Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: Football in other countries:
0, 1 or 2 ticks ?

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 27, 2019, 3:28 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 6 (2224 views)
Shortcut
0, 1 or 2 ticks ? Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just to set the scene before the question.

Tuesday, July 16 , 2019 @ 18-30.
National Premier Soccer League. (Tier 4).
Midwest Region.
Regional Play Off , Q-F.
@ Concordia University, Ann Arbor.

Ann Arbor v Rochester Lancers.

Play off time in the Midwest pitted 2nd in the Great Lakes Conference Ann Arbor with 2nd in the East Conference Rochester Lancers. Normal kick off time is 18-00 for non floodlit grounds but the Lancers asked for a later 18-30 kick off to help with their travel arrangements. Although Regional its still a 370 mile one way journey , approx an 8 hour coach journey.

Its a lousy evening in Ann Arbor, the game begins but only lasts for 11 minutes when we have the first rain / lightning delay , play resumed and half time was reached with no scoring. The heavens opened during the interval with more lightning heard , lightning is an immediate 30 min delay to allow to pass, further lightning was heard and further delays.

Apparently after the first 30 min delay on 11 mins the home officials realised the game wouldn't finish , Ann Arbor came up with the plan to move the rest of the game into the nearby indoor Wixam Total Sports Centre. Rochester coach Doug Miller refused that option.

Why the game then kicked off again in the second half is anybodys guess but another 24 mins was played before the referee had to abandon it.

Now the fun began , the match referee rang the league boss to enquire what to do , he was told to ask the teams to play the remainder of play the next day, Wednesday. Ann Arbor were happy and offered to pay for Lancers stay over with a kick off to suit them. Lancers coach Miller again refused and the Lancers boarded their coach and they were away home.

At this stage the Lancers thought they had forfeited the game .
https://www.frontrowsoccer.com/...o-lack-of-lightning/

But no , phone calls early the next day from the league said they were to have a coin flip to decide the winners.
https://www.afcannarbor.com/...decided-by-coin-toss

Both teams didn't like this and got together and said they would be happy to play the remainder at a neutral venue on the Thursday to get it finished.

With the Semi Finals scheduled for Friday at Detroit Citys ground in Hamtramck looming the league agreed and Gannon University in Erie was to be the venue at 20-30. Lancers thought they had won the tie with a goal by Isaac Kissi 3 mins before the end of time but Ann Arbors Yazeed Matthews equalised immediately. So 2 x 10 periods of extra time were played with no more goals , so on to penalties which Rochester Won 5-4.

So after an elongated Q Final played over 50 hours at 2 different venues the Lancers progressed to the Semis the next day !

They lost in the semi 6-4 to Cleveland SC AET.

So here it is , if you saw any portion of this game would it be a tick ?
If you saw both portions would it be 2 ticks ?
If you saw any / both would it not be a tick ?

The league have taken a social media bashing over this and will probably change thr rules for play offs to ensure games are played at floodlit grounds.

What a farce.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Sep 27, 2019, 7:52 AM)

Chris1963

Sep 29, 2019, 8:16 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #2 of 6 (1959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] 0, 1 or 2 ticks ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If I had attended both portions then I would count them as separate grounds, therefore two ticks, even though it was only one match.

By the way, it can't be right that different countries have different rules about abandoned matches, some countries starting a new match while others restart from the time the first game was abandoned. This situation is because FIFA never bothered to draft a rule about it. Isn't it about time they did so? I don't think there has ever been an abandoned game in the World Cup Finals, but what would happen if there was one? Wouldn't that be FIFA's responsibility?

Callum
Youth Team Sub

Oct 3, 2019, 9:11 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] 0, 1 or 2 ticks ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Slightly off topic but would this be 1 or 2 country ticks for you Dotti Cool

https://mobile.twitter.com/.../1178281456642199552

dottirofhod

Oct 3, 2019, 9:39 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #4 of 6 (1757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Callum] 0, 1 or 2 ticks ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Callum, yes seen before. Probably 10% of pitch in other country if you look on Google Maps, but I get the point.
You could take a corner from one country and score in another.
Only the one tick for me.
But nothing like scoring in another country.

By the way I'm at home watching TV which is of no interest to anyone where I am but some people feel the need to give that info. St Francis Off.

I won't get Private Eye until Rivo of this parish gives it to me.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Oct 3, 2019, 11:54 PM)

rivington
Youth Team Regular

Oct 4, 2019, 7:03 AM

Team(s): The Alex

Post #5 of 6 (1680 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] 0, 1 or 2 ticks ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

"I won't get Private Eye until Rivo of this parish gives it to me."

For the benefit of any doubt that is Private Eye and only the Private Eye!

leohoenig
Administrator

Oct 4, 2019, 12:26 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #6 of 6 (1626 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] 0, 1 or 2 ticks ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

By the way, it can't be right that different countries have different rules about abandoned matches, some countries starting a new match while others restart from the time the first game was abandoned.

Can you explain why there needs to be a FIFA ruling on this, and it should not be left to each individual country and even competition to decide on these things?

In the other case mentioned, I suspect google maps has the border drawn wrong, but if not, I would count it as the country where the club's affiliation is.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3