East Hull - the madness continues

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 9, 2019, 7:56 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #1 of 15 (7874 views)
Shortcut
East Hull - the madness continues Can't Post or Reply Privately

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/east-hull-fc-jamie-waltham-3185041
How can it end badly?
Violence is bad. But if a Ferriby fan did slap him....

Dazzla84
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 9, 2019, 8:06 PM

Team(s): South Shields and North East football in general

Post #2 of 15 (7861 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] East Hull - the madness continues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/...amie-waltham-3185041

The man has more money than sense, I doubt he can keep that ludicrous offer for too long

CLARET AND BLUE PIXELS: http://claretandbluepixels.wordpress.com

My blog for Talk on Non-League Football, South Shields FC and Video Games, yep a weird combination

Bigaitch
Reserve Team Star

Aug 10, 2019, 9:40 AM

Team(s): Nobody in particular

Post #3 of 15 (7005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] East Hull - the madness continues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is this bloke all there?
He must be totally deranged....certainly delusional.

Wheelbarrow
First Team Star

Aug 10, 2019, 10:01 AM

Post #4 of 15 (6939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bigaitch] East Hull - the madness continues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I wondered about this idea of asking the winner if they "wanted" to donate some their winnings to pay the team - just how much pressure will be put upon them? Will they get their stash of reddies in the dressing room surrounded by the team?! And does he not intend paying the players anything otherwise, even expenses?

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Aug 10, 2019, 10:30 AM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #5 of 15 (6880 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wheelbarrow] East Hull - the madness continues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I wondered about this idea of asking the winner if they "wanted" to donate some their winnings to pay the team - just how much pressure will be put upon them? Will they get their stash of reddies in the dressing room surrounded by the team?! And does he not intend paying the players anything otherwise, even expenses?

My first thoughts exactly, there's already pressure on the winner to "donate" at least some of the money back into the club. I will laugh my head off if they turn round and say "Thanks but I'm keeping the lot to myself", and I hope North Ferriby give East Hull a good tonking today.

saturn
Junior Team Star

Aug 10, 2019, 12:15 PM

Post #6 of 15 (6668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] East Hull - the madness continues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

How are these people allowed to get involved with (and then destroy) football clubs

leohoenig
Administrator

Aug 10, 2019, 12:29 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #7 of 15 (6633 views)
Shortcut
Re: [saturn] East Hull - the madness continues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Its his club and he can destroy it if he wants.

In this case, there are no long standing fans to consider - the club was (AFAIK) made up just to fill the space after the previous club was evicted from the ground

A bit like Liverpool (although I do not think Everton were evicted from Anfield)

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

(This post was edited by leohoenig on Aug 10, 2019, 12:29 PM)

shimtoan
First Team Regular

Aug 10, 2019, 6:43 PM

Team(s): Dunkirk

Post #8 of 15 (6267 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] East Hull - the madness continues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Its his club and he can destroy it if he wants.

In this case, there are no long standing fans to consider - the club was (AFAIK) made up just to fill the space after the previous club was evicted from the ground

A bit like Liverpool (although I do not think Everton were evicted from Anfield)

Everton weren't evicted, but they might as well have been.

John Houlding wanted to take control of Everton, but was blocked from doing so.

He then doubled the rent, and Everton left.

Then he founded Everton Athletic to play at Anfield, who shortly became Liverpool Athletic then Liverpool within months of being founded.

unless stated, all views are my own and are not the views of any other person, club, or organisation

Whiskey Coates
First Team Sub

Aug 10, 2019, 8:24 PM

Team(s): Bridlington Town, Sheffield Wednesday, Scarborough FC.

Post #9 of 15 (6152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [saturn] East Hull - the madness continues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well here's the lucky winner.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/...-hull-fc-fan-3197667

Attendance was 321 according to the NCEL website, slightly less than what Jamie Waltham was hoping for (679 less to be precise).

TroubleAtMill
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 17, 2019, 4:51 PM

Post #10 of 15 (3509 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Whiskey Coates] East Hull - the madness continues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Eat Hull only lost 9-0 to Hall Road Rangers today.

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 17, 2019, 5:21 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #11 of 15 (3498 views)
Shortcut

The problem with the whole thing is that winning 5k when you have to pay a fiver to get a ticket, and you're told there will be a thousand people there, is that it isn't that big of a deal. You still have to want to spend an afternoon watching step 6 football, and putting a winning team on the pitch might be a better way to achieve that.

Reborn Yellow
Youth Team Regular

Aug 17, 2019, 8:54 PM

Team(s): Hucknall Town, Nottingham Forest

Post #12 of 15 (3309 views)
Shortcut

North Ferriby and Hall Road. The NCEL fixture secretary seems to have a sense of humour.

TroubleAtMill
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 20, 2019, 10:14 PM

Post #13 of 15 (2298 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reborn Yellow] East Hull - the madness continues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Only lost 6-0 tonight at home to Nostell Miners Welfare

TrevorT
Youth Team Regular

Aug 21, 2019, 1:18 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 15 (1727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TroubleAtMill] East Hull - the madness continues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Only lost 6-0 tonight at home to Nostell Miners Welfare

And if Mr Waltham's idea of giving one lucky punter 5000 at every home match is still going, you would have had a 1 in 49 chance of winning last night.....if the attendance figure shown on the NCEL website is correct

Magpie
Junior Team Sub

Aug 22, 2019, 8:33 AM

Post #15 of 15 (1164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TrevorT] East Hull - the madness continues [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is there a playing budget at East Hull ?? I reckon this club is only going in one direction and the sooner the owner jumps ship the better. This guy is bad for the game!!

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3