Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
VVV Venlo/Fortuna Dusseldorf

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 30, 2019, 8:57 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1489 views)
Shortcut
VVV Venlo/Fortuna Dusseldorf Can't Post or Reply Privately

When I booked my flight to Dusseldorf I was not not sure where I would end up.

Sat 28 Sept VVV Venlo 0 sc Heerenveen 3 Eredivisie Att 5944 Entry 18.50 Euros Block VN5 Prog and badge free

The kick off time meant that I could get back to my hotel in Dusseldorf with a direct train at 21.05. When leaving the station cross the road turn right and keep on walking. It took me around 20 minutes. Ground very interesting. I thought I had booked my online ticket on the other side of the ground to where I actually would be on entry. There are no turnstiles. You just show your ticket. Block VN are all in the open and can sit anywhere although quite a number stood behind the seating.The away supporters are in a cage next to a seated covered stand behind the goal. There are seats in front behind the goal with no cover. Heerenveen scored twice early and then late to win easily. VVV missed a penalty saved by the keeper.

An enjoyable visit. Before I caught my train back I helped a fellow supporter. He wanted to use the station toilet which was credit card only and his was not working. I opened the door with mine and he gave me the cost of 50 cents although I was happy to help. My wife did query the amount on the card later that evening as it said Venlo station.

Badges and programmes were obtained in the club shop.

Sunday 29 September Bundesliga Fortuna Dusseldorf 1 Freiburg 2 Att 39244 Nord Tribune Block 114 29 Euros Prog 1 Badge 3.95

This was not the game I planned to see however the weather on leaving my hotel at 1.30 was very poor therefore decided on the above game. Nothing really happened until Fortuna scored in the 42nd minute then Freiburg equalised in 45. The winning goal came in the 81st from sub who had came on 9 minutes earlier. VAR in action. A penalty was given to Freiburg but like yesterday saved by the keeper. No idea why it was given until later in the evening when I saw the incident on t v. Correct decision by the VAR assistant Bibiana Steinhaus.
Ticket easy to buy from kiosk outside ground although cash only. Prog from seller in ground and badge from club shop. Tram after game with excellent queuing system. My hotel was only 5 stops away.

This was my 6th visit and first time Fortuna had lost.

The game at TuRU Dusseldorf was played and they beat Schwart Weiss Essen 4-0 in Oberliga Niederrhein. Would have also be a revisit

Tim Johnson

(This post was edited by T P Johnson on Sep 30, 2019, 9:03 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3