TROWBRIDGE & DISTRICT LGE 19/20

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 2, 2019, 8:29 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 19 (3036 views)
Shortcut
TROWBRIDGE & DISTRICT LGE 19/20 Can't Post or Reply Privately

A direct feeder into the Wiltshire County Lge, the T&D appears to have lost two but gained four new clubs;

Gone - Trowbridge Wanderers, Zeals

Div 2 in - Barford Hornets, Dilton Marsh Wanderers, KEW PR, Staverton Utd

Dilton MW appear to be a brand new team from a small town twixt Trow & Warm. The other three I can’t find any twitter feeds from, so no idea on their origins.

Staverton is a ‘district’, now nearly gobbled up by the edge of Trow. Barford seems to be a village 5 miles west of Sarum, but where or what exactly is KEW PR, I can only assume has been founded by a Hoops fan. TBC precisely where they will play.

KRTM :-)

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 2, 2019, 11:09 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #2 of 19 (2919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] TROWBRIDGE & DISTRICT LGE 19/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Staverton are playing at Holt (who are playing at Westbury United).

Zeals have moved to Yeovil & District League Division 2.

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 3, 2019, 12:19 AM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 19 (2885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] TROWBRIDGE & DISTRICT LGE 19/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Top knowledge as always ‘Sir Tim!’

Driven through Staverton many times & hadn’t noticed a footy field of any description. If they’re playing at Holt, & Holt at Meadow Lane, Westbury Dev must be continuing their sojourn at Bratten.

Makes some sense for Zeals to head south to Yeo & Dist, as they’re not far from Sparkford along the A303. I see Spencers have renamed themselves to reflect the village they play in, I.e. Seend. As for KEW, I’d always thought t’wuz a pleasant garden area in West London!

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 3, 2019, 10:11 AM

Team(s): Huddersfield Town, Gibraltar

Post #4 of 19 (2730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] TROWBRIDGE & DISTRICT LGE 19/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I see Spencers have renamed themselves to reflect the village they play in, I.e. Seend.

Did this happen during last season? When I was completing my 2018-19 directory the other week I couldn’t find Spencers on the club list in the league, and only managed to find them when I clicked on Seend United.

http://www.englishfootballdatabase.weebly.com

Tim

Jul 3, 2019, 10:27 AM

Post #5 of 19 (2716 views)
Shortcut

Barford Hornets are at present a Sunday team playing at Castle Meadow in Wilton, formerly home to Sarum Youth. I am therefore excused, having visited in the recent past. I am sure The Moose will have been too....

Edit: the fact that they have not gone to the Salisbury League does ring alarm bells....

(This post was edited by Tim on Jul 3, 2019, 10:28 AM)

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Jul 3, 2019, 10:59 AM

Team(s): Huddersfield Town, Gibraltar

Post #6 of 19 (2679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] TROWBRIDGE & DISTRICT LGE 19/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Barford Hornets are at present a Sunday team playing at Castle Meadow in Wilton, formerly home to Sarum Youth. I am therefore excused, having visited in the recent past. I am sure The Moose will have been too....

Edit: the fact that they have not gone to the Salisbury League does ring alarm bells....

The Salisbury & District League we’re going to merge with the Andover & District League but then the Andover & District League folded and remaining teams joined the Hampshire Premier League Division One.

I think the Saturday section of the Salisbury & District League have folded, there’s no news of it on their Facebook page, just news of their Sunday section.

http://www.englishfootballdatabase.weebly.com

Sarumio

Jul 3, 2019, 11:33 AM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #7 of 19 (2656 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

It does ring slight alarm bells. The Salisbury & District League’s only saviour this summer could be the demise of its near neighbour the Andover & District League.

The two leagues had proposed a fully-integrated merger (as opposed to their half assed attempt last season) due to their dwindling numbers and horrendous loss of clubs over recent years. The Andover clubs voted against it though and the merger fell through and the Andover League has been laid to rest, resulting in Kingsclere and Broughton seeking last minute refuge in the Hampshire Premier League. Which means CK Andover and Tidworth Town’s futures seem less clear, but if Tidworth do continue they could easily join the Salisbury league.

The Salisbury League ended with just 5 teams and realistically with nowhere else for them to go other than the Andover League (now folded) or the Trowbridge league (constitution announced and they aren’t in it)….unless they have ALL folded, you’d have to assume the historic Salisbury & District League will limp on for another year!

DT Snapper
Ballboy/girl

Jul 3, 2019, 4:17 PM

Post #8 of 19 (2556 views)
Shortcut

Zeals joined the Yeovil & District League when they first formed but after a couple of years most new players were coming more from the Trowbridge/Westbury direction so to help with travelling they switched to the Trowbridge league.

(This post was edited by DT Snapper on Jul 3, 2019, 4:18 PM)

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 4, 2019, 11:25 AM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 19 (2367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [FCUtdWill] TROWBRIDGE & DISTRICT LGE 19/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Seend were indeed known as Spencers when I saw them at home on Jan 5th last season. Typical well to do quaint Wiltshire village near the canal, albeit no real furniture around the pitch. I believe they’ve simply changed the name close season & all previous matches played under the Spencers moniker, are now showing as Seend results.

As for Barford, as per Tim I have indeed been there for a Sarum Youth game not long ago. Another pretty little set up with the river flowing by behind the ground in Wilton. Never say never though, having recently done AFC Blandford as a top up in Darzet where I’d previously seen Stourpaine.

The one remaining mystery re T&D for next season, is the KEW PR team. All attempts so far to research them lead me to a team in West Londinium, which evidently can’t be right. The plot thickens!

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Jul 4, 2019, 11:56 AM

Team(s): Malvern Town F,C,

Post #10 of 19 (2337 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The one remaining mystery re T&D for next season, is the KEW PR team. All attempts so far to research them lead me to a team in West Londinium, which evidently can’t be right. The plot thickens!

