Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Middlesex County Football League 2019/20

BDA_85
First Team Star

Jul 14, 2019, 9:33 PM

Post #1 of 16 (3141 views)
Shortcut
Middlesex County Football League 2019/20 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Constitution now on league football mitoo website.

Premier Division (17 teams)

Brentham
C.B. Hounslow United Reserves
Clapton Community
Cricklewood Wanderers
Hillingdon
Hilltop
Indian Gymkhana Club
Kensington Dragons
Lampton Park
Larkspur Rovers
London Samurai
NW London
PFC Victoria London
Pitshanger Dynamo
Sporting Hackney
Stonewall
Yeading Town

Division One (Central and East) (11 teams)

AFC Haringey
AVA
Camden & Islington
Eastfield
FC Roast
FC Soma
FC Star London
Jolof Sports Club
London City
Priory Park Rangers
The Wilberforce Wanderers

Division One (West) (12 teams)

AFC Hanwell & Hayes
Ealing Town
FC Deportivo Galicia Reserves
FC Shebu Allstars
Hampton Town
Hereford Palace
Kodak (Harrow)
London Rangers
Newmont
Pitshanger Dynamo Reserves
South Kilburn
The Curve

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 14, 2019, 10:36 PM

Post #2 of 16 (3055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BDA_85] Middlesex County Football League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

To complete the picture

Division Two
Bessingby Park Rangers
Brentham Reserves
C.B. Hounslow United 3rds
Global Diplomats
Harrow Bhoys
Heston Bombers
Hillingdon Abbots
LPOSSA
Ruislip Town
Speedy United
Springfield
Sudbury Court

Combination
Centenary Park
Hillingdon Abbots Reserves
Ickenham
Kensington Dragons Reserves
Kodak (Harrow) Reserves
LNER
London Titans
Ruislip
Stonewall Reserves
West SL Benfica
Wiseman West FC

Jeff Nardin Division
Adamant FC
AFC Hanworth
AFC Heathrow
Hayes & Hillingdon
Hillingdon Reserves
Indian Gymkhana Club Reserves
Kinja
London Elite
Old Hat
Valhalla Sports & Social

Sarumio

Jul 15, 2019, 10:03 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #3 of 16 (2835 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Middlesex County Football League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I really don’t get the Middlesex County League’s approach to bunging random new clubs into their sister Division Ones, whilst seemingly ignoring the clubs in the lower divisions. The constitution of the divisions this summer seems even more crazy than usual. In most leagues, you have to work your way through the divisions. Where have Shebu Allstars, Camden & Islington, FC Soma, Priory Park Rangers, Jolof Sports, AVA, AFC Haringey, London City, Newmont and Hampton Town all sprung from. The divisions bare absolutely no resemblance to what they were just last season as result.

There are some crazy people in charge of this league that’s for sure.

Richard Rundle

Jul 15, 2019, 10:44 AM

Post #4 of 16 (2799 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Middlesex County Football League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I agree. It's one of the reasons why this will probably be the last of the Step 7 leagues I cover in the FCHD.

Rebel Yeller
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 15, 2019, 10:50 AM

Team(s): Hopper

Post #5 of 16 (2797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Middlesex County Football League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

So as far as the Premier Division goes, it has increased from 16 to17. South Kilburn have been relegated.

The champions and runners up from both last seasons Division 1's have been promoted. Clapton Community are well known. So are Stonewall, who play in Barnes. Hilltop are a Somali based side who last season played at the Gibbons Recreation Ground in Neasden, whilst Yeading Town played at Cranford near to Heathrow. Also up are London Samurai, who are to share at Northwood.

Last season the Middlesex League Premier started with only 15 and then lost both FC Assyria and Tottenham Hale Rangers mid season so finished with just 13 sides. Maybe they've gone to 17, presumably with FA permission, in anticipation of some more losses.

Rebel Yeller
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 15, 2019, 11:09 AM

Team(s): Hopper

Post #6 of 16 (2779 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rebel Yeller] Middlesex County Football League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

...and, oops, also NW London have come up. They are sharing at Hadley this season, who of course have gone to the Essex Senior!

St. Panteleimon were promoted as champions to Step 6.

Of this years 17 teams 6 are sharing at grounds with floodlights so could go up. CB Hounslow United Reserves could also go up but would require the parent club to win the CCL for that to happen.

BDA_85
First Team Star

Jul 15, 2019, 11:40 AM

Post #7 of 16 (2756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rebel Yeller] Middlesex County Football League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When I saw the constitutions I thought there may have been some renaming as this years list has changed considerably compared to last season so I emailed the league secretary. He has just confirmed that no teams have been renamed.

London Harrier
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 15, 2019, 12:48 PM

Post #8 of 16 (2706 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I really don’t get the Middlesex County League’s approach to bunging random new clubs into their sister Division Ones, whilst seemingly ignoring the clubs in the lower divisions. The constitution of the divisions this summer seems even more crazy than usual. In most leagues, you have to work your way through the divisions. Where have Shebu Allstars, Camden & Islington, FC Soma, Priory Park Rangers, Jolof Sports, AVA, AFC Haringey, London City, Newmont and Hampton Town all sprung from. The divisions bare absolutely no resemblance to what they were just last season as result.

