Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Premier League & Football League:
Leicester City

First page Previous page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 Next page Last page  View All

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 26, 2019, 4:31 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #1226 of 1237 (1351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The speed of which this is happening anyone would think there had been an approach long before Puel was sacked.Sly

noprogs
First Team Star

Feb 26, 2019, 6:18 PM

Team(s):

Post #1227 of 1237 (1313 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The speed of which this is happening anyone would think there had been an approach long before Puel was sacked.Sly

Pretty similar then to when Rodgers was sacked at Liverpool and quickly replaced by Klopp.

kirby knitters

Feb 27, 2019, 7:39 AM

Post #1228 of 1237 (1184 views)
Shortcut

Work on a new 100m training ground complex has just begun and stadium extension on the east stand which will take capacity to 40k (plans have gone in) and money in the bank. One has to wonder why it took two days for him to move back south!

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 27, 2019, 8:40 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #1229 of 1237 (1166 views)
Shortcut

Nice long contract too, so plenty to come as compensation when the inevitable happens

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

jon b
First Team Star

Feb 28, 2019, 7:27 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #1230 of 1237 (964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It looks like Brendan Rodgers will be joining Leicester. Having read a BBC article about Rodgers switch it seems things for him at Celtic weren't going too well and he would have walk sooner rather than later. Rodgers wanted more money to strengthen his squad to be able to compete in Europe but the Celtic board had were keeping the cheque book closed.

I don't blame them. They're all too well aware what happened to the other lot across the city. Shocked

jon b
First Team Star

Feb 28, 2019, 7:40 PM

Post #1231 of 1237 (958 views)
Shortcut

Leicester have come a long way in a short time, but the distance they still have to travel might have been indicated this afternoon by the response to a question put to a 100 people polled for TV's "Pointless" programme.

Despite winning the Premier League in very recent memory, when a question on the programme asked contestants to name football clubs that were in or had been in the Premier League, it turned out only 13 people out of the 100 had named Leicester City as one of them.

(the results were also also depressing for my home city, both Wednesday and United were only recognised by 3 pollsters as ever having been in the Premier League Unsure)

kirby knitters

Mar 3, 2019, 7:04 PM

Post #1232 of 1237 (828 views)
Shortcut

So a former Hinckley United player bags the winner against Leicester! There are times that I wished I kept records so could check if Gray and Vardy were on opposing sides in 2010 when Knitters played Halifax in the Conference North.

Ropemaker
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 3, 2019, 11:14 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #1233 of 1237 (770 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
So a former Hinckley United player bags the winner against Leicester! There are times that I wished I kept records so could check if Gray and Vardy were on opposing sides in 2010 when Knitters played Halifax in the Conference North.

Do you mean 2011/12 season when Halifax first played in Conference North?

Vardy joined Fleetwood in August 2011 so didn't play in either Hinckley v Halifax game but according to the NLD, Gray played in both games

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

kirby knitters

Mar 4, 2019, 8:12 AM

Post #1234 of 1237 (729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Vardy joined Fleetwood in August 2011 so didn't play in either Hinckley v Halifax game but according to the NLD, Gray played in both games

------

------

Question answered then. United and Halifax were together in the BSN tor 2 years. I'm pretty sure Vardy faced Hinckley but it must have been in his Fleetwood days who also spent 2 years in the league with Hinckley.

northstandexile
First Team Regular

Mar 5, 2019, 9:14 PM

Team(s): Mansfield Town

Post #1235 of 1237 (638 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

------

------

Question answered then. United and Halifax were together in the BSN tor 2 years. I'm pretty sure Vardy faced Hinckley but it must have been in his Fleetwood days who also spent 2 years in the league with Hinckley.

Fleetwood were in Conference National from Aug 2010.

jon b
First Team Star

Jul 11, 2019, 10:46 PM

Post #1236 of 1237 (214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Meanwhile George Hirst, 19 year old Sheffield Wednesday youth team star striker and subject of an approx 2 Million bid from Leicester last August looks to be joining OH Leuven.

No doubt it's purely coincidental that they are a club also owned by the King Power International Group. It appears Wednesday are likely under FIFA/UEFA rules to receive around 159K compensation for their investment in his development. A move to another English club would most probably have involved a substantially higher compensation figure being set by a tribunal.

I suppose Hirst, an England Under20s international and son of Owls star and England international David Hirst, could be setting his sights on a career in the Belgian second tier.

Or maybe in the not too distant future we'll find he's no longer an Owl but a Fox.

And so it came to pass.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/...eicester-city-423669

kirby knitters

Jul 12, 2019, 9:58 AM

Post #1237 of 1237 (158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And will probably play for OHL against Leicester U23s a week next Tuesday. He could however be playing against them though.Sly

First page Previous page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3