Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Glenn Tamplin is at it again

bigjmc
Youth Team Sub

Sep 17, 2019, 11:16 PM

Post #1 of 18 (6343 views)
Shortcut
Glenn Tamplin is at it again Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sacked Harry Wheeler again despite Billericay being seventh ion the table! You just couldn't make it up could you?

genesimmons
Youth Team Star

Sep 18, 2019, 8:03 AM

Team(s): Gateshead

Post #2 of 18 (6051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bigjmc] Glenn Tamplin is at it again [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The club must not be up for sale anymore then

You wanted the best, you got the best

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Sep 18, 2019, 8:06 AM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #3 of 18 (6041 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bigjmc] Glenn Tamplin is at it again [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wheeler was sacked due to his reluctance to play Tamplins son, even though according to Town fans , 'He is 5hit'.

The Ego strikes back..

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 18, 2019, 10:25 AM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #4 of 18 (5803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] Glenn Tamplin is at it again [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Surely Wheeler's been sacked because he's again failing to get the best out of a stellar squad. Appoint a half decent National League manager and 'ricay should walk that league. Though I wonder how many half decent managers would take the job on!

Digdagdog
First Team Star

Sep 18, 2019, 10:40 AM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #5 of 18 (5756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Glenn Tamplin is at it again [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Looks like Tamplin has gone!

2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 65 Goals: 261 GPG: 4.02 New Grounds: 38

Hendonboy
Junior Team Regular

Sep 18, 2019, 10:42 AM

Post #6 of 18 (5745 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] Glenn Tamplin is at it again [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Looks like Tamplin has gone!

Strange phrasing by Billericay. I'm not sure how you "step down" from owning something.

kirby knitters

Sep 18, 2019, 10:46 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #7 of 18 (5723 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hendonboy] Glenn Tamplin is at it again [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just such a shame there isn't a separate Billericay Town thread where a more in depth discussion can be found about the shananigans at this pantomime of a club. Sly

Digdagdog
First Team Star

Sep 18, 2019, 11:17 AM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #8 of 18 (5656 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hendonboy] Glenn Tamplin is at it again [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Strange phrasing by Billericay. I'm not sure how you "step down" from owning something.

Agree!

2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 65 Goals: 261 GPG: 4.02 New Grounds: 38

Doobs
Junior Team Sub

Sep 18, 2019, 12:44 PM

Post #9 of 18 (5445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Digdagdog] Glenn Tamplin is at it again [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm sire his many, many fans will beg him to return and hell be back by Christmas.

southend statto
First Team Star

Sep 18, 2019, 1:01 PM

Team(s): most of my local sides

Post #10 of 18 (5378 views)
Shortcut

From BTFC's FB page:

Glenn Tamplin’s Time at BIllericay Town has come to an end.

It is with regret this Morning that we have to announce that Glenn Tamplin has stepped down as owner of Billericay Town after almost three years in charge..

‘’After long and lengthy discussions with close friends and family, I have decided now is the time for me to step aside from my role as both Owner and Director of Billericay at Town FC.
From day one it was always my ambition to improve the infrastructure and community aspect of the club and with very strong investment of my own personal money I feel I leave the club in a good position to move forward and continue to build on the foundations I have laid and add further advancement under a new ownership.
It hasn’t been an easy decision and not one I have taken lightly but i need to listen to advice from people close to me and now is the appropriate time to move away.
Everyone will have their own favourite memories and I have several, from the visit of Soccer AM and Sky Sports, to working with some great people from the professional game and mainly seeing my eldest son make his debut for Billericay, this i will cherish forever.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the players that have played for me, the coaching staff that have worked alongside me and all the staff that have stayed loyal to me through all the good and bad times, You have all made my time at the club even more special and I wouldn’t have been able to achieve what we have without your hard work.’’

