INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup

chienmort
First Team Sub

Sep 7, 2019, 1:21 PM

Team(s): Poole Town FC, Queens Park RANGERS.

Post #1 of 15 (3121 views)
Shortcut
Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup Can't Post or Reply Privately

Have the rules changed this year?

Poole Town FC - les couilles du chien

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 7, 2019, 2:36 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 15 (3094 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chienmort] Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Still the same from I can see. Hanley Town in the FAC the other week had no problem with people drinking pitch side in plastic others rope an area off.

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 7, 2019, 8:22 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #3 of 15 (2918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chienmort] Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The bar staff at Dunstable seemed oblivious to the rule, so I took my £81 raffle winnings and invested in a(nother) pint. As the (soulless) bar is run by the council, they can pay any fine

CheshFan
Junior Team Star

Sep 7, 2019, 9:00 PM

Team(s): Chesham United

Post #4 of 15 (2866 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The consumption of alcohol in the ground or premises during the period of a match shall be subject to the terms of the Club licence agreement and the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985 and/or any successor legislation. Glasses, glass bottles, or cans containing alcohol are not permitted outside of the Clubhouse and must not be brought into grounds.

The FA have changed the rule book this year and seem to imply that it is dependant on the club’s normal licence, without actually saying that you can drink a beer in a “plastic” glass

genesimmons
Youth Team Star

Sep 8, 2019, 8:33 PM

Team(s): Gateshead

Post #5 of 15 (2364 views)
Shortcut
Re: [CheshFan] Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Seems to vary according clubs now but there was a rule once over where it was banned in any fa competition. Went to see staveley mw last year in the FA cup and it was allowed no problem. I do recall 3 seasons ago alfreton did not allow it

You wanted the best, you got the best

Sussexhopper
First Team Star

Sep 8, 2019, 11:20 PM

Team(s): Worthing Brighton Burnley

Post #6 of 15 (2150 views)
Shortcut
Re: [genesimmons] Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Seen FA Cup games this season at Melton Town and South Normanton this season and at both was only allowed to drink in a certain section just in front of the bar so I’m not so sure the FA have relaxed this rule.

bmavfc
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 9, 2019, 1:01 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Peterborough Sports

Post #7 of 15 (1861 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sussexhopper] Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Peterborough Sports tweeted that the rule has changed as long as in plastic glass

KnowYourMarket

Sep 9, 2019, 6:58 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #8 of 15 (1625 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bmavfc] Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Plenty of cans of Strongbow in the North East on Saturday

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

ladderman

Sep 9, 2019, 7:05 PM

Post #9 of 15 (1615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bmavfc] Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Peterborough Sports tweeted that the rule has changed as long as in plastic glass

Even though there's no such thing?

Southend_Loyal
Junior Team Regular

Sep 12, 2019, 2:35 PM

Post #10 of 15 (1038 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The bar staff at Dunstable seemed oblivious to the rule, so I took my £81 raffle winnings and invested in a(nother) pint. As the (soulless) bar is run by the council, they can pay any fine

I too was at this game. Congrats on the win (both raffle and football). You must have arrived just before me, as my ticket was numbered only slightly higher

Reborn Yellow
Youth Team Regular

Sep 12, 2019, 2:45 PM

Team(s): Hucknall Town, Nottingham Forest

Post #11 of 15 (1033 views)
Shortcut
Re: [genesimmons] Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In my limited experience, Alfreton seems to have strange ideas on what is, and isn't allowed.

ladderman

Sep 12, 2019, 3:06 PM

Post #12 of 15 (1017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Southend_Loyal] Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The coach arrived at 12.50! I think I only bought the tickets to cure the monotony

Southend_Loyal
Junior Team Regular

Sep 12, 2019, 3:25 PM

Post #13 of 15 (1011 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The coach arrived at 12.50! I think I only bought the tickets to cure the monotony

It did. I parked up just after. Beat a lot of the coach in but there were about 10 of you in the Bar when I went through

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 12, 2019, 5:03 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #14 of 15 (939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reborn Yellow] Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Since everyone seems to be finding it so difficult to look up the relevant rule I will reproduce it here:

The consumption of alcohol in the ground or premises during the period of a match shall be subject to the terms of the Club licence agreement and the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985 and/or any successor legislation. Glasses, glass bottles, or cans containing alcohol are not permitted outside of the Clubhouse and must not be brought into grounds.

Previously the rule said:

Glasses, glass bottles, or cans containing alcohol are not permitted outside of the Clubhouse and must not be brought into grounds. No alcohol is to be consumed in the ground or premises during the period of any match, except as may be governed by the terms of the club licence with regard to its own members, but, notwithstanding such, no alcohol is to be taken or consumed outside the licensed clubhouse or any other authorised area during such match period or brought into the ground.

Since the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985 doesn't apply to the FA Cup preliminary or qualifying rounds the consumption of alcohol outside the clubhouse in the those stages of the competition is now permitted but not in glasses, glass bottles or cans.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 12, 2019, 5:33 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #15 of 15 (918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] Pitchside Drinks in the FA Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Since everyone seems to be finding it so difficult to look up the relevant rule I will reproduce it here:

Good stuff. Though post #4 had already pretty much nailed it for me, if not for others! Cool

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3