First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Dribble!
First Team Sub

Sep 17, 2019, 2:58 PM

Team(s): Ipswich Town

Post #1 of 90 (7399 views)
Shortcut
Old Spotted Dog Can't Post or Reply Privately

Seems Clapton CFC have won the bid to make the ground their new home - beating Clapton FC and Hackney Wick.

Wick now moving into Coles Park, not sure when Clapton CFC expect to move from Wadham Lodge https://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/...-dog-lease-1-6274559

Last New ground; Walton Casuals, Games in 2019/20 Season; 37, New Grounds this Season; 15, Next scheduled game: tbc

http://portmanroadtothesansiro.blogspot.co.uk/

(This post was edited by leohoenig on Sep 17, 2019, 3:44 PM)

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 17, 2019, 3:32 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #2 of 90 (7351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dribble!] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The ESL have just tweeted a response to this & they’re deeply concerned that unconfirmed reports on social media that Clapton FC have not been awarded the lease for the Old Spotted Dog.

Non League Projection - 2020/21: https://docs.google.com/...UTgVhKYTo/edit#gid=0
Step 1: https://www.google.com/....119447550000018&z=7
Step 2: https://www.google.com/...677250654298405&z=15
Step 3: https://www.google.com/...358611350589399&z=16
Step 4: https://www.google.com/...536616305542566&z=16
Step 5: https://www.google.com/...399355140531952&z=16
Step 6: https://www.google.com/...1556307438963813&z=9

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Sep 17, 2019, 4:46 PM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #3 of 90 (7221 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dribble!] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Shame Hackney Wick are forced out by the move.

The vacancy at Wadham Lodge is sadly too late I guess for Leyton Athletic.
I did hear however that apparently West Essex are eyeing up the possibility of moving in at WL. Comes from a very good source. (Dont they always?!)

Forest Gump
Youth Team Star

Sep 17, 2019, 5:03 PM

Post #4 of 90 (7199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Leyton Athletic were kicked out because they didn’t pay the rent. West Essex to WL pretty much nailed on.

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Sep 17, 2019, 5:18 PM

Post #5 of 90 (7157 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Forest Gump] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ah, I was unaware of the rent issue...

Paul Cockerton
Junior Team Regular

Sep 17, 2019, 9:23 PM

Team(s): Hull City, Clapton

Post #6 of 90 (6797 views)
Shortcut

No one has forced out Hackney Wick, in fact i’d expect them to be offered first option on a ground share, subject to a members’ vote by CCFC of course.

Hackney Wick have tweeted that they paid £4K rent up front for half a season which has now disappeared. Obviously we now know the freeholders hasn’t received any rent for quite a while so I hope Wick manage to trace it and recover it’, whoever they paid it to.

They need to play elsewhere as the Old Spotted Dog is not for football right now. There is no access to the dressing rooms (owned by the charity which lost the lease, with a court battle over that still looming) and the pitch and general appearance is in a sorry state.

Clapton CFC are staying at Wadham Lodge for this season. No one can play competitive football at the OSD until a solution to the lack of dressing rooms is found.

Finally, as Forest Gump says, Leyton Athletic were shown the door over rental issues. This took place well before it was offered to Clapton CFC. If they had been turfed out to make way for Clapton CFC I as a member would have voted and campaigned against. Financially, it would have earned the owners Matchday Centre more too to rent it to someone else like West Essex and keep Clapton CFC on the intermediate pitch but they gave us first refusal as good current tenants.

Hull City / Clapton fan.

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Sep 17, 2019, 10:38 PM

Post #7 of 90 (6652 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paul Cockerton] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for the clarification, although my term of forced out was not really what I meant.

To be fair The Old Spotted Dog has not been right for football for years...!

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 18, 2019, 8:03 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #8 of 90 (6388 views)
Shortcut

Does this spell the beginning of the end for Clapton FC ? Ground was in a terrible state when I went but at least the club had a place to call home . How long will the small band of people that stuck with them stand for travelling elsewhere for home games on a permanent basis . This decision must have ripped the heart out of them.

spen666
Youth Team Star

Sep 18, 2019, 9:48 AM

Post #9 of 90 (6265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paul Cockerton] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

They need to play elsewhere as the Old Spotted Dog is not for football right now. There is no access to the dressing rooms (owned by the charity which lost the lease, with a court battle over that still looming) and the pitch and general appearance is in a sorry state.

