INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Entering Serbia With Kosovo Passport Stamp

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Oct 1, 2019, 10:48 AM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #1 of 10 (2415 views)
Shortcut
Entering Serbia With Kosovo Passport Stamp Can't Post or Reply Privately

Have any of our international travellers entered Serbia for the first time with a Kosovan entry stamp in their passport? Iím planning to visit Belgrade in November having previously entered Kosovo from Macedonia. From what Iíve read on travel forums I shouldnít have a problem as it only appears to be an issue if you try to enter from Kosovo having not entered that country from Serbia.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 1, 2019, 2:20 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #2 of 10 (2287 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sheffgeoff] Entering Serbia With Kosovo Passport Stamp [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't recall getting my passport stamped in Kosovo when we landed at Pristina some years back before taking a bus to Skopje, Macedonia

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 1, 2019, 2:53 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 10 (2261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Entering Serbia With Kosovo Passport Stamp [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Mine was stamped there last year, so I am interested in the answer to the question

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

KnowYourMarket
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 2, 2019, 1:30 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #4 of 10 (2005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Entering Serbia With Kosovo Passport Stamp [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am sure we had our passport stamped by the Kosovans at the border with Macedonia.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Oct 2, 2019, 7:12 PM

Post #5 of 10 (1897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sheffgeoff] Entering Serbia With Kosovo Passport Stamp [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
From what Iíve read on travel forums I shouldnít have a problem as it only appears to be an issue if you try to enter from Kosovo having not entered that country from Serbia.

Yes, I think these days that the situation has normalised a lot. Most of the troublesome cases I read of (probably on the same or similar sites you read) date back to much nearer the time when Kosovo was newly recognised, and to situations such as you describe with the non-recognition by the Serbian authorities of the border.

If you are indeed simply visiting Serbia, in-and-out, and your Kosovo stamps pair up - in and out by the same route, or at least not involving Serbia - I think the worst you might get is your Kosovan stamps scribbled out or overstamped. It seems to be largely unheard of these days for people to receive any worse treatment or inconvenience.

I certainly had my passport stamped by Kosovo immigration when I arrived at Pristina airport (leaving the same way) in 2016.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 2, 2019, 8:49 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #6 of 10 (1868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] Entering Serbia With Kosovo Passport Stamp [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Caught a train from Macedonia to Kosovo a few years ago and got a UN stamp in my passport.

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Oct 2, 2019, 10:08 PM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #7 of 10 (1827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] Entering Serbia With Kosovo Passport Stamp [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
From what Iíve read on travel forums I shouldnít have a problem as it only appears to be an issue if you try to enter from Kosovo having not entered that country from Serbia.

Yes, I think these days that the situation has normalised a lot. Most of the troublesome cases I read of (probably on the same or similar sites you read) date back to much nearer the time when Kosovo was newly recognised, and to situations such as you describe with the non-recognition by the Serbian authorities of the border.

If you are indeed simply visiting Serbia, in-and-out, and your Kosovo stamps pair up - in and out by the same route, or at least not involving Serbia - I think the worst you might get is your Kosovan stamps scribbled out or overstamped. It seems to be largely unheard of these days for people to receive any worse treatment or inconvenience.

I certainly had my passport stamped by Kosovo immigration when I arrived at Pristina airport (leaving the same way) in 2016.

Thanks for all the replies. My passport was stamped when I entered Kosovo by bus from Macedonia last year. They didn't stamp it when I returned by the same route a couple of days later. I guess I'll find out if the stamp causes a problem when I fly to Belgrade in November. I will report back how I get on when I return.

Callum
Youth Team Sub

Oct 3, 2019, 9:13 PM

Post #8 of 10 (1667 views)
Shortcut

I have also not been back to Serbia since going to Kosovo but seeing as the Nis to Prishtina portion of the bus trip starting from Belgrade is largely a commuter bus iíd Imagine all would be fine nowadays

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Nov 13, 2019, 7:09 PM

Post #9 of 10 (351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Callum] Entering Serbia With Kosovo Passport Stamp [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well I got my answer this morning when my flight from Luton arrived at Belgrade. I handed over my passport and the official scanned the photo page and then stamped my passport right next to my Kosovo stamp without even looking at it. It would appear not to be a problem if you fly to Serbia. Not sure whether a road crossing would be as straightforward?

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 13, 2019, 7:58 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #10 of 10 (337 views)
Shortcut

Pleased to hear that.

As far as driving, we would not have been allowed to cross from Kosovo to Serbia in our hire car, and the opposite may also be true.
However, there is a regular movement across the border, so some must. We went to a monastary in Kosovo that was a sacred site to Serbs. It was guarded by the UN and we needed to show passports on entry. There were Serb registered cars parked there.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3