Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Tuesday 6th August 2019

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

KnowYourMarket
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 7, 2019, 10:19 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #26 of 47 (2876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Karen Browne] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Newent Town 1-7 Malvern Town

Hellenic League Division 1 West, admission £5 with free programme, coffee flavoured tea £1.20, chips with a small chunk of raw onion £1.50, att: 139

Fairly straight forward journey down, easy after you get past the West Midlands sprawl. Plenty of parking at the ground. All nice and tidy with a terraced stand on one side which kept off some sporadic showers.

Malvern bossed this game but wasted quite a few chances and looked ripe for the taking at the back if they encounter better sides. Newent tried throughout and the game was played in the right spirit.

Nice to see Tim again and the Shrew and his mate. Rather tedious journey home with oodles of roadworks, M5 closed again between 1 and 2 and having to navigate across Stafford to get home. Back for 1145pm so not too bad.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

pokal02
First Team Star

Aug 7, 2019, 10:51 AM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #27 of 47 (2834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sutton U 1-1 Barnet
Conf Nat
Att 1781 (319 away) Prog £3 Adm £8 (conc)

Another fairly dull encounter with Bees bossing possession 1st half but not creating much until a rash challenge on Tutonda on 38 mins resulting in a pen converted by Akinola.

Bees looked likely to increasr their lead early in the 2nd half with a couple of nice moves resulting in missed chances but Sutton equalised on 57 with their 1st attack of the half with a long ball being headed on to Beautyman who finished expertly from 10 yards.

The next 20 mins was mostly long balls into the visitors box with Sutton winning most of the headers (this isn't the best place to come with only one fit CB, as Bees did) but not finding the target. Last 15 was fairly even again & probably fair result overall.

Tube & train across London for this one - in @ 11:35.

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Aug 7, 2019, 10:54 AM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #28 of 47 (2826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Egham Town 0 Ascot Utd 3 CCL Premier Division
Admission £7
Programme Online only
Attendance 65 hc
Cheeseburger £3 Tea £1
Ascot did a job on Egham winning comfortably ably aided by the not so secret weapon of the Chris Ellis very long throw which produced the first goal as his throw landed on centre half Bouwers head early in the first half. Several more near misses were recorded with post grazing and near own goals due to the general mayhem every time the ball came in the area
A mix up before half time produced the 2nd goal and a 3rd followed in the 2nd half when a bouncing ball bounced higher than the Egham keeper was expecting leaving him stranded at the edge of the area and Lalustani to stroke home his 2nd goal of the night
Ascot looked impressive and are likely to be well up the table if they keep a settled side but Egham were a tad disappointing and look like a mid table side based purely on last nights performance

Tim

Aug 7, 2019, 11:43 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #29 of 47 (2756 views)
Shortcut

Also at:

Newent Town 1 Malvern Town 7 (Hellenic League Division 1 West) Att: 139

For an under strength side, Malvern looked pretty impressive going forward, scoring seven, hitting the woodwork three times and missing many more chances. Slightly dodgy at the back, but they confirmed what I thought pre-season: they should walk this division. Brief appearance from the legendary Milky, for the last 15 minutes. As there is a lot of cannon fodder in this league, Newent should finish safely in lower mid-table. Most enjoyable game, and excellent company too.

The catering has not improved this season, but I was still grateful to KYM for purchasing the cup of hot sugar - interesting, although not quite the cup of tea I asked for - neither was the first attempt, which was probably coffee. However, Wildsmith Meadow is turning into a super little ground, and I think I will return soon. Indeed, this division, with the ex-WMRL newcomers spicing things up, looks to be an interesting prospect this season, and one I hope to follow at first hand.

