Thursday 16th May 2019

Dave 56
Reserve Team Star

May 16, 2019, 9:58 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #1 of 5 (1655 views)
Shortcut
Thursday 16th May 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Derby Summer League Cup 1st Round. KO 19:00. (F&N). Crowd 9.

FC Hulland 5 v 2 Legion

Based in the village of Hulland ward, the ground has great views of the surrounding countryside and a grass bank along the near side is an excellent vantage point for watching the game.

Just one point in the league between the sides, in favour of the home team. Hulland scored twice in the first ten minutes and then play became more even with Legion having a couple of chances. The third Hulland goal was scored just before half time.

The second half began with another home goal after 30 seconds and they scored the next as well. The referee adjudged the ball had crossed the line in a goalmouth scramble to allow the visitors to pull one back. They did get another with a few minutes to go but the game was already lost.

simonsm
Youth Team Star

May 17, 2019, 12:17 AM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 5 (1394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Thursday 16th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

East Lancashire League President's Cup Final
Feniscowles & Pleasington 4 Waddington 0

at The Arbories, Padiham FC
KO 7.02pm - Crowd (very rough headcount) 220
£3 entrance, no programme (or teamsheet available that I was aware of)

Didn't go into the clubhouse, but there was definitely beer and related drinks available

This was my 4th visit to Padiham's ground, and the first since my last visit in 2009. The ground is still very similar to how it was then - quite smart, and very sloped - as are many of the grounds in the East Lancs area.

The car park was full before I arrived so I had to park the furthest away from the ground that I remember doing for years.

It is quite near the town centre in quite a pleasant part of the town, it appeared. Lots of fans had turned up supporting the Blackburn-based Feniscowles & Pleasington, and a fair amount from Waddington, which is just north of Clitheroe.

The game started off like it was going to be a goalfest with F&P taking the lead on 2 mins... but then it petered out quite quickly and we didn't see too much goalmouth activity right up to half time.

Second half was similar and it looked like F&P would just hold on for the tight win.

But the game livened up in the final quarter with a red card for Waddington's number 3, and a FK just outside the area, and it was 2-0 on 77 mins.

3-0 five minutes later as Waddington's hopes pretty much ended.

Then 4-0 in the last couple of mins.

Overall a great night - a scenic ground if you stand opposite the main stands. It started off very warm in the sunshine but went cold very quickly when the sun dipped behind the hills.

(This post was edited by simonsm on May 17, 2019, 12:23 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

May 17, 2019, 10:50 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 5 (940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simonsm] Thursday 16th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Swiss Challenge League (tier 2).
FC Winterhur 2-0 FC Chiasso
Admission: Comp, Attendance 2,600. Programme Free

The ground is easy to find, being only a ten-minute walk from the station if you exit on the side away from the town centre. It has one major stand with an upper tier under cover, a lower tier of seats in the open and a walkway between which is also a viewing area. For people watching in the standing area, small tables are attached to the barriers for their beer glasses.

Opposite the main stand is a large covered standing area, while open terraces exist behind each goal. The far end is more heavily fence and given to away supporters. As far as I could tell, there were twelve of them for this game. The home end is advertised outside as the “Bierkurve”, with the more active supporters waving their flags from the section closest to the covered stand.

Admission to the covered seats is CHF30 (~£23), while everywhere else is CHF18 (£14). Programmes are free.

There is an open plaza near the main entrance, with seats and surrounded by various food and drink stalls. This is where I took a Bratwurst (CHF6) and a Beer (CHF5) and sat down for a while before the game. There are more stalls at the back of the bierkurve and some of these give an anarchic feeling to the ground. You get the feeling they want to be the Swiss answer to St. Pauli, but maybe they are too polite to ask.

During the first half, the gap in class between the two teams was palpable, so much so that I was surprised that we went in with only a two-goal gap. Chiasso had one shot, which was from distance and on target, bringing out a good save from the home keeper. The rest of the period was simple one-way traffic. Chiasso’s main defensive tactic appears to be to crowd out the attackers, and actually despite always looking fragile, this was quite effective. The goals came from players who got away from the crowd, firstly Taulant Serferi who turned his defender and had a clean shot at goal, and then Ousmane Doumbia who shot from distance and found the corner of the net.

I was expecting more of the same after the break, but after making two changes, Chiasso were a changed team, practically laying siege to the home goal. For all this, it was an ineffective siege, with only one shot again that actually tested Raphael Spiegel in the home goal. Winterhur look best on the counter-attack and got more goes at this now that Chiasso were taking the game to them. Still, they only managed to get the ball in the net once more, with Luka Sliskovic being ruled offside. Both Sliskovic and Serferi were guilty of wasting other chances

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

May 17, 2019, 11:30 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #4 of 5 (870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Thursday 16th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Major League Soccer.
19-00.
Los Angeles F C 2 v 0 F C Dallas.
@ Banc of California Stadium, 3939 S Figueroa St, LA.
Admission started @ $22 . Me - Comp.
22,001. ( Yeh sure). Capacity 22,000 (There were plenty of empty seats, announced as sell out).

The rain cleared by mid day then the rest of the day was warm and windy.
Got to ground early to enable finding Reserved Parking / Comps / Pre match dinner.
Both squads nearly at full strength , no petty squabbles to carry over to Sunday for the return game.

Decent game , LA F C were totally dominant and should have scored more.
Star home man Carlos Vela declined to play for Mexico in Gold Cup and so is gracing LAFC with his presence at the moment , scored the opener and ran the show. He tired a bit towards the end when he had a couple of good chances to widen the scoreline. Uruguayan Diego Rossi added a second towards the end and it finished 2-0.

This tickled me = Remember kick off is 19-00.
Pre match schedule-
19-03 . Falconer / Falcon flight.
19-05. Scarves up.
19-07. Teams enter pitch.
National Anthem.
LAFC team introduction.
Kick off. ?

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 273 /231 / 42 (You know my rules) @ 15 / 06 / 2019.
0-0's are standing at 18.
Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-0-0-0-0). Lux = 0-0. Neth-= 0-0-0-(0 - 0).
Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

May 17, 2019, 1:13 PM

Post #5 of 5 (763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Thursday 16th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Trelawny League Premier Division

Camborne School of Mines 5-0 St Agnes reserves

Admission/Programme/Refreshments - nil

Camborne School of Mines (hereafter referred to as CSM) have moved from a pitch across the road and up a couple of fields from Wendron United to play at Falmouth School (not far from Falmouth Town FC) for their last few fixtures of the season. There is a sparkly 3G pitch where I believe they intend to play, but with that used for kids training sessions tonight the game was on a grass pitch the other side of the school which was in decent nick but had quite a side slope.

Yes, it's just a school playing field but that's no problem to me. The unusual aspect was that the match was played completely without flags. No corner flags, nor (a first for me) no linesmen's flags. Flourescent training bibs were hurried into use as a replacement.

5-0 makes it look like a thrashing, but for an hour this was a competitive game, the only goal being one scored by CSM just before the break. Then though in a five minute period, CSM added three more to put the game to bed and ensure St Agnes res ended the season nominally at least in a relegation position. A fifth was added in the dying moments to complete the scoring.

Hopefully CSM (or someone else) will use the 3G next season so I can have another tick on the complex.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3