Chelsea Transfer Target

May 14, 2019, 9:22 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #1 of 14 (3962 views)
Shortcut
Tuesday 14th May 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Purley 1-3 Tilehurst Club
Tilehurst Charity Cup Final

Played at the Madjeski Stadium. The referee started his warm-up wearing what looked like a shower cap and kicking a deflated ball about. Purley came close to scoring in the first minute and by the third minute were one behind. Defences generally on top for the rest of the half, but Purley did equalise just before the interval. Tilehurst won with two decent efforts of their own in the second half, with chances at both ends. None of the goals was from long range, but a mixture of good passing, plus the final goal a one man run through the defence. One other oddity was seeing a throw in following an offside decision with play not brought back.

Dribble!
First Team Sub

May 14, 2019, 10:34 PM

Team(s): Ipswich Town

Post #2 of 14 (3775 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Tuesday 14th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bildeston Rangers 4 Bacton United 89 2
Suffolk FA Junior Cup Final
Portman Road

Admission: £6
Programme: £1
Attendance: 818

Last of the six Suffolk FA finals held at Portman Road, and this was certainly an exciting one.
Bildeston started very quickly and took the lead after 11 minutes however Bacton then got on top and got level after 31 minutes.

Second half was even however Bildeston went ahead again after 52 minutes only for Bacton to get back on terms after 68 minutes. Just as it looked like this would be the only final that needed penalty kicks to decide it, Bildeston went in front again with the best goal of the night. they then added a fourth goal in injury time.

Last New ground; Crowborough Athletic, Games in 2019/20 Season; 39, New Grounds this Season; 17, Next scheduled game: tbc

http://portmanroadtothesansiro.blogspot.co.uk/

Dave 56
First Team Sub

May 14, 2019, 10:36 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #3 of 14 (3764 views)
Shortcut

Mid Lancashire Division 1. KO 19:00, (F&N). Crowd 135 (Steveb headcount).

Walmer Bridge 2 v 1 Hoole United

The ground is near the end of Marsh lane with only the Dolphin Pub a little further along, which is GBG listed and I was able to enjoy an excellent meal washed down with a pint of Windermere Pale before the game. The pitch was partially roped off on the near side, with the opposite side having dugouts and some advertising boards.

The match was a title decider with Walmer going into the game one point ahead of the visitors, It was the final match for both teams and in view of the importance, the league sensibly supplied three officials.

Walmer started slightly better but Hoole scored the first goal and held on to the lead until half time. Bridge equalised early in the second period and added a third a little later. With just a few minutes left a home player earned himself a second yellow card, leaving his colleagues to play out the match with ten men.

Excellent entertainment, well refereed and play was of a good standard. Several familiar faces in attendance. I am sure Steveb will provide a more detailed report.

Andy D
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 14, 2019, 10:48 PM

Team(s): 1874 Northwich, Forfar Athletic, Castleford RLFC, Lancashire CCC,

Post #4 of 14 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Parklands 5 St Michaels DH 1, Warrington & District Premier Division, Att: 65, Admission/Prog: No (at Deacon Wade High School)

A late change of venue for this one, having been informed by a Parklands tweet of tbe switch, presumably from a recreation ground out of commission at this time of year. A dash from work was made in tbe hope that the game would be played on grass but alas we were treated to a game in a traditional school cage, lacking in any spectator facilities. Parklands needed to win their last three games including tonight and managed the first of those with little trouble against mid table St Michaels. A goal after 20 seconds and another after eight minutes meant the home side spent much of the game in cruise control, although the match was very watchable. Their next game, at the weekend, is against current leaders Haydock which will probably decide the title. In a slightly negative note, there was more than the usual pitch encroachment by spectators and officials, stray balls often on the pitch, including one ball being kicked towards the home keeper while the game continued. All a bit annoying when trying to watch the game.

Rules of Groundhopping:

Rule 1 - There are no rules
Rule 2 - See rule 1.....

groundsman
Youth Team Sub

May 14, 2019, 10:59 PM

Post #5 of 14 (3662 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Tuesday 14th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Foster Charity Cup Final
Bassingbourn 3
Comberton Reserves 2
Played at Harston Recreation ground
F & N
Att 100 h/c

The 98th year of this cup competition saw a quite bizarre end piece to what was a very entertaining match. Bassingbourn won the match ultimately as a result of being awarded 2 controversial penalties.
At full time as the players were congregating on the pitch the referee brandished a red card to the Comberton no. 11. What was said following this I donít know but it resulted in the referee having to be restrained and held back by one of his assistants as he attempted to reach the player.
A less than helpful comment from a Comberton player was Ďlet him hit you heíll get a life baní!
The referee did not attend and collect his medal at the presentation shortly after.
For what itís worth I thought the officials were excellent - even allowing for controversial penalties.

