Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Football in other countries:
Philadelphia Fury last one game in new league. / NISA Tier 3 league.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 20, 2019, 3:35 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 11 (1293 views)
Shortcut
Philadelphia Fury last one game in new league. / NISA Tier 3 league. Can't Post or Reply Privately

New tier 3 league in the USA.

New NISA league opens on Aug 31, 2019 in Oakland.
The National Independent Soccer Association began it's new 8 club 3rd tier Soccer league with a game in Oakland with the Roots drawing 3-3 against Cali Strikers at Laney College.

Now this league stands allegedly at the same level as the USL Div 1.

Stadiums and locations

East Coast.

Atlanta SC Alpharetta, Georgia @ Francis High School / Lupo Field at Life University.
Miami FC Miami, Florida @ Buccaneer Field 1,500 / @ Riccardo Silva Stadium 23,500
Philadelphia Fury Philadelphia, Pennsylvania @ Franklin Field 52,958 .
Stumptown Athletic Matthews, North Carolina @ Sportsplex at Matthews 5,000 .

West Coast .

California United Strikers FC Irvine, California @ Championship Stadium 5,000.
Los Angeles Force Whittier, California @ Rio Hondo College 1,000.
Oakland Roots SC Oakland, California @ Laney College 2,700.
San Diego 1904 FC San Diego, California @ SDCCU Stadium 70,561

The league season is split into a Fall ( NISA Showcase) and a Spring portion. It is alleged that new teams will join the Spring season !

The fall season has already run into problems with the league suspending Philadelphia Fury after only one game , an 8-1 loss in Miami.
Story about Philly https://nisaofficial.com/...nce-of-nisa-showcase

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Sep 20, 2019, 3:57 AM)

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 20, 2019, 1:31 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #2 of 11 (1193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Philadelphia Fury last one game in new league. / NISA Tier 3 league. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This will be a short lived league. I can't see any reason for a new tier 3 league other than for profit.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

leohoenig
Administrator

Sep 20, 2019, 2:08 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 11 (1181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Philadelphia Fury last one game in new league. / NISA Tier 3 league. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If the franchises make a profit, then it will not be a short term league.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 25, 2019, 11:04 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #4 of 11 (736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Philadelphia Fury last one game in new league. / NISA Tier 3 league. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Right , now to Muddy those Waters (queue song puns).

There is another League / Federation also wishing to start a Tier 3 league , the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL) governed by the United States Adult Soccer Association ( USASA) had the same idea as long ago as November 2018 when it was announced a ''Founders Cup'' at the end of the NPSL season in time to form a 2019 tier 3 league.

11 teams were supposedly being in the 'Founders Cup, EAST = Chattanooga, Detroit, Miami FC, Miami Utd, Milwaukee & New York Cosmos and WEST = Arizona , Cal, California Sunshine, Oakland & San Diego.

This was delayed by many reasons , then in July 2019 it was announced it was back on , this time being rebranded as the 'Members Cup'. Unfortunately many teams had reconsidered and some even jumped ship over to the new NISA (Post 1).

Those bailing out to NISA were California Utd Strikers , Miami FC & Oakland Roots.

The remaining left from the original 11 to form the new 6 club league were Chattanooga FC , Detroit City & Milwaukee Torrent.
New York Cosmos became New York Cosmos 'B' , those 4 were added to by Michigan Stars & Napa Valley 1839

Constitution.

Chattanooga FC @ Finlay Stadium , ( 20,668).
Detroit City @ Keyworth Stadium, Hamtramck (7,933).
Michigan Stars @ Ultimate Soccer Arena, Pontiac, ( 5,000.
Milwaukee Torrent @ Hart Park , Wouwatosa, ( 10,102).
Napa Valley 1839 @ Dodd Stadium , (6,270)
New York Cosmos 'B' @ Mitchel Athletic Complex, Uniondale , ( 10,102).

At the time of penning this NYC 'B' are top won 4 and 2 draws closely followed by Detroit City won 3 with one draw.

