Sunday 12th May 2019

Dave 56
First Team Sub

May 12, 2019, 12:53 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #1 of 12 (4076 views)
Shortcut
Sunday 12th May 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Stafford & District Division 1. KO 10:30. (F&N). Crowd 11.

Dormans 1 v 2 Stone

Dormans use the Perkins sports and social club pitch for thier home games. Based in the factory grounds, it is one of the best set ups in the league. The pitch is in excellent condition and there are fixed dugouts. Large car park that is full weekdays but almost deserted on a Sunday.

Stone required a draw to mathematically clinch the title and promotion to the premier division. They were made to struggle by a competitive home side who fought hard for the whole 90 minutes and were unlucky not to get a draw.

Stone led at the break by a single goal, it had taken them around 25 minutes to break Dormans down. The home side did get a second half equaliser but conceded what turned out to be the winner with 17 minutes left.

(This post was edited by Dave 56 on May 12, 2019, 1:28 PM)

penny banner
Youth Team Regular

May 12, 2019, 2:23 PM

Post #2 of 12 (3968 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Sunday 12th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

DOLPHIN KINGS UNITED v TWS CRAMPTONS. Thanet Sunday League Premier Division Cup Final. kick off: 10.30 on the dot. Result 2-2 (2-2 after 95 minutes) Dolphin won shoot out 4-2. Admission & programme a bargain £1. Attendance: 156.

This was good stuff with Dolphin 2-0 up and cruising before a late spurt took the match into extra time with Cramptons now looking the stronger side. In the first half the Dolphin number 9 took a penalty in which he tried to bend the ball round the keeper. Needless to say he failed and he wasn't allowed anywhere near the penalty shoot out. The icing on the cake as far as I was concerned was watching the game in the sensual company of Spud.

barcud-coch
First Team Star

May 12, 2019, 5:47 PM

Post #3 of 12 (3757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [penny banner] Sunday 12th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hereford Lads Club 7 Wyre Forest Phoenix 1

County Ground: Mid West Counties Female League

This afternoon's match was possibly the last adult fixture, for either gender at Hereford Lads Club, to be played on the grass surface before it is replaced by an artificial surface in the summer. The home team came into their final fixture of the campaign in third position in the league table following a 6-0 home victory over basement club Meadow Park a fortnight ago. Hereford Lads Club required at least a point from the match to guarantee a third-placed finish against opponents that were place behind them and held a game in hand on their hosts. The Worcestershire club had enjoyed a 2-1 win at mid-table Ludlow Town last Sunday. The hosts opened the scoring in the 18th minute when a low cross from the left was put into her own net by a Wyre Forest Phoenix defender. Hereford Lads Club doubled their lead when a 35th minute free-kick into the penalty area was headed goalwards by a Phoenix player and turned into the net from close range. The lead was extended three minute before the interval when a cross from Sharlene Watkins near the corner flag sailed over the head of the Phoenix goalkeeper and inside the far post. The home team netted a fourth goal eight minutes after the break with a low shot from the edge of the penalty area before the Worcestershire club pulled a goal back just after the hour mark following a dangerous cross from the left. Hereford Lads Club regained their four-goal lead with a close range header from a 73rd minute cross on the right and their sixth goal arrived following a close range scramble after a 79th minute corner. The scoring was completed by a well-struck 25 yard free-kick eight minutes later to confirm a third-placed finish for the hosts.

2018/19 Statistics
Goals: 862
Matches: 194
New Grounds: 16

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

May 12, 2019, 7:08 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #4 of 12 (3520 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barcud-coch] Sunday 12th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

East of Scotland League Cup Final
Bo’ness United v Musselburgh Athletic, 1-0, H.T. 1-0, Att 670, Admission £6, Programme £2, Refreshments available
At Penicuik Park

Bo’ness got some satisfaction at the end of a difficult season with a deserved win over Musselburgh in the League Cup Final. They achieved it whilst missing four first team regulars due to a stag do. The teams had met twice before in Cup Finals in their Junior days with Musselburgh winning both, so there was additional cause for celebration.

