Tuesday 10th September 2019

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dtr1989
Youth Team Sub

Sep 11, 2019, 7:58 PM

Team(s): Bury

Post #26 of 34 (1564 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chorleyclaret] Tuesday 10th September 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi Chorley.

I have no affiliation to Irlam, it was my first time there. That was my view from a neutral perspective. There were 4 old fans behind the goal on their own. One of them gave me grief when I was passing and stated that Irlam should’ve had a penalty.

I was moving as the Charnock fans next to me on the far touchline were giving grief to the Irlam players and referee. I had bit my tongue for too long.

I then moved to between the dugout. I assume it was an assistant manager who was in the spectators area jumped on to the pitch when CR scored goading the Irlam bench. Completely out of order.

https://thepartialview.sport.blog/

royals26
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 11, 2019, 9:41 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #27 of 34 (1402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dtr1989] Tuesday 10th September 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Combined Counties Premier

Green Lane

CB Hounslow Utd 2-2 Sheerwater
13th v 10th

Adm: £8+£1 prog combo affair with 2 reserve games

Att: h/c 60-70+

Directions: M4 E to jn 3 then S on A312 over the A4 and the A30 into Green Lane - ground clearly visible and entrance is off to the right. I actually took an earlier turn on Green Lane and parked in the approach to the Gymnastics Club. Then walked along a path between fences nr the road, into the almost full CBH car park: along the perimeter wire mesh fencing, round to the entrance next to the clubhouse.

Facilities: Small-ish bar inside the clubhouse; no access (officially) from inside the ground but as I arrived early (yeah I know unheard of Angelic) , I somehow found a way (unchallenged) through off the pitch and nr the Dressing Rooms - but could not get back out that way. Fortunately I was remembered on 2nd visit to turnstile as the match was about to start. On passing though the first time I was asked if I was home or away - my as usual obtuse response in the neutral, seemed to get the young lady in the hut to start a new column of ticks. Tongue
- Though tbf I think there were several other 'hoppers' in the seats behind me - so maybe I wasn't the first .

Tea bar sited by the main clubhouse entrance further down the outside of the building
- had a very serviceable sausage and chips (once I'd explained why I didn't want a bun - again! Think I confused their pricing structure)

One medium sized seated stand opposite the clubhouse some cover at one end and bus shelter sized one the clubhouse side. Not bad for a 'new build' - though is actually about two years old now?

Nearby 'New' tick for me though I think I might have seen them at home, at one of the Bedfont's and certainly going much further back, at their original home of Tentelow Lane in Osterley.
- I will miss the 'Dungeons & Dragons' like journey from the old bar to the loos and walking underneath that precarious stand stuck (just) on the side of the building - which I never saw anyone brave - looked a akin to a Russian Nuclear facility - with some very rickety steps/ladders to get up to - though I'm sure I've been back there far more recently for an Indian Gymkhana match in the Middx leagues.

Match: Good fast open contest - CBH had the flair, pace and movement but Sheers brought formation work-rate and strength which nearly owned the day. An honourable draw in the end.

0-1 cross from the left - downward header on the far post bounced across the keeper and over him just inside the far corner.
1-1 some quick interplay down the right led to a quick driven cross which was acrobatically volleyed in overhead by the right winger, who was a bit of a 'pocket' Jamie Vardy in style and appearance.
1-2 corner forced in by a towering header on the back post
Ht
2-2 Long spell of pressure late on from the hosts. Eventually led to a cross only being flapped/palmed out, which was curled back in high over the covering defenders on the line, to much celebration of a point well fought for.

M4 had a lot of threatening 'closed' signs down towards jn 11 but I managed to squeeze past any 'siege by cones' and arrived indoors by about 22:15.

