Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: General:
AFC Stoneham

groundsman
Youth Team Sub

Jul 21, 2019, 4:50 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1319 views)
Shortcut
AFC Stoneham Can't Post or Reply Privately

I see that AFC Stoneham hope to move into their new facility in September.
What's not such good news is the fact that you must register before visiting - irrespective of whether you are a manager, coach, player etc!
Following taken from the Wessex league website:

In order to enter the facility, ALL users will need to register beforehand.

By 'ALL users' they mean anyone who wishes to enter the ground, manager, coach, players, parent, spectator. Everyone who attends your away game at the facility will have to register first. The page is here and there is a link on the page to register.

(This post was edited by groundsman on Jul 21, 2019, 4:51 PM)

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 23, 2019, 8:27 AM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #2 of 9 (984 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groundsman] AFC Stoneham [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Following the link through to the Hampshire FA website gives a fuller "justification".

"Why do we need to register?
The FA and Sport England require the data generated from registrations and the reception turnstiles to analyse trends and participation. Furthermore registration is compulsory to meet our safeguarding requirements, we need to know you have consent and or are fit and well to participate in activities within the club. Each registration will be sent a unique QR code that will give them access via the turnstile.

http://www.hampshirefa.com/news/2019/jun/18/register-to-use-stoneham-lane-football-complex

Now as a part time Luddite on these things..... a "QR code"?? I'm sorry but that is total nonsense. Why does a spectator need to be assessed as "fit and well" to attend? What a crackpot box-ticking exercise this is.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 23, 2019, 10:32 AM

Post #3 of 9 (914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] AFC Stoneham [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Following the link through to the Hampshire FA website gives a fuller "justification".

"Why do we need to register?
The FA and Sport England require the data generated from registrations and the reception turnstiles to analyse trends and participation. Furthermore registration is compulsory to meet our safeguarding requirements, we need to know you have consent and or are fit and well to participate in activities within the club. Each registration will be sent a unique QR code that will give them access via the turnstile.

http://www.hampshirefa.com/news/2019/jun/18/register-to-use-stoneham-lane-football-complex

Now as a part time Luddite on these things..... a "QR code"?? I'm sorry but that is total nonsense. Why does a spectator need to be assessed as "fit and well" to attend? What a crackpot box-ticking exercise this is.

A QR Code is that black and white dots box (similar I suppose to bar codes) that you now occasionally see on tickets to get into large stadiums. If you don't have a smart phone you'll need to print off the QR Code sent to you and that will work when put against the out perimeter entrance.

To be fair - the ground is not owned by Stoneham and it is not their decision to implement.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

penny banner
Youth Team Sub

Jul 23, 2019, 10:33 AM

Post #4 of 9 (914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Andy D] AFC Stoneham [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm with you on this one, how does issuing you with a QR code make you fit and well to enter the ground.

SuperKev!
First Team Star

Jul 23, 2019, 1:04 PM

Post #5 of 9 (841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [penny banner] AFC Stoneham [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm with you on this one, how does issuing you with a QR code make you fit and well to enter the ground.

It doesn’t. But if you then prove to not be a fit and well person once inside, they know who you are and eject you and stop you entering again (and possibly every other ground in the country if the authorities try to pursue a Football Banning Order).

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 23, 2019, 1:13 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #6 of 9 (834 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SuperKev!] AFC Stoneham [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

But if you then prove to not be a fit and well person once inside, they know who you are and eject you and stop you entering again (and possibly every other ground in the country if the authorities try to pursue a Football Banning Order).

I sincerely hope this isn't the actual rationale behind this ludicrous idea. Totally disproportionate to any possible need.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jul 23, 2019, 2:05 PM)

Rebel Yeller
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 23, 2019, 2:21 PM

Team(s): Hopper

Post #7 of 9 (786 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] AFC Stoneham [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Last season the new Middlesex FA facility at Rectory Park Northolt introduced an identical arrangement. I went there to see Middlesex League side Lampton Park. I'd duly registered and received my QR code, but when I turned up the lad on the turnstile just waved me through into the ground.

Anecdotal evidence on Twitter has suggested that Rectory Park has given up on this potty idea. Totally unworkable of course...if 50 irate football fans wanting to get into a match look threatening to the person on the turnstile they'll just let them in. And if no one is on the entrance...over the turnstile we go.

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 23, 2019, 3:00 PM

Post #8 of 9 (750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rebel Yeller] AFC Stoneham [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Sheffield they claimed the same registration 'requirements' were in place at the various St George's Parks. I attended a High Green Villa game in the County Senior League at Thorncliffe a couple of months ago and, along with all other spectators, was waved through.

I have serious doubts whether a "safeguarding requirement" for people to register because "we need to know you have consent and or are fit and well to participate in activities within the club" coulld legally be extended to spectators who are not actually participatinng. Talking to someone working with children in a sporting environment, it seems "consent" could relate to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which is needed before taking such a job ....... which is rather different to someone wanting to watch adults play football.

Can anyone with more knowledge regarding safeguarding and/ot Data Protection point to any relevant paragraphs in legislation ?

penny banner
Youth Team Sub

Jul 23, 2019, 4:30 PM

Post #9 of 9 (689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mick] AFC Stoneham [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just had a look at the on line form needing to be filled in and it beggars belief. A raft of personal questions and the inclusion of a self photograph (I have absolutely no idea how to downloaded a photograph onto a computer). Wouldn't know what answer to give to the question 'what is your interest in the club?' Somehow I don't think they'd accept 'groundhopper' as a suitable reply. It's inconceivable to me that in a visiting team of 20 or so players and officials they are all individually going to fill this in. What happens when the oppositions star striker is refused admittance? However a child killer would have no problem gaining entry if he filled in the form.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3