Maybe summat to do with 'Kew Eectrical Distributors Ltd., Trowbridge'? A branch of Brighton-based company, predominantly operating in Southern England. They fairly recently purchased seven Wilts. branches from Rexel. Might be sponsorship name of team, with Kew trying for 'cheap publicity'?

Professional cretin.

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 4, 2019, 12:15 PM

Team(s):

Post #11 of 19 (2319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] TROWBRIDGE & DISTRICT LGE 19/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Putting 2 & 2 together to make 5, the Kew electrical guess may have some substance? As Trowbridge Wanderers have disappeared from the T&D, it leaves the ground at Lambrok Road without a tenant. Step forward said electrical company to play at the same ground, while replacing TWFC in the league. Stranger things happen at sea but as Fox Molder used to say, ‘the truth is out there!’

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 4, 2019, 4:04 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #12 of 19 (2225 views)
Shortcut

According to the last e-mail I saw, Stanger Things happens on Netflix.
Meanwhile Fox Molder? A cross between the X-Files investigator and the Oxford Ring Road's favourite son?

Be afraid, be very afraid

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Tim

Jul 11, 2019, 9:47 PM

Post #13 of 19 (1963 views)
Shortcut

Hot news from the league handbook:

Staverton are now playing at: Queen Elizabeth Jubilee Sports Field, Westinghouse Way, Melksham, SN12 6TL (looks pretty horrible)

Kew PR will be playing at: The John Of Gaunt School, Wingfield Road, Trowbridge, BA14 9EH (3G here as well as grass)

Three Daggers have moved to: Leighton Sports Centre, Wellhead Lane, Westbury, BA13 3PT

No home yet for Greyhound.

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 11, 2019, 10:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 19 (1928 views)
Shortcut

Gratsee for the update Tim!

Seems Trow Wands ground further along Wingfield Road maybe empty for next season then, unless Greyhound come back to TrowVegas! They moved out of JO’G school to go to Poulton Rec in BOA last year to save on rent. Obviously can’t come ‘home’ though if KEW PR are going to use the school pitch.

May not be too thrilling, but at least Staverton will be playing at a ground in Melksham I’ve not done. Happy to see Leighton centre in Westbury in use again, as I missed it when their Dev team were there. Three Daggers leaving the soulless Stanley Park then & will be their third home ground in three years, having also played at West Lavington previously.

The bad news for anyone interested in the new fangled Hellenic Div Two West, is AFC Chip’num & Swindon Robins won’t be playing anywhere of interest. Chippenhams effective development side, will be moving into Stanley Park now Football ID have packed up. The newly formed Robins will be yet another side to give Beversbrook complex in Calne a go, till they realise there’s no fan base!

The Moose
First Team Star

Jul 11, 2019, 11:14 PM

Team(s):

Post #15 of 19 (1918 views)
Shortcut

Just route mapped the post code for Staverton at QEJ ground in Melksham. So much for thinking it was new, as seems tiz a posh update on the Bowerhill sports facility as was. I saw Trowbridge Ressies play there, & I seem to recall Melksham A played there before the new MTFC ground was built. Hey ho, one less to concern myself with perhaps!

Digdagdog
First Team Star

Jul 12, 2019, 6:14 AM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #16 of 19 (1863 views)
Shortcut

Yep, Moose, QEJ is known as Bowerhill Pavilion in these parts...regular Sunday venue...3 pitches (so three ticks for those that bother with these things - not me!) and a nice view of the rear of several large warehouses.

It's a good pitch at Leighton, rarely waterlogged and flat

2018-19 Games: 166 Goals: 611 GPG: 3.68 New Grounds: 96
2019-20 Games: 63 Goals: 251 GPG: 3.98 New Grounds: 37

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 19, 2019, 12:52 AM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #17 of 19 (1462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] TROWBRIDGE & DISTRICT LGE 19/20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

It does ring slight alarm bells. The Salisbury & District League’s only saviour this summer could be the demise of its near neighbour the Andover & District League.

The two leagues had proposed a fully-integrated merger (as opposed to their half assed attempt last season) due to their dwindling numbers and horrendous loss of clubs over recent years. The Andover clubs voted against it though and the merger fell through and the Andover League has been laid to rest, resulting in Kingsclere and Broughton seeking last minute refuge in the Hampshire Premier League. Which means CK Andover and Tidworth Town’s futures seem less clear, but if Tidworth do continue they could easily join the Salisbury league.

The Salisbury League ended with just 5 teams and realistically with nowhere else for them to go other than the Andover League (now folded) or the Trowbridge league (constitution announced and they aren’t in it)….unless they have ALL folded, you’d have to assume the historic Salisbury & District League will limp on for another year!

CK Andover and Tidworth Town can now be found in Basingstoke & District League Division 2 for the new season. Just one CK after having both A and B teams in the Andover League last season.

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 6, 2019, 10:49 PM

Post #18 of 19 (937 views)
Shortcut

Division 1
Calne Town Reserves
Devizes Town Reserves
Freshford United
Heytesbury
Hilperton United
Marshfield
Melksham Town A
Semington Magpies
Three Daggers
Warminster Town Reserves
Warminster United

Division 2
Aces
Barford Hornets
Calne Eagles
Dilton Marsh Wanderers
Greyhound
KEW PR
Seend United
Staverton United
The Stiffs
Trowbridge Town Reserves
Westbury United Reserves

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 15, 2019, 10:49 PM

Post #19 of 19 (682 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Barford Hornets Saturday team are playing home matches at Codford Village Hall (former Stockton & Codford ground) according to Fulltime. The Sunday team still at Wilton.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3