A sizeable crowd turned out on a warm afternoon in the pleasant precincts of Penicuik Park. The only goal of the game was scored shortly before half time by Ryan Stevenson, currently on loan to Bo’ness from Raith Rovers. He was one of the star performers for Bo’ness who finished the game with ten men – Michael Gemmell (unsurprisingly) seeing a second yellow in the 70th minute.

The league Cup is probably the least prestigious of the East of Scotland competitions but Bo’ness will just be glad to have something to show for their efforts this season. Their playing budget had been reduced to allow them to complete the work necessary for their new artificial pitch and floodlights in preparation for their SFA licence application next season. I think they will be a force to be reckoned with next year once they are back at Newtown Park with its new facilities.

Programme was fine for £2 with a delightful retro cover.

In and out of Penicuik by car and no time for pre-match refreshments today. Didn’t sample the catering as I was too busy catching up on all the latest Lowland and East of Scotland news and gossip from those present.

Still to come are the Football Nation east of Scotland Qualifying Cup Final (Spartans v Camelon at Lithgate on Thursday 23rd May), the Lowland league Cup Final (Shire v BSC at Peffermill next Sunday), the South Challenge Cup Final (EK v Bonnyrigg at Meggetland on Sunday May 26) and the King Cup Final (still at QF stage, with Final due at the end of May / start of June,venue tbc).

leohoenig
Administrator

May 12, 2019, 7:59 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #5 of 12 (3356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barcud-coch] Sunday 12th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This will be my last league game in France this season, although I think there will still be possibilities when I return after a two week railtour. Some regional and district cups may still have to be finished, the French Cup for 2019-20 may have some games, particularly in Paris or Grand Est, (I rely on Gricehead to keep my informed), and the quarter-finals*** of the French UEFA Interregional Cup qualification are scheduled for Monday 10 June (15.00 ko). Venues not yet known.

I might also take in a women's world cup game or two, but I cannot see me travelling far enough to pick up new grounds for this

Anyway, this was scheduled as a free day for Regional 2 in Normandie, meaning just the one game for teams that had to catch up on postponed games.

Normandie, Regional 2, Group D
Caudebec Saint Pierre 0-2 US Mesnil Esnard Franqueville
Admission Free. Attendance ~100

The game, just under two hours driving for me was suitable as USMEF were level at the top of the league with Evreux II. Hence if they lost they remained second, but if they got one or three points, then this marked out their lead with two games to go (and only one promotion place). CSP were third to bottom. I am not 100% sure, but expect it is three down. With two teams level on points, and St Aubin only one better off, it was a chance to escape the threat of the drop.

Caudebec and Saint Pierre are two of the communes of Elbeuf, south of the Seine and to the East of the centre. The area around the ground is mainly residential. The ground itself has a small running track and it is possible to walk all around with banked grass. On one long side, there is a stand and concrete standing areas.

Along with St. Aubin, on the other side of the river, these appear to be the major clubs in Elbeuf, although I see reference to a club called AS Elbeuf (now with no teams in operation) which I suspect used to play at a higher level. Judging by the signage as I entered, I take it that CSP is a recent merger. The signs on the wall refer to RC Caudebec as a partner club of Havre and a plaque mentions a game between Havre and PSG to open the stadium in 2005. While the club badge on the team shirts was CSP, some people in the ground had jackets showing the old RCC badge, and the home team coach was one of these.

The game started brightly with USMEF having a chance within the first 20 seconds, and they could easily have been two up within minutes of starting. Then nothing happened for about 35 minutes. At this point, Mesnil Esnard were given the chance to go ahead, as a home defender managed to handle the ball in the area.

A splendid dive to his left by Emerick Lherminez prevented Alexis Angrand from opening the scoring. The game was changed at half time by the introduction of USMEF substitute Jonathan Bolin. When I saw the team play Rouen 11 days before, the white haired striker had impressed me before scoring his teams second goal. Within three minutes of coming on, he opened the scoring and throughout the second period he made things happen, in the same way as they did not in the first period.

CSP did have some chances and struck the framework twice within a minute midway through the half, but Bolin's second goal finished the game as a contest. USMEF overused the returning subs rule to slow the game down, even at two up, but there really was no need.

Two minutes from time, Kevin Cadinot of CSP received his second yellow card and retired to the dressing rooms early. At least one (and most likely both) of the yellow cards were for fouls on Bolin.

