Leagues yet to declare 2019-20

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 30, 2019, 1:13 PM

Team(s): Huddersfield Town, Gibraltar

Post #26 of 33 (1272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southend statto] Leagues yet to declare 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hi, just a wee correction, the Chelmsford and District Churches League play on a Saturday morning. I understand that they may be attending church on a Sunday

Iíve got them grouped under my Sunday leagues colour on my spreadsheet which I havenít changed! Will change it now so I donít make the same mistake again, thank you!

http://www.englishfootballdatabase.weebly.com

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 31, 2019, 9:39 AM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #27 of 33 (1110 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] Leagues yet to declare 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Herne Bay and Whitstable now on Full time.

SME
Youth Team Regular

Sep 2, 2019, 6:12 PM

Team(s): Bradford Park Avenue Sutton United

Post #28 of 33 (918 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southend statto] Leagues yet to declare 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Herts & Borders Churches League is also aSaturday morning competition.

(This post was edited by SME on Sep 2, 2019, 6:14 PM)

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 3, 2019, 9:15 AM

Post #29 of 33 (744 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] Leagues yet to declare 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Well something doesn't add up

NS, Lowick, Wooler and AFC Newbiggin are all still showing in the Northern Alliance tables (both their official website and full time)

The 2 Amble clubs, Alnmouth, Alnwick Dev and Craster & Embleton are all still showing in the tables for the Northeast Combo.

The trend in the north east is to year on year overwhelmingly lose clubs and leagues, not the reverse.

As I said, the league has just lost ALL its clubs that were in membership last season, so a 13 team North Northumberland League for the coming season seems highly improbable and so something is a amiss here!

I think some of the ex-NNL clubs are going to be playing in some of the competitions in the new North East Combination League, but the NNL is now under new management. The NECL website has 13 teams listed on its website for the NNL division.

Iím just missing three Saturday Leagues now:
Birmingham & District League
Bromley & South London League
Wimbledon & District League (Mitoo is showing 2019-20 but not live yet)

These are the following Sunday leagues Iím missing:
Camden Sunday League
Chelmsford & District Churches League
Chelmsford Invitation League
Chesham Sunday League
Daventry & District League
East London Barking & Dagenham League
Great Yarmouth Sunday League
Herne Bay & Whitstable Sunday League
Hertfordshire & Borders Church League
Huntingdonshire Sunday League
Liverpool & District Sunday League
Liverpool Business Houses League
Morden & District Sunday League
Nottinghamshire Combination League
Telford Sunday League

Birmingham & District League now on FullTime; Bromley & South London League should be next week, although there is a list of all the teams on their website; Wimbledon & District League should be live soon as their first games are 14th September.

Regarding the North Northumberland League, Iíve noticed in the NCFL fixtures for this Saturday that thereís a game scheduled between Alnwick Town u23 and Blyth Bebside & Cowpen United, both of these teams are in Division One, so could be an additional 12 games for clubs in the league (teams play everyone once)? Thereís no other league games scheduled however.

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 3, 2019, 9:23 AM

Post #30 of 33 (740 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
These are the following leagues Iím missing:
Camden Sunday League
Chelmsford & District Churches League
Chesham Sunday League
East London Barking & Dagenham League
Great Yarmouth Sunday League
Hertfordshire & Borders Church League
Liverpool & District Sunday League
Liverpool Business Houses League
Nottinghamshire Combination League

Northumbrian
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 3, 2019, 2:20 PM

Team(s): Ponteland Utd, Newcastle Utd

Post #31 of 33 (675 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

NS, Lowick, Wooler and AFC Newbiggin are all still showing in the Northern Alliance tables (both their official website and full time)

The 2 Amble clubs, Alnmouth, Alnwick Dev and Craster & Embleton are all still showing in the tables for the Northeast Combo.

The trend in the north east is to year on year overwhelmingly lose clubs and leagues, not the reverse.

As I said, the league has just lost ALL its clubs that were in membership last season, so a 13 team North Northumberland League for the coming season seems highly improbable and so something is a amiss here!

I think some of the ex-NNL clubs are going to be playing in some of the competitions in the new North East Combination League, but the NNL is now under new management. The NECL website has 13 teams listed on its website for the NNL division.

Thatís also how I see it.
The North East Combination League Secretary, thankfully, seems to have lots of drive and energy with some innovative ideas on how to keep football alive and kicking.
The NECL has built its numbers up to over 36 teams in the last couple of years - itís also running a Sunday league too.
Despite the facts that the Tyneside Amateur League has been absorbed by the Northern Football Alliance and the NNL is now a kind of parallel division within the NECL, for the second season running the Tyneside/Northumberland area has bucked the national trend and had an increase in the number of clubs/teams playing Saturday afternoon 11aside football.
Hopefully he can keep up the enthusiasm because heís making a really positive contribution to our local grass roots football.

footylover
Junior Team Sub

Sep 3, 2019, 2:55 PM

Team(s):

Post #32 of 33 (658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Northumbrian] Leagues yet to declare 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Thatís also how I see it.
The North East Combination League Secretary, thankfully, seems to have lots of drive and energy with some innovative ideas on how to keep football alive and kicking.
The NECL has built its numbers up to over 36 teams in the last couple of years - itís also running a Sunday league too.
Despite the facts that the Tyneside Amateur League has been absorbed by the Northern Football Alliance and the NNL is now a kind of parallel division within the NECL, for the second season running the Tyneside/Northumberland area has bucked the national trend and had an increase in the number of clubs/teams playing Saturday afternoon 11aside football.
Hopefully he can keep up the enthusiasm because heís making a really positive contribution to our local grass roots football.

This new combination league committee has to surely be applauded for keeping all these clubs playing. Also the Northern Alliance is absorbing clus whos leagues have struggled to keep going. Well done to both leagues i say. The Wearside league looks to be the next one heading into trouble. 16 teams in the 1st division with the second division having only a hand full. I wonder if the closed shop attitude of this league has finally caught up with it. Could be more than 1 promoted to step 6. That will leave only the second division to promote the shortfall. not many teams in the 2nd that i can see could make that jump

Grass Roots football is the only football worth watching

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Sep 7, 2019, 1:07 PM

Post #33 of 33 (450 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Leagues yet to declare 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Re the North Northumberland League

Yes I now see a new NNL division below the three NECL divisions on their website

BUT....with the exception of newbies Alnmouth Arygle, all the other teams listed in that division are ALSO listed as being members of the NECL divisions 'above'.

I can't imagine they are playing in two divisons - so its still really not making a whole lot of sense.

Iíve got three divisions of the Bromley & South London League (just waiting for the Premier Division), Iíve made a list of all the teams that are in both centenary cups of the Wimbledon & District League. Both leagues start their seasons next week so we should see them soon.

The other leagues Iím missing are:
- Camden Sunday League (I donít know if theyíve merged with the Hackney & Leyton Sunday League)
- Chelmsford & District Churches League
- Chesham Sunday League
- Chessington & District Sunday League (their Mitoo website has a 2019-20 page but not live yet)
- East London Barking & Dagenham Sunday League (their leaguewebsite is getting updated)
- Hackney & Leyton Sunday League
- Hertfordshire & Borders Churches League
- Nottinghamshire Sunday Combination League

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3