….

Are the dressing rooms / bar etc. not within the area upon which the lease was forfeited?

if so, surely the charity have lost this building as their ownership of building was conditional on them having the lease?

From memory, I thought the building was within the leased lland are

AndyE
First Team Star

Sep 18, 2019, 3:50 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 90 (5918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spen666] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wearing my "Let's get these things right in GTF" hat, can I check where we are right now.

Hackney Wick have left the Old Spotted Dog and moved to Haringey Borough's ground with immediate effect. Clapton Community FC now have the right to play at the Old Spotted Dog, but it is not at present fit for football in any case and for the time being they are playing at Wadham Lodge.

Clapton FC's home ground as stated to the Essex Senior League is the Old Spotted Dog, but they will no longer have the right to play there. Since they are in practice not able to play there at present, where are they in fact playing their home games?

Repoman
Junior Team Star

Sep 18, 2019, 4:01 PM

Post #11 of 90 (5905 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyE] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Wearing my "Let's get these things right in GTF" hat, can I check where we are right now.

Hackney Wick have left the Old Spotted Dog and moved to Haringey Borough's ground with immediate effect. Clapton Community FC now have the right to play at the Old Spotted Dog, but it is not at present fit for football in any case and for the time being they are playing at Wadham Lodge.

Clapton FC's home ground as stated to the Essex Senior League is the Old Spotted Dog, but they will no longer have the right to play there. Since they are in practice not able to play there at present, where are they in fact playing their home games?

Clapton have been playing home games at Aveley's Parkside ground, which as well as being home to Aveley, is used permanently by Grays Athletic and May & Baker. The Clapton arrangement was supposed to be temporary, how long that will be allowed to continue is moot.

Paul Cockerton
Junior Team Regular

Sep 18, 2019, 9:03 PM

Post #12 of 90 (5531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spen666] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It’s my understanding the bar area is part of the Old Spotted Dog lease but the dressing rooms and breakers’ yard behind it are not. They are still owned by the charity Newham Community Leisure, subject of a High Court case.

If there is no resolution to that case by next season, or agreement to use the dressing room, then I assume a temporary container dressing room might be needed. Or the bar converted to dressing rooms temporarily.

Hull City / Clapton fan.

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 19, 2019, 6:09 PM

Post #13 of 90 (4806 views)
Shortcut

The lunatic political fringe have basically taken over the asylum.

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 19, 2019, 6:11 PM

Post #14 of 90 (4804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [beyondtheborder] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Interesting how a political group with no experience of running a football ground and have only been in existence for eighteen months can be given
the lease to the Old Spotted dog is outrageous.

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 19, 2019, 6:14 PM

Post #15 of 90 (4801 views)
Shortcut
Re: [beyondtheborder] Old Spotted Dog [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Essex Senior League who know this group of politicos well and have had previous continual issues with their unpleasantness have already stated that under no circumstances would clapton momentum be allowed ever into the Essex Senior League. From experience they know exactly what they are about.

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 19, 2019, 6:16 PM

Post #16 of 90 (4798 views)
Shortcut

Hackney Wick were offered to share with Clapton Cuckoo Club but again having had previous negative experience of them, immediately declined the offer.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 19, 2019, 6:37 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #17 of 90 (4771 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Interesting how a political group with no experience of running a football ground and have only been in existence for eighteen months can be given

Why did Clapton FC lose the lease in the first place to cause it to be put out for tender?

Cal
Junior Team Regular

Sep 19, 2019, 10:02 PM

Post #18 of 90 (4504 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hackney Wick were offered to share with Clapton Cuckoo Club but again having had previous negative experience of them, immediately declined the offer.

Pint of bitter?