***although the games on June 10th (which is a public holiday in France) are quarter finals, there are only three of them. The entries to this competition are the 13 metroplitan regions of France, (i.e. mainland and Corsica). There were six matches in the first round, and three in the next. It appears Normandie are missing both times. I know the Normans are the holders, so I am guessing they now have a bye to the semi-finals. The match ups are Pays de la Loire v Paris Ile de France, Grand Est v Centre Val de Loire and Nouvelle Aquitaine v Mediterranee

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

KevinW
Youth Team Star

May 12, 2019, 8:56 PM

Team(s): Crystal Palace

Post #6 of 12 (3128 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Sunday 12th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Premier League
Selhurst Park Stadium – Official Attendance: 25,433

Crystal Palace (3) 5 …..…… AFC Bournemouth (1) 3

Having failed to score more than two goals in any competitive home game so far this season, Palace ensured that statistic wouldn’t endure for the entire season by netting three goals in a fourteen minute spell in the first-half. However, an excellent strike – even some Palace fans appeared to be applauding - just before the interval, gave the visitors hope. Another for the visitors before the hour mark and a third after CP had restored a two-goal lead, had the outcome very much in the balance. Fortunately, Bournemouth’s defence isn’t as strong as their attack and a fifth goal for the boys in red and blue pretty much wrapped things up.

An entertaining end to the season and the first time I have ever seen more than seven goals in any game played at Selhurst Park.

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 13, 2019, 12:31 AM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #7 of 12 (2606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Sunday 12th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

LAITHWAITE COMMUNITY STADIUM
WOKING 1 Welling Utd 0
£15

A very close game settled by a wonderful free kick.
A great occasion for Woking, and particularly pleased for the manager, has done an excellent job.

643 GROUNDS - Milton Keynes Robins (61/92)
582 WETHERSPOONS - Lytham
2 WETHERSPOONS HOTELS - Ripon

timmy tabby
First Team Star

May 13, 2019, 6:16 AM

Post #8 of 12 (2471 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] Sunday 12th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

.....And another at Kingfield for the Woking 1 v 0 Welling United Conference South Play Off Final. As has been the frequent case in recent weeks, arrived ridiculously early but one electronic beeb of the print at w**k ticket (that actually was extremely easy in this 'poota dimwit's eyes to arrange) and enter with ease. The venerable Alan B noted two seats in the old stand to obtain, though this was like peering though the proverbial letter box and it was therefore impossible to maintain a constant view when clearances cleared the horizon of the sloping downwards stand, but on the whole this was a minor gripe on from this angle was a well organised afternoon. Though it must be stated that Woking have had many previous 'big' games over the years to perfect their organisational skills.

After the previous afternoon's plethora of thrills, spills and excitement at Imber Court, this was never going to attain the levels seen as it was a typically tight Play Off contest but won with one of the strikes of this season or of any season. Commented when the free kick was awarded, that it was a particularly dangerous position, however the quality of Little's free kick curling over the wall and leaving Wilks grasping at the Surrey air was of a level not normally seen even at Conference Regional level. The first half from this angle was reasonably entertaining and Goldberg for the visitors was desperately unfortunate not to give them the lead with an angled shot which came back off the inside of the post and into the grateful arms of Ross. Good opportunity for Woking soon after but Hyde only managed the weakest of touches, when something far firmer was required.

Welling had far more possession in the second period and there were several occasions when an equaliser was at the least a possible occurrence. However, with Cook and Gerring in commanding form at the back (noted approximately 5 years ago, what an effective defender Gerring was when he was at Bideford) and the fact that there were no goalkeeping spills from Ross who caught, palmed or punched almost all of the crosses over from the flanks. This meant that Welling for all their efforts did not actually create anything remotely like a clear cut chance over the duration of the second period, though Ross did make a flying dive of a save to push away a drive from Mills that was heading inside the post. A second Woking goal would have soothed the frayed nerves of the home supporters apart from a couple of wayward efforts they created little during the second half content to successfully absorb the pressure.