Hertspireite
Junior Team Star

Aug 7, 2019, 11:59 AM

Team(s): Chesterfield FC

Post #30 of 47 (2732 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Spartan South Midlands Premier
Biggleswade United 0 - 5 Eynesbury Rovers, Second Meadow. HT = 0 - 2
Adm £6/4, Prog online only, Tea £1
Attendance 82

My first visit to Second Meadow, easy to find, basically 2 left turns after Sainsbury's. I may have jovially mentioned my disappointment at the lack of a printed programme to the turnstyle operator. Biggleswade were doing a live stream of the match on YouTube with the camera man positioned on top of a high scaffold above the main stand. A smart and clean clubhouse, despite a lack of a functional lock on the Disabled Toilet door! There is also a small children's playground at the front. There was a good turn out from the Eynesbury supporters as this is one of their nearer away fixtures.

Biggleswade never really shone during this match with a score line of 0-2 at HT, the second half showed even less team cohesion. Towards the end of the second half, United's frustrations began to show as Langlais was disciplined using the Siin Bin, where he appeared to be for 12 minutes. His team mate Caglar was also 'Sin Binned' with approximately 10 mins left of the match. Eynesbury managed to take advantage of playing against 10 men for this time by having more shots on goal, eventually finishing 5 goals up.

An enjoyable evening out, with thankfully no rain.

2018 -19 season. 7 new grounds.
2019 -20 season 16 new grounds.
Newest ground visited The New Eyrie, Bedford Town FC, Southern League Division 1 Central, Level 4

rambler77
First Team Star

Aug 7, 2019, 12:08 PM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #31 of 47 (2705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hertspireite] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

KIRBY MUXLOE 5-0 ROCESTER
(MFL-1)

Adm: Free, but normally £6. The gateman got told by the KM sec to give me my money back.
Prog: £1

With still being off from work, I made the 2.2 mile journey to KM. Despite being very local this was only my 3rd ever visit to the ground.

The ground is a tidy enough affair with three areas of cover. Next summer the ground will be undergoing a lot of work - a new 3G pitch is being installed and the floodlights upgraded.

This wasn't a bad game with the visitors capitulating after the break. At half time it was 0-0 with both sides failing from the spot.

65 ground and mainly 1st half match photos can be viewed online @ https://rambler77.zenfolio.com/p534937894

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Aug 7, 2019, 12:22 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #32 of 47 (2679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pre-season friendly
Trafford 0 Atherton Collieries 2
Admission £5

Still deep in pre-season territory in NPL-land. Wish the real stuff would get here pretty sharpish as it feels like the friendlies have been going on forever. Routine win for Colls with a goal in each half.

Shawe View is always a pleasant place to watch a game with plenty of parking, the ground always being exceptionally tidy, the grass verges providing a good elevated view and a decent tea bar. It also has the dubious honour of (at probably the sixth attempt) of joining the select band of grounds where I don't end up relying on the sat nav, though that should be the case really given I made the journey in 25 minutes door to door even with Trafford Centre evening traffic to contend with.

rabbie 77
Junior Team Sub

Aug 7, 2019, 2:13 PM

Team(s): Kilmarnock, Spartans

Post #33 of 47 (2525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leyther_Matt] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also went to Kelty v Kilmarnock Colts at New Central Park.

Agree that the much more experienced Lowland side dominated the match,, aside from maybe a 10-15 minute period near the start when the Colts competed fairly well, before being outfought and brushed aside.

Smart ground right enough with the recently developed main stand in good shape. Good crowd on what was a horrible night of weather. Popped my head round the door of the Social Club at HT to find the place really busy..quite a few stayed in there for the 2nd half..or indeed is it the 'place to be' in Kelty and in fact most were just in for a pint rather than watching the game anyway?

Will probably return at some point soon, possibly for their match v Spartans at the end of the month.

Highlight of tonight was indeed the free Tunnocks Caramel Wafer, courtesy of the sponsors. Decent programme issued as well.

Agree that Kelty probably have what it takes to overcome Annan..will be ironic if they end up progressing to face Connah's Quay! in later rounds.

(This post was edited by rabbie 77 on Aug 7, 2019, 2:15 PM)

Rebel Yeller
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 7, 2019, 4:34 PM

Team(s): Hopper

Post #34 of 47 (2304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rabbie 77] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hellenic League Cup

Langley 2 Woodley United 4

Programme - no. Entry - £5. Attendance - h/c 40. Weather - dry !st half, torrential rain 2nd half.