Hertspireite
Junior Team Star

Sep 11, 2019, 10:06 PM

Team(s): Chesterfield FC

Post #28 of 34 (1365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chorleyclaret] Tuesday 10th September 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Southern League Challenge Cup

Welwyn Garden City (Southern Central Div 1 - Step 4) 5 - 0 Hitchin Town (Southerm Central Premier - Step 3) HT 2 - 0
JP Mitchell Stadium, Herns Lane, WGC
Adm £10/5, Tea £1, Online programme, free team sheet
Attendance 125

This was my nearest match, at a ground I have not been to yet...
There is a very large grass verge outside of the ground which is used as an overflow car park, with parked cars all along the adjoining road as well.

The turnstiles were acquired from Tottenham Hotspur, immediately inside was a covered standing area with scaffolded walls. Along one side of the pitch was a stand, unfortunately the PA system didn't work so no announcements. A clubhouse with bar had a pool table
indoors, and the toilets were accessible from outside.

The game itself was very one sided, I expected more from Hitchin, having recently had a good FA Cup game win, and also being in the division above...but Hitchin appeared to struggle from the start. There were injuries in the last minutes, meaning the end of the game did not have 22 men on the pitch.

2018 -19 season. 7 new grounds.
2019 -20 season 17 new grounds.
Newest ground visited Sharpenhoe Road, Barton Rovers, Southern League Division 1 Central, Level 4

Sussexhopper
First Team Star

Sep 11, 2019, 11:02 PM

Team(s): Worthing Brighton Burnley

Post #29 of 34 (1261 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dilligaf] Tuesday 10th September 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Horsham 3 Metropolitan Police 2
FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round Replay, Att 445
Admission £11 Programme £2

Also here. Match perfectly summarised by Bigaitch. A really entertaining game but i was thankful for Horsham's last gasp winner rather than having another half hour of extra time and potential penalties.

Plenty of familiar faces in attendance including the forum's burgesshillbee.

As advised by the club i parked in the park and ride facility opposite the access road to the stadium which is just off the A24 roundabout at Southwater.No problems here as there are club marshals directing you where to park and assisting on crossing the road to the stadium.Parking at the stadium is strictly for players and the match and club officials.

For a new build i thought the stadium was pretty good surrounded by woodland and part of a golf course. There is also a caged artificial pitch behind the main stand.

No problems getting away afterwards and drove past Broadbridge Heath's new ground which i had visited the previous Tuesday.

Also present.

Only gripe from an excellent new build and a great game was what’s the point in Marshall’s helping grown adults cross the road to/from the park and ride? It reminded me
of being at school and having a lolly pop man helping you
across. As a certain hopper said on the way out I’m 65 years old and not been hit by a car yet...

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Sep 11, 2019, 11:04 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #30 of 34 (1258 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dilligaf] Tuesday 10th September 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As mentioned by Dilligaf also at Horsham 3 v 2 Met Police

Nothing much to add to the reports already submitted by others. A nice bar has been built and i met Splodge of this forum there for a pre match natter before he went off to get some photo's before it went dark. Henfield Bee was also here making a quick re visit having been to the Crawley friendly earlier in the season. Thankful it didn't go to Extra Time, though it was an enjoyable game to watch.

totallyuntamed
First Team Star

Sep 11, 2019, 11:22 PM

Team(s): Solihull Moors

Post #31 of 34 (1225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hertspireite] Tuesday 10th September 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cymru League North Penrhyncoch 1 Corwen 0 Admission £3 (concession). No sign of a programme. Tea £1 Attendance 108 (headcount)
This tiny village just 6 miles from Aberystwyth was not the easiest to find and when I arrived I thought for a few awful moments that the game was off as there were no signs of life. However, I soon discovered that the visitors were about to go on to the pitch for pre match warm ups and also that the kick off had been put back to 7.45. It is amazing that Penrhyncoch have established themselves in the second tier of Welsh football (this is their fourth season since promotion from the Mid Wales League) and they have done a fine job on their Cae Baker ground which is alongside the village primary school. In order to retain their place in the second tier a new 250 seater stand has been constructed behind the goal at the BP garage end of the ground with a new toilet block next to it. The far side is the only non hard standing part of the ground and has a very narrow strip of standing backing on to the school. There is a pay box at the end of this stretch and one diagonally opposite it by the changing rooms where there is also a cafe. There is a tiny car park here which I failed to get in to. On this side of the pitch there is a further stand with 50 seats straddling the halfway line which like the newer one are all in the club colours of red (their nickname is The Roosters). However, sight lines are not good here, something I have experienced before at this level in Wales. The dugouts partially block the view of both ends and spectators are allowed to stand in front of the seats. There is also a small amount of covered standing midway between the stand and the changing rooms. As is usually the case in this part of Wales the scenery is simply stunning and added much to my enjoyment of a hard fought game which could have gone either way before eventually being settled by a single goal midway through the second half. Corwen did not look a poor side but are struggling at the moment after their promotion and will need to step up their finishing if they are to survive.