pinewoodste
First Team Star

May 14, 2019, 11:42 PM

Team(s): Whoever plays Ipswich Town

Post #6 of 14 (3528 views)
Shortcut
Re: [groundsman] Tuesday 14th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Suffolk Junior Cup Final
Bacton Utd Ď89 2 (30 & 65)
Bildeston Rangers 4 (10, 50, 85 & 93+)
KO: 19:00 Att: 818 Cost: £6 Progs available

Venue: Ipswich Town FC, Portman Road, Ipswich

Match: Both in Touchline Suffolk & Ipswich League Division 1. 4th v 2nd out of 13.
Good game with plenty of chances at both ends & we couldíve had more goals.
Shots in 1st half: 7-6. H/t lasted under 16mins. Shots in 2nd half: 7-7.

The 3 finals I saw at Portman Road over the last week or so had 5, 7 & 6 goals.

Leaving the ground it was very cold.

mxhornet
First Team Star

May 15, 2019, 6:29 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #7 of 14 (3263 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinewoodste] Tuesday 14th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Earsham - 4 Spexhall - 1
Bungay Charity Cup Final
Maltings Meadow (Bungay Town FC)
Attendance - 80ish
Admission - £2
Programme - none issued

An unexpected bonus game and quite possibly my last of the season. As I'd been a birdwatching trip with my mum earlier in the day I wasn't sure I'd be home early enough to go back out for either football or netball but did have time to make it the football option which had been postponed on Friday due to the wet weather.
Earsham took an early lead before an exchange of goals midway through the first half made it 2-1. Earsham scored two goals early in the second half to give themselves a flattering lead but no further goals despite plenty of effort from Spexhall.
Also rather chilly for mid May in North Suffolk.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

noprogs
First Team Star

May 15, 2019, 7:31 AM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 14 (3130 views)
Shortcut

Istra 1961 0 Inter Zapresic 1
Croatia Div 1

Only 40 kuna entry,less than a fiver, for a top division game, best seats. Mind it was second bottom v third bottom, and the game showed in front of 359 fans. Too much over elaboration and rolling about, and a ridiculous 10 bookings.
The only goal came 10 before the break from the one bit of route one football, surprise surprise.
Istra I think are in the relegation play off now,and need to be more direct. They had all the second half play, but it's no good trying to play like David Silva if your players are as one footed as Long John Silver.
I

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 15, 2019, 9:01 AM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #9 of 14 (2926 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Tuesday 14th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Mid Lancashire Division 1. KO 19:00, (F&N). Crowd 135 (Steveb headcount).

Walmer Bridge 2 v 1 Hoole United

The ground is near the end of Marsh lane with only the Dolphin Pub a little further along, which is GBG listed and I was able to enjoy an excellent meal washed down with a pint of Windermere Pale before the game. The pitch was partially roped off on the near side, with the opposite side having dugouts and some advertising boards.

The match was a title decider with Walmer going into the game one point ahead of the visitors, It was the final match for both teams and in view of the importance, the league sensibly supplied three officials.

Walmer started slightly better but Hoole scored the first goal and held on to the lead until half time. Bridge equalised early in the second period and added a third a little later. With just a few minutes left a home player earned himself a second yellow card, leaving his colleagues to play out the match with ten men.

Excellent entertainment, well refereed and play was of a good standard. Several familiar faces in attendance. I am sure Steveb will provide a more detailed report.

Thanks to Dave 56 for posting details of this game, as I'd probably have missed it otherwise. A brief report and some photos are at http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.com/...-v-hoole-united.html

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

May 15, 2019, 11:46 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #10 of 14 (2614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Tuesday 14th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

From blog ( unfinished report on there , going bed )

Tuesday , May 14 , 2019.
U S Open Cup R2. ( West Region).
19-30.

Las Vegas Lights F C v Cal F C.
(USL Championship v United Premier Soccer League).
@ Cashman Field , 850 Las Vegas Blvd N.

2-0.

Bed now , just pulled up at roadside motel , broke back of journey back to San Francisco for 14-30 Kick Off Open Cup game for El Farolito at Boxer Stadium . Only another 3 hour drive in morning so should get a few hours kip (Aim 5).

