staggering, that it was confirmed A&E performance is at its worst & more patients are languishing on trolleys.

CONservatives utterly clueless about pain & misery their health cuts caused.

I can understand why he would say that.

Most people who use the NHS get really good, professional service by first rate caring people.

The problem the NHS has , apart from being an unwieldy behemoth, is that the cost of its services has risen exponentially thanks to leaps forward in treatments and new drugs and because it is a victim of its own success.
As people live longer their demands on the NHS become more complex and more expensive.

Btw, The Tories haven't cut anything. Health boards do that.

The Tories are investing record sums in the NHS trying to keep up with the increased demand .

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 15, 2019, 5:25 PM

Team(s):

Post #246 of 596 (563 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Why are the CONservatives launching a migrant-bashing campaign ? Because they want to distract you from the catastrophic NHS story.

It's the oldest political trick in the book: the powerful scapegoating migrants to deflect from the problems caused by elites.

It was immigrants who imposed austerity.
Immigrants cut police numbers by 21,000.
Immigrants imposed the brutal bedroom tax and benefit sanctions.
Immigrants starved schools & hospitals of funds.
Immigrants slashed social care.

Remember: immigrants did all this, not the CONservatives

I think the middle classes in the UK have Immigrant Dependency issues!!

I wonder if the NHS can treat that!

(This post was edited by Yatesman on Nov 15, 2019, 5:29 PM)

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 15, 2019, 5:27 PM

Team(s):

Post #247 of 596 (560 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I find it bizarre that somehow for many on the left the difficulties in Palestine/Israel are simplified into Palestinians good and Isrealis/Jews evil.

I've heard some on the left compare it to supporting the Republicans against Franco and the Nationalists/Fascists in the Spanish Civil War. Some sort of weird holy grail.

All over the world there are bitter and prolonged conflicts between different ethnic/religious groups over who owns what bit of land. For some reason Israel/Palestine is the one that the Labour left are obsessed with. It's difficult to see it as anything other than modern day anti-semitism.

I agree.

Their obsession with Uni-Campus politics has caused them to lose sight of their duty to the British Working Class.........

Hence why they have now been abandoned by them!!

PaulC

Nov 15, 2019, 6:31 PM

Post #248 of 596 (526 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

There is nothing anti-Semitic in being critical of the Israeli state over abject treatment of some of its citizens.

It compares badly with apartheid S Africa. Apartheid supported by Tories, opposed by Labour

Yatesman
First Team Star

Nov 15, 2019, 10:13 PM

Team(s):

Post #249 of 596 (471 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

It compares badly with apartheid S Africa. Apartheid supported by Tories, opposed by Labour

How far back shall we go ?

Apatheid was an abomination.

The SNP supported Hitler and Hugh MacDiarmid was an avowed fascist. A significant vein of Scottish Nationalism is supportive of Irish Terrorism and have provided material support for the IRA

Shall we remind Scottish voters of the murky side of Scottish Nationalism at this election?

PaulC

Nov 15, 2019, 10:50 PM

Post #250 of 596 (458 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The SNP supported Hitler

No it didn’t.

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3