"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Milletts".

Wiretown.Editor
First Team Regular

Sep 12, 2019, 12:00 AM

Team(s): Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Tn, Warrington Wolves

Post #32 of 34 (1171 views)
Shortcut
Re: [totallyuntamed] Tuesday 10th September 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Emirates FA Cup 1 Q Replay
City of Liverpool 0 Warrington Town 4
Admission pass (was £8 I think), prog £2
Food and drink on sale
Att. 1099

Town scored in the opening minute and from going two up on 27 pretty much dominated thereafter. It was three on the stroke of half time. When the fourth went in half way through the second half more or less half the crowd left en-masse. Town certainly deserved this win and played far better than the first game where a late equaliser gave us this replay opportunity.

When I last visited Bootle's then new ground it was not really finished. It is much better now with two covered seated stands at one end either side of the goal, a covered terrace at the other and a raised decking area along the front of most of the club house, in turn covering a good percentage of one touchline.

A decent attendance with a lively atmosphere, although the goals very much quelled the home enthusiasm and encouraged the decent away following.

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Sep 12, 2019, 6:19 PM

Team(s): Palace/Epsom and Ewell/Didcot Town and Djurgardens IF.

Post #33 of 34 (722 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Tuesday 10th September 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Odd. Nothing of the sort at CR last Saturday when the decisions all went Irlams way, and it was there bench that were given out the verbals.
Also I didn't see any CR fans who seemed likely to create issues at away games, very friendly club.l

2019-20 - 32 games, last Loughborough Foxes v Nottm Forest Women 10/10, goals 101, avgpg 3.15, new grounds 9. Last - Loughborough University 10/10.
New Grounds in 2019 - 22. 2018 - 44. 2017 -44. Grounds in Total - 1215.
RL Grounds - 34 (Last - Craven Park, Barrow - 8/9/19), Speedway Tracks 50.

hemelhopper
First Team Star

Sep 12, 2019, 9:16 PM

Team(s): Hemel Hempstead Town FC, Trust Portsmouth FC and The Reds of Cincinnati

Post #34 of 34 (553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] Tuesday 10th September 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Broadqbridge Heath 2-1 Hassocks
SCL Prem Div

.. also, at this one .. Tongue

Travel – mainly across country on the A272, from A3, in a good hour plus.
Colours – Bears in all blue .. Robins in all white

Excellent comments and summing up by all of the above posters .. although I should have not mentioned Tesco was next door to Mrs hh, for I ended up with a shopping list and a few provisions to stash away in the car before the game .. however, it did mean I was early and got one of those elusive programmes .. a nice read and fully up to date.

Thought the game was heading for a nil-niller at half time but with both teams full of get up and go in the second, was delighted to see a good contest unfold and all hands to the pump for the Bears in last five minutes to secure the win.

Liked the new set up of the ground .. yes, similar to others but way better than the previous one with just a one sided view across the athletics track .. hopefully they will plant many a tree around the impressive timber perimeter fencing and block the view of passing cars on the surrounding roads .. on, to and from the A24 .. which I used going south and was home before 11pm .. very enjoyable evening.

Grounds = 618, Leagues done = 15 (37 to go); Games (19/20) = 76; New Grounds (19/20) = 62; Goals (19/20) = 337; Ave goals/game = 4.43; Last new ground = Hants FA at Winklebury, Basingstoke; Next = Thurs 17th Oct 2019

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3