Coventry Alliance 2019-20

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 4, 2019, 7:12 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #1 of 9 (2511 views)
Shortcut
Coventry Alliance 2019-20 Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Coventry Alliance appear to be the first league below Step 7 to have announced their new season constitution - on Full Time
http://fulltime-league.thefa.com/...ctedLeague=776003174

Hadn't noticed that Whitnash Town didn't finish the season last time around and had their records expunged. They're set to go again though - but in the bottom division now.

The League is going with 5 divisions with a 12-10-10-12-13 split.

Leamington Hibernian do not appear so would suggest they have escaped relegation from the Midland League Division Three.

Coventrians are listed in the bottom division. They were in the Midland League last season so this is either their reserves or something's gone drastically wrong there.

Coventry Plumbing also appear in Division Two - there was talk of last season's Midland Div Two side decamping to Kenilworth, taking on the name Kenilworth Town and carrying on in the Midland League, so that may have happened, and there may have been a split, forcing the Coventry Plumbing contingent/loyalists to regroup in the Alliance.

The only club I can see missing is Bedworth Rangers, so they may have folded.

New clubs include Harbury, Wallace and Eastern Green Unicorn.

(This post was edited by Sarumio on Jun 4, 2019, 8:23 PM)

Sunny Nunny
Youth Team Star

Jun 4, 2019, 8:11 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Borough

Post #2 of 9 (2444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Coventry Alliance 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There's no automatic relegation from the Midland league .
Coventry Plumbing already had two sides in the Alliance . The div 2 side are the Midland League sides reserves , at least they were last season . Not sure how the move to Kenilworth by the first team has effected things .
I'd assume the Coventrians side is a newly formed reserves for the first team . Many of the local Midland league sides operate sides in the Alliance but don't play under the reserve title .

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 4, 2019, 8:23 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #3 of 9 (2430 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sunny Nunny] Coventry Alliance 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
There's no automatic relegation from the Midland league .
Coventry Plumbing already had two sides in the Alliance . The div 2 side are the Midland League sides reserves , at least they were last season . Not sure how the move to Kenilworth by the first team has effected things .
I'd assume the Coventrians side is a newly formed reserves for the first team . Many of the local Midland league sides operate sides in the Alliance but don't play under the reserve title .

Thanks for the info.

I'm aware there is no automatic relegation from the Midland League but its two lower divisions are full, assuming 16 teams is the limit. It is for Division Two, but not sure about Division Three.

Sutton United have announced they are back in the Midland League next season so there is the possibility of someone being relegated to accommodate their promotion. It appears up in the air as to whether Southam United are going Midland or indeed Hellenic. Although Birmingham Tigers are first in line to be relegated out of the league.

FCUtdWill
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 4, 2019, 8:37 PM

Team(s): Huddersfield Town, Gibraltar

Post #4 of 9 (2390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Coventry Alliance 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The Coventry Alliance appear to be the first league below Step 7 to have announced their new season constitution - on Full Time

The Stroud League was the first on the 23rd May but may change due to Charfield’s promotion to GNSL2, if nothing changes elsewhere in their structure afterwards there’ll be seven divisions of 12 teams in each.

http://www.englishfootballdatabase.weebly.com

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Jun 4, 2019, 8:46 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #5 of 9 (2373 views)
Shortcut

Sutton United have announced they are back in the Midland League next season so there is the possibility of someone being relegated to accommodate their promotion. It appears up in the air as to whether Southam United are going Midland or indeed Hellenic. Although Birmingham Tigers are first in line to be relegated out of the league.

Southam have definitely applied to the Hellenic League and not the MFL, this has come from someone well up in the club.
I doubt any club will be relegated out of the league as there are regularly a couple drop out and I am sure there will be places for several others to come into the league.Cool

Terrierdave
Youth Team Star

Jun 7, 2019, 9:48 AM

Team(s): Nottingham Forest, Bedlington Terriers

Post #6 of 9 (1991 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The Coventry Alliance appear to be the first league below Step 7 to have announced their new season constitution

The League is going with 5 divisions with a 12-10-10-12-13 split.

Genuine question (because I don't have a background on this league) - why are they running with so many divisions of so few clubs?

Is it facilities related and the ability to play that many games?

Sunny Nunny
Youth Team Star

Jun 7, 2019, 7:10 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Borough

Post #7 of 9 (1808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Terrierdave] Coventry Alliance 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Was at a game in this league at the end of the season and overheard a couple of officials from other clubs who were at the game complaining about the amount of free Saturdays they have over the season . Apparently it's difficult to keep the players motivated and interested when they have so many free Saturdays .

Ancient Wolf
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 20, 2019, 1:04 PM

Team(s): Middlesbrough and Norton and Stockton Ancients

Post #8 of 9 (1356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sunny Nunny] Coventry Alliance 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They seem to have solved this problem by starting the league season in September. A pity in some ways as I did enjoy August midweek early evening kick-offs in this league.

totallyuntamed
First Team Star

Oct 2, 2019, 3:13 PM

Team(s): Solihull Moors

Post #9 of 9 (829 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ancient Wolf] Coventry Alliance 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have managed to pick up a copy of the 2019-20 handbook from the chairman. This confirms the constitution as 12/10/10/10/10 which seems to me to be fewer clubs than in previous years. The league last had a Division 5 in 2015-6, Division 6 in 1997-8 and a Division 7 in 1993-4.
If anyone requires information about secretaries please pm me, nothing of a more general nature I shall do my best to answer on here.

"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Milletts".

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3