Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Tuesday 8th October 2019

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 9, 2019, 3:35 PM

Post #26 of 43 (2819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rebel Yeller] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Spartan South Midlands League Division 1

Stotfold 1-1 St Panteleimon
Admission £6, Prog £1
Att: 75
Tea: Rather strange price of £1.10

With Roker Park due to disappear from use at some point this season, thought it high time I did it.

Decent enough venue for Step 5/6 (perhaps even step 4) and I did like the angled raised viewing area on the dug out side, with a large stand and covered standing area on the opposite side. There were signs of old support bases in the concrete at the car park end goal, so whether in years gone by there was cover there too?

As for the game, the visitors flying at the top of the table and almost invincible in the past 2 seasons, came out flying and could have had 4 in the first 20 minutes as the hosts defence struggled to cope with the pace and trickery from their front players, but slowly but surely Stotfold steadied the ship and had a couple of good chances of their own, before the visitors did take the lead, a free kick into the area, caused mayhem with ricochets all over the place until a forward was at last able to control the ball and place it in the bottom corner.

Right on half time, Stotfold levelled matters a silly free kick just outside the area on the right crossed in and the big no 9 with a free header to pick his spot.

2nd half saw both sides have their periods in ascendancy with Stotfold having the better of the clearcut chances, but with a referee who seemed afraid to make a decision, it got more and more heated as it went on, and how the visitors no 20 only got a yellow card for headbutts on separate players (ok the first one was like rutting deers locking horns, but still a red card offence nowadays) but for not showing a straight red card for the 2nd offenceShocked.

Pre match was spent in the wonderful Engineers Arms in Henlow. Their Sausage Roll went down a treat. For those in the area for a game next weekend, they've their beer festival.

The journey home was a bit of a mare on the M25 with a serious 2 lorry/2 car pile up by Junction 14 where 3 lanes and 2 slips roads converge seeing traffic sat stationary for 30 minutes or so and then just up the road, the motorway closed at junction 13 with the diversion signs just sending you around the roundabout, so I headed down the A30 towards Sunningdale and with the rail gates across the road appearing to be stuck at down, blocking off the road to Camberley/Basingstoke, cut across to Chobham/Woking then Guildford to pick up the A3 there, adding the best part of an hour and half to journey home, but after the damaged vehicles seen earlier, not a big deal in the scheme of life.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 9, 2019, 4:54 PM

Team(s):

Post #27 of 43 (2689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dribble!] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Also at Ipswich- Gillingham -

On our way to Wembley?

Also at Portman road, and for once I was looking down on Dribble from a much better seat. But thought I’d mention a league club doing something decent. My mate who’s a member got the tickets for me and Naarwich6, no booking fee and sent 1st class post free of charge. Can’t be many clubs that do that.

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Oct 9, 2019, 5:59 PM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #28 of 43 (2581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

NWCFL Division 1 North

WMS Entrance Systems Park, Longfield Avenue, Golcar

Golcar United 1(0) Shelley 0(0)

Green & Black Striped Shirts / Black Shorts Blue Shirts w White Sleeves / Blue Shorts

Attendance 556

Admission £4 Programme £2 Badge £5(!)

Growler £1.50 Mug of Tea £1

Not much to add to Henfield Bee & KYM’s earlier reports. IAN S recommended the supplier of the Growlers (hot pork pies a Yorkshire delicacy). Mine was excellent.

Thought the game was a great advert for the NWCFL and a special mention for Christiana Hattersley the lady ref who controlled the game played in difficult conditions superbly. The only goal of the game was a cracking long range effort from United’s Captain Dan Stocker who caught the Shelley keeper just too far off his line.

I was careful to look out for all 9 speed cameras on the A616 on the way home and dropped IAN S off in Stocky about 22:30.

(This post was edited by sheffgeoff on Oct 9, 2019, 6:01 PM)

Dr Love
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 9, 2019, 7:37 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #29 of 43 (2389 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sheffgeoff] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Andover New Street 2-1 Andover Town
Wessex 1st Division

A decent attendance of 248 for this local derby (it's possible to hear one ground from the other), meant later arrivals found it a little trickier than usual to find a space in the carpark.