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on May 15, 2019, 11:49 AM)

Rebel Yeller
Reserve Team Sub

May 15, 2019, 3:40 PM

Team(s): Hopper

Post #11 of 14 (2218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Tuesday 14th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Middlesex County Senior League

CB Hounslow United Reserves 2 Hillingdon 1

Entry - free. Programme - £1. Attendance - h/c 20. Weather - a pleasant evening, cool after sunset.

An enjoyable match, with two teams who seemingly like to attack. It was end to end stuff. The first half was pretty even and goallless. Both sides had chances but nothing really clear cut.

The second half had more incident. CB went ahead on 47 through their no.11, but Hillingdon held on and fought back, equalising on (65) through their no.6. A draw would have been a fair result but CB scored the winner on 87, through their no.15, following some skillful play from said player.

The referee had been fairly liberal with his cards throughout the match and this came to a head towards the end. CB no. 14 received his second yellow on 89 and departed the field of play. Not to be outdone, the Hillingdon no.15 copped a second caution on 90+3 and also departed for an early bath, although not that early.

CB 's win confirmed them as finishing a creditable fourth in this league. It will be interesting to see if any of these mainly young lads get into the CB 1st team next season.

Karb
First Team Star

May 15, 2019, 4:59 PM

Team(s): Sunderland AFC, Keighley Cougars RL

Post #12 of 14 (2085 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rebel Yeller] Tuesday 14th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Welsh League Division Three
Albion Rovers 1-0 Ynysygerwn
F&N, Atr: 90ish

One of several hoppers in attendance at this one, on a glorious evening in South Wales. After a lengthy wait for a bus from the castle, I arrived at the ground with two minutes to spare. I chose to walk back into town after the match, and had a couple of pints in the Carpenters Arms before my train.

I was under the impression that the bottom three were relegated from this division, and thus Rovers' fate had already been sealed, but apparently it's only the bottom two, so this win kept the home side up.

Rovers looked the better side throughout, and thoroughly deserved their win, though with only a one goal margin, there was always a danger of the visitors getting an equaliser. The only goal of the game came from number 4 early in the second half.

Pitch is railed on all sides, with a small stand on the far side providing the only cover. In glorious sunshine, nobody was interested in cover at this game.

"People do not have moments of truth in station waiting rooms"

grandad
Youth Team Regular

May 16, 2019, 8:51 PM

Team(s): Slought Town, Cheltenham Pilgrims, Rhostyllen, Barmouth & Dyffryn

Post #13 of 14 (1285 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Karb] Tuesday 14th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As I understand it, relegation can be up to three from this division (which itself is about to enter it's last season). It depends on how many of the three regions in the South are promoting a club. In practice usually two as Gwent and South Wales normally have an eligible club, whereas the clubs in West Wales don't usually want the travel involved in a promotion.

Once a Rebel, Always a Rebel

royals26
Man City Transfer Target!

May 17, 2019, 12:39 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #14 of 14 (920 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Purley 1-3 Tilehurst Club
Tilehurst Charity Cup Final

Played at the Madejski Smile Stadium. Purley came close to scoring in the first minute and by the third minute were one behind.

+1

Adm: £5 competition prog. Free

Att: didn't count - not easy with everyone spread along the Lower West but probably well into three figures.

MINOR GRIPE: apparently, at the behest of the organisers, they only had one turnstile open at the NW corner of the stadium - this along with the obligatory bag-checking, led to an unnecessarily long/slow moving queue; meaning many (including moi Unsure) missed TC's opener.

Directions/facilities: regular here - obvs! Laugh

Match: essentially a repeat of last years' Final but this time the f.k.a. 'Highmoor/IBIS' squad players, were under the banner of Tilehurst Club, as opposed to the 17/18 manifestation- Reading Irish. Wink

(...and many of them are likely to be coming back here tonight [Friday 17th] as AFC Aldermaston - for another 'virtual repeat' Final in The Reading Invitation Senior Cup vs Wantage)

The splendid individual slalom finish for their third goal was from Devontae Romeo - and several other Reading NL notaries were on show in the TC line-up including veteran striker Anthony Alleyne - midfield powerhouse Simoen Howell - who barely broke sweat in central mid - and up front for all of the game, currently STEP03 striker, Mitch Parker.

Purley were by no means over-run, nor over-awed by all this 'talent' and gave far better account of themselves than the previous year - but were ultimately undone by superior finishing power.

Personal Landmark match for me: - no. 100 (NL) for the season - and three days later in the calendar year than in 17/18 - can't see me notching up too many more this term though - I actually made it to the 'Nelson' (111) in 2018 and 119 the year before - must've been down to bad weather prolonging the seasons ?? Cool

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3