INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Women's Football:
How long will the interest last ?

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 9, 2019, 11:33 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 3 (1549 views)
Shortcut
How long will the interest last ? Can't Post or Reply Privately

What's going on , 2 Women league games at the weekend with attendances of 31,213 ( Man City) & 24,564 ( Chelsea ).

Great timing by the league , International weekend and no men club games , so many with nothing to do , 2 x local derbies , still a World Cup feeling re Women but these attendances are very good.

I believe Chelsea was free (Talk Sport) but even so , talking to a Chelsea official on the show post match she said she will be happy to be back at Kings Meadow ?

So are those crowds one offs or can we expect more ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 120 / 101 / 19 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 02 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 9, 2019, 2:32 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1523 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] How long will the interest last ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If entrance continues to be free (at Chelsea) then the crowds will remain well above the norm, Once the novelty wears off and Women's games start to clash with PL games, or even the same weekend, then I see crowds dropping back to a bit higher than last seasons level. If the BBC show more live games, preferably not hidden away on the red button, that might generate more interest, along with affordable ticket prices, affordable for families not just for one person.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

mxhornet
First Team Star

Sep 11, 2019, 10:52 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #3 of 3 (1418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] How long will the interest last ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I agree these are pretty much "one offs" but as with U23 and U18 games played at the clubs home ground tend to get far higher attendances than those played on groundshares or training grounds. Also in quite limited experience given the earliness in the season matches I've attended at lower levels are drawing higher crowds despite some clubs now charging who hadn't previously. So I feel interest is gradually growing and will continue to do so.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3