New Street led early on from a penalty, but despite chances at both ends no further scoring until the last quarter of an hour which saw an equaliser and the lead being regained within a couple of minutes of each other. Both keepers made some good saves, and both sides managed to put efforts wide despite being in good positions. One sin-bn used, early in the second half for the host.

dtr1989
Youth Team Sub

Oct 9, 2019, 8:04 PM

Team(s): Bury

Post #30 of 43 (2333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

North West Counties Division 1 North

Prestwich Heys 4-0 Pilkington

Admission - £5 (could've had free entry but would rather put money into the club)
Attendance - 83
Programme - £2

A decent game with 3 excellent goals. Prestwich are my local side but this is only the 2nd time I have been to watch them play other than playing for them during the Manchester Premier years. The ground has changed since those days with a small covered stand with 2 rows and a sheltered standing area behind one of the goals. The club house is still great, that remains the same.
Pilkington could've leap frogged Prestwich with a win but couldn't follow up on their shock 8-0 away win last week. Prestwich were the more fluid team however Pilkington still played decent stuff and I would think they will stay up this season.

https://thepartialview.sport.blog/

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 10, 2019, 5:48 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #31 of 43 (1952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dtr1989] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Oxford Fail newspaper and Karl 'SuperGob' Robinson have both tried to dress it up as a draw, but I'm definitely putting this down as a resounding victory! Wink

EFL Trophy Southern Group B
Oxford United 2-2 Portsmouth
(Portsmouth win 5-4 on penalty kicks)

Entry: £10
Attendance: 1,548 (274 visitors)

As always, Karl talked the talk in bigging up the result from a yellow point of view, but in truth he blew a gasket at supposed-Premier destined Shandon Baptiste, the star who single-handedly tore West Ham apart a couple of weeks ago, when he subbed him after 75mins. And his near full-strength team at times struggled against a side of Pompey kids who'd already guaranteed their place in the next phase. More worryingly for the plump one, his first-team defenders looked badly out of depth whenever Pompey went forward.

Oxford managed to win a staggering thirteen corners, giving them an impressive 80+ so far this season. Tellingly, they've scored precisely no goals from any of them, with Rob 'Turning-circle-of-of-skip' Dickie managing to vaguely flap his head in the wrong direction again for several more tonight. Saying that, Oxford's fans seemed to give plenty of stick to their no.5 Moore (plus plenty more on their forum afterwards), and yet I thought him one of their few bright sparks. Oxford had their chances, and plenty of possession, but Pompey's third-choice keeper Alex Bass played a blinder, pulling off four or five very good saves, plus a proper stunner in the first half when he palmed over from close range.

Highlight of the night came on 85mins, when Pompey's Anton Walkes kept running onto a through-ball that Brannagan gave up on way to early while Eastwood dallied in his box, before chipping the ball over the lumbering yellow-clad sloths into the net to take a late lead. Right in front of me, too. Delightful! Unfortunately, Dickie finally did something to earn his crust, grabbing the injury-time equaliser that mean Oxford just scrape past the might of Crawley and Norwich U21s into the golden pastures of second place in Southern Area Group B.

However, the fun wasn't over, as Oxford United managed to sky three consecutive penalties up into the gaping empty expanse of their kop end from a winning position in the shoot-out. Voondaba!

bagman
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 10, 2019, 9:44 AM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #32 of 43 (1782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Isthmian League Premier Division

Horsham (2) 2 v 2 (1) Carshalton Athletic

Admission £6 OAP , Programme £2 , Attendance 556

New Grounds Season 2019/2020 = 11
Last New Ground : Horsham 8th October 2019

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 10, 2019, 9:56 AM

Post #33 of 43 (1772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Wessex 1st Division

A decent attendance of 248 for this local derby (it's possible to hear one ground from the other), meant later arrivals found it a little trickier than usual to find a space in the carpark.