Paul Cockerton
Junior Team Regular

Sep 19, 2019, 11:22 PM

Post #19 of 90 (4411 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Perhaps because we have 1,500 paid up members, over £100k in the bank, averaged attendances of over 440 (peaking at 1266) in the 12th division, set up a men's team and a women's team, pay for free training for women, and free quality training for kids too, run a foodbank, brought an intermediate pitch back from wilderness to full use, built a terrace, donated more than £5000 to charity last season, paid tens of thousands of pounds of tax, run the Clapton FC history archive at the Bishopsgate Institute, and were founded by all surviving life members of CFC, and received support of the Newham mayor, councillors and local MP. And that's just off the top of my head. And it's affordable as every home game is free entry (donate what you like in the bucket).

With respect, I'd say that's pretty good going in 18 months.

This weekend, for instance, we have a men's league game, a women's FA Cup game (in the last round we had the biggest attendance in the country) with another amazing match programme, we're collecting food and toiletries for our charity partner the Magpie Project, we have two teams playing in the Man Den community cup aimed at keeping young lads out of gangs, and our first team coach is running a coaching session for young disabled footballers.

What, out of all that, do you hate so much?

Hull City / Clapton fan.

(This post was edited by Paul Cockerton on Sep 19, 2019, 11:50 PM)

Paul Cockerton
Junior Team Regular

Sep 19, 2019, 11:26 PM

Post #20 of 90 (4405 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

This is simply not true. I can categorically state there has been no offer made, and none rejected. Hackney Wick need a ground to play on, The Old Spotted Dog is not going to be available for a long period, Haringey is a great ground and Wood Gren, where it is, is almost as close to Hackney as Forest Gate. When the OSD is ready to host football, I'm sure there will be at least a conversation of some sorts.

We have a fantastic relationship with Hackney Wick, particularly between the coaches/management. We've even turned out in numbers to support their youth team.

Please think again before alleging there is a rivalry between two very friendly clubs.

Hull City / Clapton fan.

(This post was edited by Paul Cockerton on Sep 19, 2019, 11:38 PM)

Paul Cockerton
Junior Team Regular

Sep 19, 2019, 11:35 PM

Post #21 of 90 (4396 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The Essex Senior League who know this group of politicos well and have had previous continual issues with their unpleasantness have already stated that under no circumstances would clapton momentum be allowed ever into the Essex Senior League. From experience they know exactly what they are about.

Where have the ESL said this, do you have a link? I find this hard to believe, I've met most of the ESL committee over the years and found them decent footballing folks. Besides, they don't have to love a club to get on (see friction with Ilford in recent years). If there is the hatred you suggest emanating from the ESL, and the FA decided to put Clapton CFC in the Spartan South Midlands if promotions were achieved, I'm sure it wouldn't be the end of the world. But as I say I think they're a professional bunch at the ESL.

Clapton Community FC have played a couple of friendlies against ESL teams but otherwise have had no dealings with the league so I'm curious as to why they would be so against the club - except of course the, perhaps understandable. gripe that their friends lost the lease that CCFC has now been awarded.

Hull City / Clapton fan.

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Sep 20, 2019, 12:32 AM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #22 of 90 (4335 views)
Shortcut

Does it really matter what the ESL think?
Allocations are made by the FA aren't they?

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 20, 2019, 10:06 AM

Post #23 of 90 (4064 views)
Shortcut

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 20, 2019, 10:07 AM

Post #24 of 90 (4060 views)
Shortcut

As I said absolutely no experience of running your own football ground.

beyondtheborder
Junior Team Star

Sep 20, 2019, 10:09 AM

Post #25 of 90 (4057 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Where have the ESL said this, do you have a link? I find this hard to believe, I've met most of the ESL committee over the years and found them decent footballing folks. Besides, they don't have to love a club to get on (see friction with Ilford in recent years). If there is the hatred you suggest emanating from the ESL, and the FA decided to put Clapton CFC in the Spartan South Midlands if promotions were achieved, I'm sure it wouldn't be the end of the world. But as I say I think they're a professional bunch at the ESL.

Clapton Community FC have played a couple of friendlies against ESL teams but otherwise have had no dealings with the league so I'm curious as to why they would be so against the club - except of course the, perhaps understandable. gripe that their friends lost the lease that CCFC has now been awarded.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3