Scottish Junior Cup - draw

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

LeedsPhil
First Team Star

Oct 14, 2019, 11:04 AM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #26 of 32 (545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Scottish Junior Cup - draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sat 12 Oct
R2 third attempts
Maud 0-3 Kirriemuir Thistle
Thorniewood P-P Banks o' Dee
R2 replays
Benburb 11-0 Deveronside
Bo'ness United CFC 2-2 Ellon United, pens 2-4
Culter 4-2 Wishaw

The fourth attempt of Thorniewood v BoD is listed for a fortnight later Sat 26th Oct, which surprises me, and again at Thorniewood. That's the date of the next round, so Glenafton v Thorniewood/BoD is already pushed back to Nov 2nd. Surely they should be having a go at this outstanding R2 tie on Sat 19th Oct, with a back-up plastic neutral venue if Robertson Park is still soggy (it's a notoriously poor drainer). And although there is no 'three strikes and you're out' rule, if it were switched to BoD, it'd be on guaranteed plastic and not holding up the competition...

alderman friend
Youth Team Regular

Oct 14, 2019, 11:25 AM

Post #27 of 32 (529 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Scottish Junior Cup - draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

don't banks of dee have a Scottish cuptie at Edinburgh city on Friday 18th.

LeedsPhil
First Team Star

Oct 14, 2019, 4:10 PM

Post #28 of 32 (427 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alderman friend] Scottish Junior Cup - draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Doh! Silly me! I should have remembered that, especially since I'll be at that game at Ainslie Park on Friday night!

I'm going outside. I may be some time.

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 15, 2019, 4:37 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #29 of 32 (236 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Scottish Junior Cup - draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thorniewood v Banks o Dee on the 26th now being played at Carluke

Chris1963

Oct 15, 2019, 4:48 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #30 of 32 (232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Scottish Junior Cup - draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Having just had a look at Thorniewood's twitter account, it is interesting to note that they had produced a very colourful double-sided teamsheet (presumably in lieu of a programme) for the original 28th September date. Is this normal for their home games now (I got a proper programme there about two or three years ago) or was it because they were worried about the rain in the days leading up to the match? However, if they were to issue a new programme for the neutral venue of Carluke's 3G pitch on 26th October, confident in the knowledge the rain couldn't ruin things this time, it might attract some hoppers along in view of the fact that Carluke Rovers never issue.

prorege

Oct 15, 2019, 4:54 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #31 of 32 (223 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Scottish Junior Cup - draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They stopped doing programmes around 18 months ago. They sometimes have a teamsheet available but not always.

LeedsPhil
First Team Star

Oct 15, 2019, 5:29 PM

Post #32 of 32 (191 views)
Shortcut

SmileSmileSo a fifth long uphill walk from Carluke station for a bracketed tick it will be for me (Benburb, Forth Wanderers, Lesmahagow, and Royal Albert all previously seen borrowing the John Cummings plastic). And there's still the need to return there for a Carluke game too, of course.

I'll let the must-have-paper brigade know if anything is produced.

I dunno, don't some people who pursue this hobby let ridiculous obsessions dictate which game they go to?!! CrazyBlush

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3