New Street led early on from a penalty, but despite chances at both ends no further scoring until the last quarter of an hour which saw an equaliser and the lead being regained within a couple of minutes of each other. Both keepers made some good saves, and both sides managed to put efforts wide despite being in good positions. One sin-bn used, early in the second half for the host.

Worth checking out New Streets twitter for video of the winning goalscorer's celebration when he goes A**e over t*t doing a slide to the supporters SmileSmileSmile

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 10, 2019, 10:30 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #34 of 43 (1735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Wessex 1st Division

Worth checking out New Streets twitter for video of the winning goalscorer's celebration when he goes A**e over t*t doing a slide to the supporters SmileSmileSmile

Yep worth a watch , needs to find better patches of grass to celebrate.

https://twitter.com/andovernsfc

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

villan
First Team Star

Oct 10, 2019, 2:22 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #35 of 43 (1476 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ashtree RockBee] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also at Shefford Town & Campton 3 Enfield Borough 1 ATT 76 ADM concession £2.50 Incl programme.

A good game with visitors in particular very wasteful in front of goal & not very alert at back particularly for 1st goal. They could have easily gone home with some points if these faults eliminated. I gave up identifying who was who in away team as teamsheet numbered 1-11 but as using borrowed shirts they played with a 12,14,15,17 from start & brought on another 12 & a 10 as subs. Good evening out with a number of hoppers present as stated.

End 2018-19, Total Grounds 1427

New grounds 2019-20. 21

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

Oct 10, 2019, 4:19 PM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #36 of 43 (1334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Villan,

Thanks to an incredibly vigilant hopper from Romford who was constantly asking an Enfield Borough committee man for the details, I can confirm their team at Shefford Town & Campton was as follows....

Starters:
1 Jamil Shallo / 2 Isaac Stevens / 3 Dervon Hurde / 4 Gideon Sarpong / 5 Jean Paul Moke / 6 Mohammed Konte / 10 Qais Mohammed / 12 Jamiah Lawrence Plentie / 14 Alie Bangura / 15 Reuben Carvalho / 17 Frankie Chandler

Subs:
9 Khalid Al-Saud / 10 Bruno Tavares / 12 Giuseppe Delgandio / 19 Mason Beason

Once again, big thanks to the Shefford Town & Campton Secretary who rushed off to get the change kit at no notice and returned in next to no time.

(This post was edited by Ashtree RockBee on Oct 10, 2019, 4:26 PM)

Dr Love
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 10, 2019, 7:11 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #37 of 43 (1160 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Yep worth a watch , needs to find better patches of grass to celebrate.

https://twitter.com/andovernsfc

About the only wet patch in the ground - he did well to find it. More practice needed.

villan
First Team Star

Oct 10, 2019, 7:31 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #38 of 43 (1146 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ashtree RockBee] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for that. It has cleared up most of the detail for me but I did make a note of the starting numbers & there was a number 9 & no number 10. Team sheets on league site however states Qais Muhammad started & I think he was probably 9 & was subbed on 54 by second no.12. I do not recall a second no.10 coming into the game. I missed the third sub coming on. All good fun though & disappointed we did not meet.

End 2018-19, Total Grounds 1427

New grounds 2019-20. 21

NeilH
Youth Team Star

Oct 10, 2019, 9:38 PM

Team(s): Cambridge City

Post #39 of 43 (975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hornchurchspur] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hello Hornchurch. As for the record victory angle for City rather than Town, City beat Waterbeach 12-0 in the CIC in 2003 so we can say that the win on Tuesday matches that in terms of margin. Definitely a record away win whether Cambridge Town or Cambridge City.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 11, 2019, 4:59 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #40 of 43 (813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
EFL Trophy Southern Group B
Oxford United 2-2 Portsmouth
(Portsmouth win 5-4 on penalty kicks)

Entry: £10
Attendance: 1,548 (274 visitors)

Pompey's third-choice keeper Alex Bass played a blinder, pulling off four or five very good saves, plus a proper stunner in the first half when he palmed over from close range.