Langley share with Holyport at the remotely located Summerleaze Park and this was their first match at Step 6, albeit a cup game.

And they'll now have an idea what is required at this level. WU were just too strong and well organised throughout this match. That Langley scored twice was a testament to their determination.

WU went 1-0 up on 17 through an unfortunate own goal and doubled that lead on 36. Langley clearly had the hairdryer at half time and were much better in the heavy rain. WU scored on 69 and 79, Langley on 74 and 86. An entertaining game. WU looked good, but some iffy defending led to the two Langley goals and only time will tell if they are good enough to mount a promotion challenge.

(This post was edited by Rebel Yeller on Aug 7, 2019, 4:35 PM)

ThommoGFC
Junior Team Sub

Aug 7, 2019, 6:50 PM

Team(s): Gillingham

Post #35 of 47 (2153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rebel Yeller] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

National League:

Woking 0-1 Aldershot Town

Admission: £18

Programme: £3

Attendance: 3,992

Thought £18 was very steep for Step 5 football but wasn't too surprised as it's a local derby. Was my 2nd visit as I felt my blog could have done a bit of updating. The Shots came away with all 3 points with the only goal of the game in the 23rd minute. Despite it being a local derby, I felt it was a very dull game, neither side threatened that much. Glad to have done a re-visit though.

2019-20 Season

Games: 19

New Grounds: 3 (Faversham Town, Salford City, Hungerford Town)

Goals: 67

You can also visit my blog for all grounds I have visited so far at; http://therainhamend.blogspot.co.uk

Callum
Youth Team Sub

Aug 7, 2019, 8:11 PM

Post #36 of 47 (2046 views)
Shortcut
Re: [totallyuntamed] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Barrow 0 Harrogate 3
Att 1602 a very poor 45 away
3 headed goals were enough for a comfortable victory against Barrow, revisit from 2009 , ground has had a lot of work done over the summer by a band of tremendous volunteers , pics can be seen via Barrow Forum, which has certainly tidied up the ground. Always thought Holker OB played next door but it is in fact Furness Rovers although grass hasnt been cut since atleast end of the last season.
Decided to stop for a coffee at Carnforth services on the way home if I hadn’t then I wouldn’t have been held up for 2hrs both of Preston. Home to London by 4.30, I see Harrogate travel Twitter said they got home at 3am!

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 7, 2019, 8:32 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #37 of 47 (2013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Egerton 1 Poynton 4, Cheshire League Premier Division, Att: 50, Admission/Prog: No

A handy new ground more or less on my route home from work, although being a 3G cage, not one that will live long in the memory. It has it's good points, there is a small area of covered terracing (home-made rather than drop in) and from this side, tall trees opposite provide a pleasant outlook. However there is the omnipresent football detritus which comes with cage football which always makes the place look untidy, hinders spectators' views and the pitch itself was one of the poorest I've come across recently, too slick and too much bounce, certainly not a decent replacment for grass.

Despite major changes in seven years since I went, it appears to still be the same location. I saw a game on a grass pitch, with little else around.

Good to see they are in the Vase, as this means they must now be floodlit, despite the area being known as Millionaires' Row.

The grass pitch complete with wooden rail still exists, to the right of the entrance and car park. The 3G is at the rear of the complex, behind the club buildings and changing rooms. There are indeed floodlights, which were used in the second half, despite it being a 6.45 kick off.

Different enclosed pitch within the same complex. Having visited for the grass pitch in 2013 I ticked off the 3G last night. On my blog at https://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.com/...erton-v-poynton.html

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

royals26

Aug 7, 2019, 10:07 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #38 of 47 (1900 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Vanarama National League - South

Town Ground, Bulpit Lane

Adm : £12 prog £2

Att: 467 - plenty of visiting 'Rebels'

Directions/Facilities:

Regular here - M4 jn 14 S on A338 and out the far end of town staying on the A338 - signed off left at a roundabout.