From everyone at the club we would like to wish Glenn and his family all the best for the future and thank them for laying the groundwork to put Billericay Town FC back on the map, without this we wouldn’t be where we are now, and we also get to keep the fantastic memories of a whirlwind few years.
The current position the club are in with the league status and the facilities would never have been possible without their contribution.
For that we can’t thank you all enough.

Please be assured that the wellbeing and stability of the club is now our primary concern and it’s business as usual Saturday as the club continues to push forward.

bigjmc
Youth Team Sub

Sep 18, 2019, 1:03 PM

Post #11 of 18 (5376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Doobs] Glenn Tamplin is at it again [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Probably straight back in to rehab and research to learn some amazing things off amazing people and then invite himself back again to share his knowledge. Hopefully before then he'll fall over his ego.

Dazzla84
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 19, 2019, 3:06 PM

Team(s): South Shields and North East football in general

Post #12 of 18 (4088 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] Glenn Tamplin is at it again [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Wheeler was sacked due to his reluctance to play Tamplins son, even though according to Town fans , 'He is 5hit'.

The Ego strikes back..

So basically, hes thrown a massive hissy fit about the manager not giving his son starts in games and sacked him

Ridiculous, this is the sort of crap you'd sort of expect to see in youth games, not Step 2 of Non League

CLARET AND BLUE PIXELS: http://claretandbluepixels.wordpress.com

My blog for Talk on Non-League Football, South Shields FC and Video Games, yep a weird combination

(This post was edited by Dazzla84 on Sep 19, 2019, 3:07 PM)

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Sep 19, 2019, 4:37 PM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #13 of 18 (3955 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dazzla84] Glenn Tamplin is at it again [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yeah, but this is Tamplin we are talking about....

paulh66

Sep 19, 2019, 5:01 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #14 of 18 (3918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dazzla84] Glenn Tamplin is at it again [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

The Ego strikes back..

So basically, hes thrown a massive hissy fit about the manager not giving his son starts in games and sacked him

Ridiculous, this is the sort of crap you'd sort of expect to see in youth games, not Step 2 of Non League

The reason given for the sacking is "differences of opinion" between owner and manager. The rest is just rumour. Tamplin is Tamplin, of course, but Wheeler again wasn't delivering.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Sep 19, 2019, 5:06 PM)

bigjmc
Youth Team Sub

Sep 20, 2019, 2:06 PM

Post #15 of 18 (2893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Glenn Tamplin is at it again [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Seventh in the table having Pld 11 W5 D4 L2 is hardly relegation form?

(This post was edited by bigjmc on Sep 20, 2019, 2:06 PM)

paulh66

Sep 20, 2019, 2:15 PM

Post #16 of 18 (2883 views)
Shortcut

The squad they've got should be walking the league. How many more attempts at promotion could Wheeler expect? I appreciate his job might not be the easiest given who his boss is but, after he flopped massively at Maidstone and now a mediocre start to this season, does anyone really believe he's the man to deliver promotion?

A proven top non-league manager would surely take them up, though whether they'd be prepared to take the job on in the first place while Tamplin's calling the shots must be open to doubt.

southend statto
First Team Star

Sep 20, 2019, 10:40 PM

Team(s): most of my local sides

Post #17 of 18 (2333 views)
Shortcut

Club Statement |
On the eve of our FA Cup game against local club Basildon United, we urge as many of you as possible to come down and support our club.

To keep you all as updated as we can,
We are currently in discussions with local businessmen to secure the future of the club and things are progressing positively.
We hope to be able to announce the positive changes within the next week and believe that this will alleviate a lot of your concerns about where the club is heading and how it will develop over the coming seasons.
We have a sound foundation to grow from, the amenities at the club are second to none. Let’s remember “Together we Sail as One”

Doobs
Junior Team Sub

Sep 21, 2019, 12:54 PM

Post #18 of 18 (1844 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Seventh in the table having Pld 11 W5 D4 L2 is hardly relegation form?

Not every club starts the season with the ambition of avoiding relegation

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3