The obligatory tick tock down of 5 additional minutes from the surrounding home stalwarts was successfully negotiated leading to the also obligatory pitch invasion (I never quite understand the logic of PA announcers imploring supporters to remain in place at the final whistle as it never happens). Was unsure if there was any actual delay in the award of the Play Off winners trophy as a swift departure was made in the direction of the town centre and JDW fodder and accompanying very pleasant 'Windsor Baby' ale from Windsor and Eton Brewery, brewed presumably for a recent event that has slipped this radar.

The travails of the perennial c2c engineering works meant an early start and a highly unusual pre match diversion for Earl Grey and Carrot Cake (alas no Pea delicacies) in the Crypt of St Pauls Cathedral. The grandeur of the toilet facilities provided there should act as a blueprint for all fast rising clubs with accompanying benefactors dispensing the pounds.

Usual efficient half hourly journey to and from Waterloo and indoors just after 21.00......

(This post was edited by timmy tabby on May 13, 2019, 6:31 AM)

mxhornet
First Team Star

May 13, 2019, 6:50 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #9 of 12 (2423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [timmy tabby] Sunday 12th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Acle United Women - 2 Colney Heath Ladies - 1
Eastern Region Women's League Premier Division
Trafford Park (Wroxham FC)
Attendance - 40ish
Admission - pay what you want (£2)
Programme - free (usual glossy 24 pager)

Acle United Women's last ever match, before becoming Wroxham Women next season. Added to that a win by enough to overhaul Royston Town who were playing Peterborough Northern Star and had a goal difference two better than Acle United to claim runners up position. This fixture had been abandoned very late on and AU expected to be awarded the 1-0 win but potentially having to replay the game could work in their favour.
Obviously needing a win and to score as many as possible was the order of the day for AU, 1-0 up after 3 minutes things looked promising but CH were not taking the game lightly and made it 1-1 after 21 minutes. An even first half ended 1-1, which remained the case until 2 minutes in to stoppage time when AU scored to win 2-1, which would be enough had Royston failed to win, a quick check on twitter said "8-1" which I wrongly assumed was to the home side only to realise later after scrolling down through earlier tweets that it was in fact PNS who had won by this unlikely score. So AU finish second but I'm pretty sure only champions go up from this division.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 14, 2019, 12:03 AM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #10 of 12 (1468 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Sunday 12th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

2.30pm
Netherlands, Eredivisie
AZ Alkmaar 1 PSV Eindhoven 0 (att 16,555)
37.50eu admission, no progs

I don't often watch football at his level but I really enjoyed this and may return for more Dutch games in the future (by my reckoning I'm a third of the way through the top division).

Thought we might struggle for tickets as PSV were battling for the title with Ajax and it was AZ's last home game of the season, but emails to the club and a bank transfer got us print-at-home tickets. The first half was cagey, but AZ were good after the break, took the lead and and deserved their win. It means Ajax will surely win the title.

We got a bus from Alkmaar station which stopped close to the AFAS Stadium, but with plenty of time before the flight home we walked back after the game, stopping for a beer in a city centre bar. The stadium opened in 2006, and having had time to bed in seemed a better venue than many new grounds, with some character to go alongside the comfort.

On my blog at https://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.com/...v-psv-eindhoven.html

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

royals26
Man City Transfer Target!

May 17, 2019, 3:33 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #11 of 12 (772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Sunday 12th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Reading & District Sunday League - J.Lusted Cup Final

@ Rivermoor (aka Scours Lane) KO 10:30

Shinfield Park United 4-0 Souith Reading
{2nd vs 1st in Div Three}

Adm: £3 incl competition programme

Att: probably just over 100

Directions/Facilities: regular here- very welcoming Bacon Rolls on offer amongst other hot food items but the ordering/cooking/service process was as farcically arranged, as the previous day at Stag Meadow. Unimpressed

Match - surprisingly one-sided coast for the runners-up against their divisional champions.

...back home via Morrisions in plenty of time to witness Citeh ensure that my w/e didn't ending on a downer. Tongue

richiejenn
First Team Star

May 18, 2019, 10:12 PM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 12 (570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Sunday 12th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunday 12th May 2019 @3pm
Premier League
CRYSTAL PALACE 5-3 BOURNEMOUTH
Selhurst Park
Admission: comp
Attendance: 25,433
]

So my season finished with this entertaining match. Both sides attacking end to end and could have been even more goals.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3