Arrived c. 19:30 torrential downpour so sheltered in the bar; which can be v.expensive for non-members - I hadn't noticed that when they were lower down the leagues.

New seated stand the at far end from the clubhouse.

No Burgers on tonight - normally quite a feature here so not having had time for tea, made do with some hand-made pie & chips - STEP02 pricing well and truly in flow here too though.

Match:
1-0 on 5' local (Malmesbury born) 'journeyman' ex-FL striker James Constable, chased a through ball - Sluff keeper misjudged the bounce completely - leaving JC to tap into an empty net

Visiting 'Rebels' lost three of their back four through injury - brought on ex-Royals & Aldershot lad, Scott Davies just before h/t - following the 2nd serious injury.

Ht

'Crusaders' hung on a bit in the 2nd half but truth be said, Slough were very poor going forward - not using pace of front men such as Harris - who entered the fray at H/T. They played a lot of diagonal long ball out to Amartey on the left. The returning Matt Lench, normally so prolific, was playing quite a withdrawn midfield role?

Can only assume the unfortunate loss of three defenders by H/T meant a re-shuffle that rather restricted their forward options. May carry more of threat when former 'wonderkid' from Windsor, Dan Roberts, has served out his suspension earned from a Red Card in the Hellenic Cup Final at the end of last season. He ought to be available for visit of Weymouth to Arbour Park next Tuesday.

M4 free-flowing and mostly un-coned back as far as jn12 - indoors by about 22:50 - via a late night nip round Morrisons for a few 'essentials'.

The Moose
First Team Star

Aug 7, 2019, 10:25 PM

Team(s):

Post #39 of 47 (1874 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

NATIONAL LGE: YEOVIL TOWN 1 EASTLEIGH 0

TKT: £16 (seat). PROG: £2.50 (48 pages). ATT: 2,813

Saw the last game in the Football Lge & after 16 years of overachieving, normal service has been resumed back in Non-Lge. First home game versus someone new to see at HP, so wasn’t going to miss it. No changes in the ground of course, nor is there likely to be any whilst the boardroom battle continues at Brexit like pace.

Glovers scores early doors after a minute, then didn’t manage to do much more for the rest of the match. Eastleigh however are early contenders for most profligate team of the year award. On another day they should’ve scored a hatful, but managed to squander each & every opportunity that came along during the rest of the evening. How they didn’t score is beyond me, but grateful to see the ‘bigger fish’, back in a ‘smaller pond’, win at home for a change.

Could be another long season mind, with nothing to set the pulses racing on show as yet. Spitfires will pick up wins playing a lot worse methinks.

KRTM :-)

villan
First Team Star

Aug 8, 2019, 12:35 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #40 of 47 (1425 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cheshire league Premier FC St. Helens 3-3 Altrincham res h/c 58 no ADM charge or programme

Basic ground railed on both sides but not behind either goal. No hard standing or cover or floodlights. Comfortable clubhouse but no beer as not used during close season so no one to replenish/order stocks!!! Just tea/coffee on sale

Game was very entertaining as score suggests. Visitors must have wondered how they were 2-0 down at ht. because they had been well in game but could not finish & a bit loose at back. It became 3-0 on 49 & I thought game over. However a penalty on 53 reduced arrears & 2 more on 61 & 68 levelled scores. Either side could have won it in last 20 but it remained at 3-3 & was a fair result in the end. Jack Ryan was impressive for visitors in No10 role.

A good evening was completed with a couple of good gbg pubs in town post match. M6 in better form on return journey getting home in approx. 2hrs30 Inc. 20min stop for coffee/loos at Keele. Outward trvip had been a nightmare 3 hr 20 meaning my midweek trips up m6 will be doubtful in coming weeks.

