Brackley Town Saints.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Sep 22, 2019, 9:24 AM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #26 of 28 (512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Brackley Town Saints. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No idea, never looked for them. I doubt they are a limited company.

My point is; why would Inkberrow change the reserves into a separate club? Sporting Club are in Division Four which does not promote clubs. Inkberrow themselves are in Division Three and seldom look like getting promoted.
I note that Sporting Club had an attendance of 100 yesterday which is more than twice what Inkberrow usually get. Sporting Club are in a league which contains Reserve teams and is widely stated by many to be stronger than Division Three and therefore why would the Sporting players who are doing so well not be pushed up into the supposely more senior Inkberrow side? It makes no sense to me.

MelChester
Junior Team Regular

Sep 22, 2019, 10:03 AM

Team(s):

Post #27 of 28 (477 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Brackley Town Saints. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Inkberrow Reserves won the Stratford Alliance last season but are not in the league this season, their Academy side is still in the lower division. Can one presume the "new" Inkberrow are in fact this team rebranded, but playing wise are at least on par with the 1st team in Midland League three as the champions of the Stratford League would more than hold their own in Midland Three.

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Sep 22, 2019, 10:18 AM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #28 of 28 (466 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MelChester] Brackley Town Saints. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes, that is the point we are all making as the new club was established a few weeks before the season started. Obviously players cannot play for both teams in the same league so where are Sporting Club going? There is no promotion from Division Four but I suppose there is nothing to stop them applying for a higher division next season.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3