'Completing' a League

Hertspireite
Junior Team Star

Aug 2, 2019, 5:41 PM

Team(s): Chesterfield FC

Post #1 of 5 (1221 views)
Shortcut
'Completing' a League Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is it possible to complete a league of 20/21 teams within a season? Or is it reasonably possible to aim to complete 2 local leagues (Premier and Div 1) as there will be Tuesday night football too?

2018 -19 season. 7 new grounds.
2019 -20 season 17 new grounds.
Newest ground visited Sharpenhoe Road, Barton Rovers, Southern League Division 1 Central, Level 4

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 2, 2019, 6:06 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 5 (1206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hertspireite] 'Completing' a League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes.
Yes with luck.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

hemelhopper
First Team Star

Aug 2, 2019, 10:37 PM

Team(s): Hemel Hempstead Town FC, Trust Portsmouth FC and The Reds of Cincinnati

Post #3 of 5 (1081 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] 'Completing' a League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'd answer yes to both .. I've generally aimed for a minimum quantity of "a couple of League's a season" .. which becomes doable when you consider that there are usually 40 Saturday's throughout a season, plus Pre-Season .. however when you begin adding in the 40 Tuesday's as well .. (even with having to balance work .. Mrs hh at Fratton Park .. the Tudors up at Vauxhall Road .. and focussing on Step 6 games and above .. as they have lights) .. it's more a case of "the world is your oyster" .. how far you are able to travel (and by what means) .. how many games you want to see .. and can you afford it all, whilst being frazzled, the more games you do see each week .. but don't let that put you off .. just have fun enjoying your journey .. Wink

Grounds = 621, Leagues done = 15 (37 to go); Games (19/20) = 79; New Grounds (19/20) = 65; Goals (19/20) = 351; Ave goals/game = 4.44; Last new ground = Barton Rovers; Next = Tues 22nd Oct 2019

Senior82
Junior Team Regular

Aug 6, 2019, 1:28 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday, Stocksbridge Park Steels & Sheffield Eagles RLFC

Post #4 of 5 (706 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hertspireite] 'Completing' a League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Suppose it depends how often you can get to games. The majority of my hopping is one game a week in midweek, and in just over a year, i've ticked off 26/40 of the Northern Counties Prem/Div 1.

If you were to narrow it down to a specific division then it's definitely achievable IMO.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 6, 2019, 3:01 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #5 of 5 (657 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Senior82] 'Completing' a League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I reckon the biggest influence on any individual person’s scope for ground-hopping is whether or not they have Saturdays free.

If you’re committed to work or family duties at the weekend, it’s going to eat into the serious opportunities that you have for ticking grounds. I went twenty years (1995 to 2015) working almost all of my Saturdays - in the space of five-an-a-half years between 2009 and 2015, I had just five Saturday’s off work. I could often scrape a couple of hours off to watch Oxford City or Kidlington or something else local, but new ticks were crammed into midweek evenings, Bank Holiday doubles (the glory days of 11am ko’s in the Combined Counties!) and the occasional Sunday match of a ground-sharer. Since changing jobs and now getting maybe two-thirds of my Saturdays off, it has opened my world to the delights of Workington, Gornall Athletic, Halesowen, Macclesfield, Stourbridge, Grimsby Town, Marine and many other cracking football grounds (and pubs) that I’d have otherwise never have reached. Despite the grumbling in some quarters about football moving away from its traditional Saturday 3pm kick-off time, by far the majority of matches still take place at this time.

There are other things that can get in the way of a healthy groundhopper’s lifestyle. If you live in Warwickshire or Nottinghamshire then you’ve a hell of a lot more options than if you live in Cornwall or Shetland or Guernsey. And it ain’t a cheap hobby by any means, though how much you spend is up to the individual.

Rule one: get Saturdays off.

Rule two: there are no other rules.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3