Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Other British Isles Football:
Scottish fixture / venue changes - Saturday, August 31

LLD
Reserve Team Star

Aug 28, 2019, 7:01 PM

Team(s): Livingston

Post #1 of 6 (563 views)
Shortcut
Scottish fixture / venue changes - Saturday, August 31 Can't Post or Reply Privately

West Region SJFA League Two
Newmains United v Ardeer Thistle

Will be played at Bothwellhaugh, new home of Caledonian Braves / Edusport Academy.

2pm kick off.

For all your Scottish football fixture needs: scottishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com

LLD
Reserve Team Star

Aug 29, 2019, 7:25 AM

Post #2 of 6 (489 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LLD] Scottish fixture / venue changes - Saturday, August 31 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

East of Scotland Junior Cup
Syngenta v Pumpherston Juniors

Will now be played at Falkirk Stadium.

3pm kick off.

For all your Scottish football fixture needs: scottishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com

LLD
Reserve Team Star

Aug 29, 2019, 1:11 PM

Post #3 of 6 (448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LLD] Scottish fixture / venue changes - Saturday, August 31 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

East of Scotland Junior Cup
Bo'ness United Juniors v Forfar Albion

Will be played at Xcite Linlithgow as the new pitch at Newtown Park is not yet ready.

2.30pm kick off.

LeedsPhil
First Team Star

Aug 29, 2019, 1:38 PM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #4 of 6 (438 views)
Shortcut

Oh for goodness sake!
How is a bracketed-tick chaser supposed to be in three places at once, never mind the original double up in the Highlands that I had set my heart on?!!
I need a less stressful obsession!
Crazy

LLD
Reserve Team Star

Aug 31, 2019, 8:35 AM

Post #5 of 6 (316 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Scottish fixture / venue changes - Saturday, August 31 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bonar Bridge is off so that torpedoes your Highland double anyway Phil Wink

(This post was edited by LLD on Aug 31, 2019, 8:36 AM)

LeedsPhil
First Team Star

Sep 9, 2019, 5:50 PM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #6 of 6 (186 views)
Shortcut

4th Sept news item on Newmains United's official website :

NEWMAINS UNITED can confirm Saturday’s [31st Aug] match against Ardeer Thistle was moved after asbestos was found at their Victoria Park clubhouse.
The material was flagged up in roof tiles during a survey report carried out ahead of the club beginning work to improve the North Lanarkshire Leisure facility.

It saw the weekend West League Two clash switched to Bothwellhaugh Playing Fields.
Work began to remove the material earlier this week with the club hopeful they will be able to return in time for their next home clash with Johnstone Burgh on September 14.

Co-manager Paul Davies said: “From a football perspective it’s not an ideal situation but it’s better to make sure works are carried out properly, which will only benefit us all in the long-run.

“North Lanarkshire Leisure have been great with the club and continue to support us. They have found us alternative facilities that meet league criteria and arranged to help us with the work, which is fantastic.

“We are now planning on putting a new suspended ceiling in the club but the old one must be removed first of all. The work should hopefully be completed by September 13.”

Hmmm. Some "hopefully"s in there (my bolding for emphasis).
I'm supposed to be down the road and across the border on Friday night, but now may have to keep my powder dry in case a last-minute bracketed tick pops up at under 24 hours' notice. More likely they'd just switch the JB fixture and also the reverse meeting (beyond year end), I s'pose...

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3