A draw for both was the big'ish one on Saturday 21/09. NYC went to Detroit and got a deserved draw. In front of 6,297 they dominated the first half but on resumption Detroit scored against the run of play with a header from a corner by Stephen Carroll. NYC equalised with a free kick by Darren Aspinal. They held on despite being reduced to 10 men for the last 20 minutes , Isaac Aeuna being the culprit.
The game was 35 mins late kicking off due to a weather delay !

All is not rosy in the garden , its expected that Chattanooga , Detroit & Michigan are all joining NISA , NY Cosmos want to but the lawsuits pending against them prevent that at the moment.
Napa with 5 losses are not happy stuck on their own in the West.

So I predict a

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Sep 25, 2019, 11:31 AM)

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 25, 2019, 1:57 PM

Post #5 of 11 (690 views)
Shortcut

If 6297 people are willing to watch a "tier 3" league game then a proper league system run by one organisation or at least integrated, with promotion/relegation, must be viable.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 25, 2019, 2:29 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #6 of 11 (681 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Philadelphia Fury last one game in new league. / NISA Tier 3 league. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If 6297 people are willing to watch a "tier 3" league game then a proper league system run by one organisation or at least integrated, with promotion/relegation, must be viable.

In US soccer you can usually knock at least 25% off official attendances to get near to the right figure. Sometimes much more - I attended a game which memorably recorded an attendance of 350 yet there were fewer than 50 in the ground!

To introduce promotion and relegation - a concept that's almost competely alien in major US sports - in soccer would require (1) dismantling of the franchise system and (2) persuading the TV companies, whose funding and coverage is crucial to the success of the game, to take on the risk of losing teams from big TV markets and gaining teams with little TV appeal.

It's not going to happen. And I'm not sure there's much demand for it from the public.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 25, 2019, 7:17 PM

Post #7 of 11 (652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Philadelphia Fury last one game in new league. / NISA Tier 3 league. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In US soccer you can usually knock at least 25% off official attendances to get near to the right figure. Sometimes much more - I attended a game which memorably recorded an attendance of 350 yet there were fewer than 50 in the ground!

To introduce promotion and relegation - a concept that's almost competely alien in major US sports - in soccer would require (1) dismantling of the franchise system and (2) persuading the TV companies, whose funding and coverage is crucial to the success of the game, to take on the risk of losing teams from big TV markets and gaining teams with little TV appeal.

It's not going to happen. And I'm not sure there's much demand for it from the public.

What about prom/rel between leagues below MLS where TV isn't a major issue? I know games below MLS are broadcast live, some one Youtube, so I can't see TV being an obstacle.

paulh66

Sep 25, 2019, 8:36 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #8 of 11 (633 views)
Shortcut

The franchise model operates below MLS too so the principles behind the previous point I made would still apply. I just can't see why the US would ever feel the need to embrace the concept of promotion and relegation when their sporting culture and heritage is hard-wired in a completely different way, and a way that works for them.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 26, 2019, 2:16 PM

Post #9 of 11 (551 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Philadelphia Fury last one game in new league. / NISA Tier 3 league. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So the 3 leagues operated by USL are all separate entities with no automatic movement between them?

paulh66

Sep 26, 2019, 5:38 PM

Post #10 of 11 (528 views)
Shortcut

Haven't been following it so don't know. Their (English) president was talking about the possibility of it happening to a limited degree in the future but that was months ago.

BillShep
Youth Team Regular

Oct 7, 2019, 6:47 PM

Team(s): City of Liverpool FC

Post #11 of 11 (315 views)
Shortcut

There is something going through the courts now about promotion and relegation and how they are not complying with FIFA regulations.

----------------------------------------------------------
Evo-Stick North/West Division 1919/20
North West Counties Premier Division Champions 2018/19
City of Liverpool FC - Debut season 2016/17

55th ground watching CoLFC - i2i Stadium, Ings Lane, Tadcaster Albion
FA Trophy Extra Prelim Replay. Lost 6-1 Att 271 08/10/19
Latest new ground
85th - i2i Stadium. Tadcaster Albion.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3