End 2018-19, Total Grounds 1427

New grounds 2019-20. 16

(This post was edited by villan on Aug 8, 2019, 12:38 PM)

The Wall
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 8, 2019, 6:44 PM

Post #41 of 47 (1231 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Southern Combination Premier
BROADBRIDGE HEATH vs Loxwood
@ The Countryside Stadium
Adm £6 Con £4 Prog £1 Att 330

Anyone having attended the previous Ground, it’s just 50 yards away, enter the Lesure Center from Wickhurst Lane, through Tesco’s Car Park as far as you can go, the actual LC Building to the left, the old to the right, with artificial pitch with nets remaining intact, then behind a fence and Shrubbery out of sight, is the new Ground.

As expected for this level, but being brand new had a good feel, fully enclosed, decent size Main Building with Bar and small kitchen, plus a Berger Van allowed on site. Just one Seating Area with just over a 100 seats opposite the Main.

The Grass Pitch was adequate and can only get better in time, but nevertheless provided a good competitive Game, the Visitors getting the only goal in the first in an equal half. BROADBRIDGE got a deserved equaliser with a firm header inside the six yard box, well taken, just surprised allowed to connect. Loxwood retook the lead Direct from a Free Kick close to the touchline 10 yards inside the half, no completion from attacker or defender the Keeper allowing the ball to drop over his head into the net. An 89th equaliser drew comment from the Visiting bench, BROADBRIDGE were attacking, a blatant professional foul with an off the ball trip on an attacker, the LIno flagging wildly, the Ref signalled play on and seconds later a firm shot into the net to finish at 2-2. Loxwood appeared to be claiming offside, but of course the Lino was not looking as to busy flagging !

Enjoyable night out.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 8, 2019, 8:17 PM

Post #42 of 47 (1163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Wall] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Queen's University 5 Police Service of Northern Ireland 1
Championship
Adm £8

After a slow start the match suddenly perked up and, unusually, all 6 goals were of the highest quality.

Queen's were promoted to Level 2 at the end of last season and it will be interesting so see how good they are at this level - PSNi (who were still Royal Ulster Constabulary last time I saw them) had lost the first game of the season 4-0 so clearly are no world beaters.

If Queen's were to challenge for promotion I assume they would not be able to play at Level 1 in the current non-floodlight ground at Upper Malone where viewing is only possible from one side (although a dozen or so cheapskates watched through the fence from outside). A couple of seasons ago, I had seen them play at Level 3 on the adjacent floodlit Rugby/Gaelic ground but a local hopper on the bus back into town thought football there again was unlikely.

Last time supporters were offered free sandwiches at half time, this year free biscuits and cake were available to go with the free tea/coffee.

Afterwards I had a couple in the ever more touristy Crown .... although again I had some free refreshment as one of the tourists insisted on buying me a pint after presumably being impressed by my tales of visiting during The Troubles Shocked.

bagman
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Aug 8, 2019, 8:18 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #43 of 47 (1162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Wall] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Eastern Counties League Division One North

Haverhill Borough (1) 2 v 1 (0) AFC Sudbury Reserves

Admission £4 , No Programmes , Attendance 60

Game switched to Haverhill Rovers Ground.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Grounds Season 2019/2020 = 4
Last New Ground : Corby Town 31st July 2019

Richard Rundle

Aug 9, 2019, 10:25 AM

Post #44 of 47 (851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bagman] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

South West Peninsula League Division One West

AFC St Austell 6-1 Liskeard Athletic

Admission £6, programme - didn't see any but there must have been one as there were pictures of it on social media, coffee (pretty reasonable) £1

After a slow start, the home team went on to dominate this match in a way few expected. St Austell have lost a few players from recent seasons and aren't in the list of clubs being expected to challenge for the title this season by most commentators, but here they simply had too much skill and desire than their newly promoted rivals.

Poltair hasn't changed in a couple of years, a smart stand of quite old vintage towers over one side, and apart from that it's flat uncovered standing all the way around. Some perimiter fencing was put up to satisfy the ground graders a few years ago and looks quite ugly, but I guess it ticks a box.

Match spent in pleasant company including the league sec. and results officer.

