Home: Non League Football Information: History:
Luton Town in the Wallspan league 1979/80

marthabbin
Junior Team Sub

Apr 20, 2019, 9:45 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1034 views)
Shortcut
Luton Town in the Wallspan league 1979/80 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just seeing if any Luton Town researchers / record keepers have the results for their one season in the wallspan southern combination league and cup 1979/80. [ Probably classed as Luton town 'A' team with a mix of youth / trialists and the occasional 1st teamer coming back from injury]
I have some results obtained from that seasons programmes but are missing a few also. mainly from March to May 1980 where there was a back log of fixtures where the results / reports didn't make the programmes or were played after the last home programme was issued, this is to help my continuing research into this competition which was actually administered from Kenilworth road for this one season.
I know its a long shot but any help would be much appreciated.

Martin

marthabbin
Junior Team Sub

Sep 8, 2019, 8:04 PM

Post #2 of 4 (454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marthabbin] Luton Town in the Wallspan league 1979/80 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just bumping this back to the top on the off chance anybody can help, also if anybody has any other wallspan league results for any other teams for April / May 1980.
[ There was a jounalists strike this period that meant many local papers didnt have any reports / local results or were not printed for some weeks this period meaning missing info ]

Straw Plaiter
Youth Team Sub

Sep 9, 2019, 11:57 AM

Team(s): Luton Town

Post #3 of 4 (366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [marthabbin] Luton Town in the Wallspan league 1979/80 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I spoke to the LTFC historian and he has no information that can help you - he concentrates on first team affairs. Anything from the moustache/proper shorts (pre 1901) era and I'm your man.

Luton fans forums tend to concentrate on current football, Brexit, music etc so would be a waste of time. Your best bet would be to join the Facebook group - Luton Local League Football Memories. The group consists of former players and administrators including Beds F.A. members. They are really helpful and if they can't answer they often share posts with people they know can help. Good luck.
Cheers

Brian

marthabbin
Junior Team Sub

Sep 10, 2019, 6:09 PM

Post #4 of 4 (244 views)
Shortcut

Many thanks for the advise, I will give them a go.

martin

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3