Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: General:
Jarrow FC traffic warning

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 20, 2019, 12:46 AM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #1 of 6 (2073 views)
Shortcut
Jarrow FC traffic warning Can't Post or Reply Privately

A cautionary word to anyone driving to Jarrow FC's ground on the Scotch Estate which is probably too late for anyone who's already done it, such as Neil Wigley who I met today in Bangor and who suffered the same fate as me.
There is no exit off the estate to the A194 via Edinburgh Road, which is probably the way you'd have entered the estate. The last few yards are a "Bus Gate" and South Tyneside Council have erected a camera to catch unwary drivers who transgress and it's netted them hundreds of thousands - apparently 40 drivers a day are caught on average.
There is signage but it's not terribly clear that all vehicles (except buses) must take the side road Stirling Avenue on the right and exit the estate onto John Reid Road.
And so, on Friday, I got not one but two letters with accompanying photographs from South Tyneside Council inviting me to pay £60 x 2 or £30 x 2 if paid within 14 days - we'd nipped off for a pre-match pint after dropping catchagogoal at the ground.
Google it - it's been causing a stir ever since the camera went up, and there's little point appealing to the arseholes who think it's a good idea.

Feversham Lens
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 20, 2019, 10:11 AM

Team(s): Not any more

Post #2 of 6 (1899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Jarrow FC traffic warning [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Brings to mind this little fiasco:

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/...e-fines-says-ruling/

citamo
Junior Team Star

Oct 20, 2019, 12:32 PM

Team(s): Workington, Woking, Marske Utd, Stranraer

Post #3 of 6 (1830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Jarrow FC traffic warning [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
A cautionary word to anyone driving to Jarrow FC's ground on the Scotch Estate which is probably too late for anyone who's already done it, such as Neil Wigley who I met today in Bangor and who suffered the same fate as me.
There is no exit off the estate to the A194 via Edinburgh Road, which is probably the way you'd have entered the estate. The last few yards are a "Bus Gate" and South Tyneside Council have erected a camera to catch unwary drivers who transgress and it's netted them hundreds of
thousands - apparently 40 drivers a day are caught on average.
There is signage but it's not terribly clear that all vehicles (except buses) must take the side road Stirling Avenue on the right and exit the estate onto John Reid Road.
And so, on Friday, I got not one but two letters with accompanying photographs from South Tyneside Council inviting me to pay £60 x 2 or £30 x 2 if paid within 14 days - we'd nipped off for a pre-match pint after dropping catchagogoal at the ground.
Google it - it's been causing a stir ever since the camera went up, and there's little point appealing to the arseholes who think it's a good idea.

I visited Jarrow a couple of weeks ago and can verify the above comment. Fortunately Iíd read a tweet put out by Jarrow FC prior to setting off. Even so I came very close to having to contribute the councilís profit making scheme. As stated it is poorly signed and you are almost on top of the sign before you see it. Even then it isnít totally obvious what you are supposed to do.
What the hell is a bus gate?

Pat B
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 20, 2019, 5:32 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1655 views)
Shortcut

Never mind Paddy it got me a few weeks ago after a night game in Durham senior cup, to make matters worse when I got back to the cottage I was staying at I parked the car and as I entered the house a bloody fireman drove into the back of my parked car.

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Oct 23, 2019, 9:44 AM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #5 of 6 (1170 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pat B] Jarrow FC traffic warning [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When I took IAN S to a midweek Jarrow game back in September 2017 shortly after the Bus Gate was implemented I drove through it after I spotted the sign too late. Not sure how I got away with it but I never received a fine through the post. Guess I got lucky but I was sweating on getting a fine for a week or two.

RussWWFC
First Team Star

Oct 23, 2019, 4:31 PM

Team(s): Wycombe Wanderers

Post #6 of 6 (995 views)
Shortcut

Shocking that they are allowed to run what amounts to an extortion racket at the end of the day. If that many people have been fined, then the signage is not clear enough and I'm pretty sure the council know that

Visit my Blog - The Wycombe Wanderer
Follow me on Twitter @RussWWFC

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3