LLD
Reserve Team Star

Aug 10, 2019, 1:16 AM

Team(s): Livingston

Post #45 of 47 (590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Scottish League Challenge Cup Round 1
Kelty Hearts v Kilmarnock Colts, 4-0, H.T. 2-0, Att 509, Admission £7, Programme £2, Catering available
At New Central Park, Kelty

Also at this one and it was good to catch up with prorege and cowdenandy for the first time in a couple of weeks.
The ease of Barry Ferguson's Kelty's victory was a moderate surprise to me, even accounting for their summer extravagance in the transfer market.
It was pleasing to see them rip the Killie 'Colts' asunder as - like most people - I'm not in agreement with their partcipation in this tournament.
I've got no real huge objection to the inclusion of the 'foreign' teams from England, Wales and Ireland, because at least there's the chance of an interesting trip away for the fans of small clubs, but the 'Colts' really do not bring anything to the party.
prorege failed to mention the horrible wet weather conditions that prevailed throughout the game. Happily Kelty's ground improvements have included lots of cover, even if the budget didn't extend to cantilever roofs for the twin sheds opposite the stand.
Paper chasers may be interested to note that Kelty's programme is one of the better ones I've bought this season. I was just pleased that it didn't open out to an A0 sized 'wallchart planner' like half of the Betfred Cup issues I was robbed for.
Also happy to take a free Tunnock's Caramel Wafer given that I wouldn't buy one for ideological reasons.

For all your Scottish football fixture needs: scottishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com

Ipeland
First Team Sub

Aug 13, 2019, 10:07 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #46 of 47 (319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LLD] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Blacon Youth 4-2 Lostock Gralam (1-2 HT) at Cairns Crescent
Cheshire League Premier Division
Admission: Free, Programme: None, Tea: £1, Kit-kat: 60p
Attendance: 83 (h/c)

Trip up to a fairly dodgy part of Chester to watch an opening match of the Cheshire League season, with both sides being promoted to the Premier Division last season. Railed off pitch with brick dugouts, no hard standing, seperate changing room and clubhouse which served hot drinks and crisps/chocolate, don't think there was alcohol available though. Decent enough match, Lostock took the lead early on through a shot which the keeper should've easily saved before Blacon equalised around the 25 minute mark. The visitors regained the lead late on in the half through a header from a corner, which they held onto into the interval. Didn't last long afterwards though as within five minutes of the restart Blacon levelled the scores again, before taking the lead for the first time through a volley from inside the box 10 minutes later. The hosts made it safe with a fourth goal in the 70th minute through a header.

Grounds visited: 297
Last new ground: Mike Riding Ground (Longridge Town)
Next planned fixture: Newcastle U23 v Norwich U23 - PL2D2 - 16/9/19

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Aug 14, 2019, 10:25 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #47 of 47 (219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ipeland] Tuesday 6th August 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bridgwater Town 1 v 1 Cribbs Western League Premier Division Adm £7 Prog £1.50 Tea/Coffee £1 Att 237
A trip down to Bridgwater with Henfield Bee who had missed seeing them when working in the area some years ago.
This season Bridgwater have gone back to doing a printed programme after feedback from supporters though an abridged version appears on line at a later date. The ground has cover behind both goals and seated stands on either side with the dug out side stand being elevated and has generous leg room. Tea bar is behind the near goal and bar and club shop on the near side. Game was like Brentford v Birmingham, Red and White Stripes v Blue and again the home team had a lot of chances in the first half which they failed to take, whilst Cribbs had a few chances but at half time we were goalless. Second half saw Cribbs take the lead on the hour against the run of play, as the game wore on it got a bit fiesty with the referee issuing a few yellow cards for some rather robust tackles and also advising a couple of players to that the 'sin bin' was available if they carried on being vocal. Just as we entered stoppage time the Cribbs keeper made a great save from a near range header to seemingly win the game for his team, but in the last minute a Cibbs player lost the ball deep in the Bridgwater half, the ball was launched forward and fell to a Cribbs defender on the edge of his penalty, instead of knocking it out of play the defender kicked the ball high in the air towards his goal and it dropped underneath the bar to give Bridgwater a deserved but unexpected equaliser. A nice evening out and the locals were friendly.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3