I'll be interested to know where Camden & Islington are playing. The only full size pitches I can think of in this area are Market Road and maybe Whittington Park. I hope this isn't another Kentish Town FC situation where the club plays permanently outside of the borough(s).

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 15, 2019, 1:52 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #9 of 16 (2639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [London Harrier] Middlesex County Football League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'll be interested to know where Camden & Islington are playing. The only full size pitches I can think of in this area are Market Road and maybe Whittington Park. I hope this isn't another Kentish Town FC situation where the club plays permanently outside of the borough(s).

According to the club's Mitoo details for this season,

Normal Venue: Market Road Pitches (3G), Market Road Pitches, Islington, London N, Islington, London N7 9P

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

ladderman

Jul 15, 2019, 5:38 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #10 of 16 (2500 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Don't forget that London City will gone within two years as they move towards their inevitable place in the Football League.

Fanatic
First Team Star

Jul 15, 2019, 9:42 PM

Team(s):

Post #11 of 16 (2319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Middlesex County Football League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Normal Venue: Market Road Pitches (3G), Market Road Pitches, Islington, London N, Islington, London N7 9P

I hope the pitches hold up. I played there a couple of weeks ago and parts of the surface were coming out. There was tonnes of patching, and when I spoke to one of the guys running the site, he said the installers had had to be called back several times to sort things out.

Also, it's the only 3G surface I've ever played on that isn't flat - there's a noticeable camber down from the centre of the pitch to either touchline.

Les
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 15, 2019, 10:19 PM

Team(s): Arsenal, Brentford, Celtic, Kingstonian

Post #12 of 16 (2281 views)
Shortcut

Hampton Town finished second in the Kingston and District League last season.

Hampton Town FC (Prem. Div.) - Greg Stanworth

e-mail: [email protected]

Ground: Old Field Rd., Priory Rd., Hampton TW12 2PT

Colours: Blue/black stripes

Paul Cockerton
Junior Team Regular

Jul 16, 2019, 8:41 AM

Team(s): Hull City, Clapton

Post #13 of 16 (2104 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fanatic] Middlesex County Football League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I hope the pitches hold up. I played there a couple of weeks ago and parts of the surface were coming out. There was tonnes of patching, and when I spoke to one of the guys running the site, he said the installers had had to be called back several times to sort things out.

Also, it's the only 3G surface I've ever played on that isn't flat - there's a noticeable camber down from the centre of the pitch to either touchline.

FC Roast just completed a season on the Market Road Pitches in the same division and I don't recall any issues.

Except they switched their home game vs Clapton CFC due to lack of space for supporters. (In the end 1266 people went, not bad for Steo 8, and Roast earnt a four-figure sum).

Hull City / Clapton fan.

Paul Cockerton
Junior Team Regular

Jul 16, 2019, 9:08 AM

Team(s): Hull City, Clapton

Post #14 of 16 (2080 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Only know about the new Central and East division clubs, which is gradually becoming more of an East London division;.

I believe the FA want East London teams to join this league, and it's no longer possible to join the Essex Olympian if you're in a London postcode.

Jolof Sports - champions of the Essex Alliance League, and treble winners, so have been promoted one step. Play at Flanders Fields in East Ham.

Priory Park Rangers - champions of the London Premier League for several seasons. First foray into the pyramid. Play at Hackney Marshes.

London City - obviously a new club but have high ambitions of being in the Football League within 10 years. Down as playing at Hackney Marshes.

AVA - well established youth set-up adding a senior team to the mix. Down as playing in Harrow.

Camden & Islington United - another new team, playing at Market Road Pitches, where division rivals FC Roast also play.

Hull City / Clapton fan.

Callum
Youth Team Sub

Jul 16, 2019, 1:23 PM

Post #15 of 16 (1926 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paul Cockerton] Middlesex County Football League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It really is a peculiar league. I watched Hereford Palace v FC Roast last game of the season, some bit of grass on Wormwood Scrubs, laughable really. Why no club uses Westway Stadium is beyond me.

nervous rec
Reserve Team Regular

Sep 12, 2019, 11:58 AM

Team(s): Aldershot Town

Post #16 of 16 (1008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Middlesex County Football League 2019/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
To complete the picture

Division Two
Bessingby Park Rangers
Brentham Reserves
C.B. Hounslow United 3rds
Global Diplomats
Harrow Bhoys
Heston Bombers
Hillingdon Abbots
LPOSSA
Ruislip Town
Speedy United
Springfield
Sudbury Court

——————————————————————————————

On the Middlesex County League Mittoo site, Harrow Bhoys are showing in Division 1 West, and LPOSSA in the Jeff
Nardin Division

Divisions completed: SW Peninsula League Premier Division West, Welsh Premier League, JD Cymru South Division, JD Cyrmu North, Airtricity Irish Premier, Gibraltar Divisions 1 & 2

(This post was edited by nervous rec on Sep 12, 2019, 12:00 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3