...And here's a glimpse at his barnstorming display...

https://twitter.com/.../1181894576661028864

Cool

hemelhopper
First Team Star

Oct 11, 2019, 4:58 PM

Team(s): Hemel Hempstead Town FC, Trust Portsmouth FC and The Reds of Cincinnati

Post #41 of 43 (518 views)
Shortcut

Uxbridge 0-2 Ware (Isthmian League, South Central Division)
- played at Honeycroft, Horton Road, West Drayton from 7.45pm

Att – 78 (official); Entry - £10; Prog – on line .. and Refreshment from the clubhouse
Weather – dry and cool; Travel – A3, M25 and a pop along M4, then north.
Colours – Red Army in red tops and white shorts .. Blues in all blue with white stripes to shirts

Very enjoyable evening .. felt I’d stepped back in time, given the surrounding’s, design of Clubhouse and the era of music being played over the tannoy .. the ground having good terraced cover each end .. seating both sides, although the main stand front row was a tight squeeze, given the spectator walkway in front. Nice pitch though and the floodlights shining bright, on what turned out to be a disappointing night for our hosts.

Game unfortunately took a turn for the worst when a red card for nothing more than a trapping of legs after 14 minutes, was seen to be more .. so, it was just a case of how long before the visitors scored .. which they did from a penalty on the hour mark and sealed the deal on 72 with a run and shot off the left side.

The visitors delighted to maintain their good start and the hosts will regroup for another day .. as I left for home, arriving home just after 11pm, with no hold ups encountered.

Visitors match report - https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/ware/teams/72309/match-centre/1-4773278/report

Grounds = 618, Leagues done = 15 (37 to go); Games (19/20) = 76; New Grounds (19/20) = 62; Goals (19/20) = 337; Ave goals/game = 4.43; Last new ground = Hants FA at Winklebury, Basingstoke; Next = Thurs 17th Oct 2019

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Oct 13, 2019, 8:26 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #42 of 43 (247 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Tuesday 8th October 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also at Horsham 2 v 2 Carshalton Athletic Admission £11 Prog £2 Tea/Coffee £1.50
Second game seen at Horsham's new ground and second good game seen here, with a draw a fair result though Horsham all but got a last minute winner. Met Bagman and 0-0 Keith AKA as Dorking Keith in the park and ride. Took our seats on the halfway line in the stand which has generous leg room and had a good evening of Football and Speedway talk as well as enjoying the game, being joined by Crystal Palace Dave at half time. 0-0 Keith recommended the Sausage and Mash that was on offer from the Tea Bar.

royals26
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 13, 2019, 11:40 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #43 of 43 (169 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Wessex 1st Division

A decent attendance of 248

+1

Adm: £7 incl prog

Directions/Facilities: tried to make an effort to get out to this one early but still had to shake off domestics - thought the crowd would be a healthy size - as it was .... but was well staged by ANS.

Plenty of car park space around the Sports Clubs and they'd produced a healthy batch of progs for the paper-chasers - hadn't expected there to be any left as I still only arrived about 10' before KO. Mostly due to the ever-painfully slow access onto jn 11 Unsure

If my research was on point then I believe these two HAVE only met twice before in the league.
- i.e. I'm not sure there'd ever have been an occasion where they'd have staged a league game here's vs the more esteemed forefathers 'Andover' who folded in 2011

- their recent descendants 'Town' sprang up as a Phoenix-like merger with Sparsholt in 2013 and were placed in the same division for their first season.

Match: nothing much to add to the report above - game played at a decent pace on a slightly slick surface - apart from where the victory slide was attempted. Angelic
ANS had to work very hard to keep their neighbours at bay and earn their superiority.

Match can't have done the young 'Town' side any lasting harm, as they followed up this performance - that might just have merited a draw - by handing out a first defeat of the season to league leaders Hythe & D. on Saturday

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3