Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Dulwich Hamlet new stadium planning application

hawkwind
First Team Star

Aug 12, 2019, 2:29 AM

Post #1 of 5 (3063 views)
Shortcut
Dulwich Hamlet new stadium planning application Can't Post or Reply Privately

Details on Dulwich Hamlet and Southwark Council sites.

Article on Dulwich Hamlet site linked here.

The FAQ section is very informative.

Dulwich Hamlet deserve this to be a success.

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 12, 2019, 4:50 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #2 of 5 (2255 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hawkwind] Dulwich Hamlet new stadium planning application [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It appears that the new stadium will be built on the 3G pitch which forms part of the Greendale Playing Fields next door. Unfortunately, from looking at the satellite photo, there seems to be a lot of trees there around the 3G pitch and elsewhere in the vicinity and some of these will probably have to be cut down to make way for an access road and the new stadium. This might result in a lot of opposition from local residents.

Geoff
First Team Sub

Aug 12, 2019, 7:01 PM

Post #3 of 5 (2016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Dulwich Hamlet new stadium planning application [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I love the way they refer to their current home as an “our aging stadium” It was only built in the early nineties.
As someone who visited the old stadium (a truly magnificent enclosure) on a number of occasions, their description makes me feel very old.

HollowTalker
Youth Team Sub

Aug 13, 2019, 8:44 AM

Post #4 of 5 (1489 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Geoff] Dulwich Hamlet new stadium planning application [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I love the way they refer to their current home as an “our aging stadium” It was only built in the early nineties.
As someone who visited the old stadium (a truly magnificent enclosure) on a number of occasions, their description makes me feel very old.

I have the same issue. The 1990s was only last week.

Either that or I should stop listening to Absolute Radio 90s.

Trigger
Ballboy/girl

Aug 13, 2019, 3:25 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hawkwind] Dulwich Hamlet new stadium planning application [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

"Only a new stadium at Champion Hill will allow DHFC to deliver the current standard of football to the current level of crowds"

How will they be affected when they lose the Hipsters? Will they be able to support a new stadium or by doing this are they covering that base to ensure they survive them?

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3