Saturday 11th May 2019

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

LeedsPhil
First Team Star

May 13, 2019, 4:08 PM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #51 of 56 (2196 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Saturday 11th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Rossvale 4-0 Neilston
Scottish Juniors West, Championship
at Huntershill, Bishopbriggs, near Glasgow – the caged 3G closest to the building
h/c 75
Entry by donation to charity. No paper. Half pies, choccy biccies, tea/coffee all left out for grabs at HT, with further donation to the charity bucket encouraged.

It had always been expected that Rossvale would eventually give up on trying to play Junior football at this “unsuitable” (their words) cage venue with flat standing only in two separated areas on one side. With it being 3G, it had remained in my pack of Jokers to be played on a rainy/icy day, so had not yet been done. It was somewhat annoying then, that with an extended weekend down in Englandshire visiting the lad in the psychiatric hospital in the daytimes and supping Yorkshire ale in the evenings already fully organised, it was announced just a few days ahead that Rossvale will be sharing at Benburb from next season and therefore this would be their last match to be played here. Therefore a ‘must do’, requiring cutting short my trip and driving back up to Scotland on Saturday morning.

To mark it being their last here, it was ‘free’ entry. But since the charity to which the bucket contents was going was a Mental Health one, it did much better from me than if it had been a normal entry match. Ditto for the HT food & drink.

This is one of two caged 3Gs at the Huntershill complex. The other is in the middle of a running track. There is also a marked-up grass pitch. Kiddies fitba was taking place inside the running track – Rossvale are a long-established age group club. Although it is claimed that the (adult) Junior club is a separate entity from the kids’ club, all were wearing identical strips and once the kids had finished many of them came to spectate at the big boys’ fitba.

1-0 early on was how it remained at the break, two more within four minutes around the hour mark, and a further goal in the closing moments, kept Rossvale’s promotion hopes alive. Perhaps this realisation that being in the top flight is probable is what has driven them to accelerate their move from a venue that cannot cope with decent crowds. Neilston weren’t quite as useless as one aged fan kept repeating, using the same phrase again and again and again, irritatingly.

Just a short (and pleasant) drive up and over the top of the Campsie Fells to the completely different world of touristic Forth & Endrick country, it being a shame that that league has switched from Saturday evening KOs to Fridays. But the Fintry brewery is in the back yard of that village’s inn so it’s always worth a detour to have a sniff in there whenever in the area. One new half for me on this revisit before the drive back north accompanied by the radio commentary on Leeds not (yet) chucking away promotion.

(This post was edited by LeedsPhil on May 13, 2019, 4:10 PM)

rambler77
First Team Star

May 13, 2019, 8:43 PM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #52 of 56 (1818 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Saturday 11th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

TRANENT JUNIORS 3-1 BROXBURN ATHLETIC
(EOS League King Cup 3rd Round)

@ Foresters Park, Tranent
Adm: £6
no prog or pin badges
Coffee: £1

Penultimate day of a weeks holiday in Berwick, and the family came with me for my football fix. This was only my 3rd ever game north of the border.

Foresters Park is a tidy, well appointed ground with a playing surface like a bowling green. The game was decent too with the home side deserving their place in the next round.

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

andy smith
Reserve Team Regular

May 13, 2019, 8:54 PM

Team(s): The Pars

Post #53 of 56 (1792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Saturday 11th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I went along to both the Central Midlands League South Division games...

11:00 Linby Colliery Welfare 0
Webeck Lions 2
Admission £3.00 - Prog' £1.50 - Att' 104

15:00 Hucknall Town 4
Underwood Villa 2
Admission £4.00 - Prog' £2.00 - Att' 204....

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 13, 2019, 11:52 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #54 of 56 (1567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andy smith] Saturday 11th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Early morning flight from Manchester to Amsterdam, short train ride to our Leiden base, them an a leisurely bus ride to the coast ...

2.30pm
Derde Divisie (level 4)
Noordwijk 4 DOVO 3 (att 900 est)
Admission 8eu incl free prog

Noordwijk are top of the Saturday section of the fourth tier, but had to come from 1-3 down to get the points in a great game. They went ahead in the first half but were 1-2 down at the break. An early second half goal had DOVO's few followers celebrating but they couldn't hold the lead as Noordwijk staged a thrilling comeback.

The ground is a sports complex just short walk from the seafront. The pitch is artificial and dominated by a large seated stand with a clubhouse built into in on the first floor. The rest of the ground is open standing, with some shallow terracing. My first experience of Dutch football at this level and I really enjoyed it.

On my blog at https://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.com/...oordwijk-v-dovo.html

From Noordwijk it was a bus ride to nearby Noordwijkerhout for match number two ...

6pm
Tweede Divisie (level 3)
VVSB 2 Jong Almere City 0 (att 550 according to Soccerway, looked about right)
Admission 8eu incl free prog

Two sides near the bottom and lacking confidence (and creativity on the part of the visitors). Almere's youngsters were beaten by two second half goals, and so slip into the automatic relegation places as VVSB (VV Sint Bavo) climb out and into the play off spots.

Another pleasant ground, and a club which has the feel of being a proper community asset. The clubhouse was busy and sold well-priced beer, handy as we had time for a drink or three before kick of, and again afterwards before our bus out. There's a seated stand and open standing, some of it terraced.

Usual content at https://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.com/...ong-almere-city.html

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

Reborn Yellow
Youth Team Sub

May 14, 2019, 9:34 AM

Team(s): Hucknall Town, Nottingham Forest

Post #55 of 56 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andy smith] Saturday 11th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I also did both of the CML games. No programmes to show for it. Linby had ran out, and I sold the Hucknall one on to a hopper as it probably meant more to him than me.

royals26
Man City Transfer Target!

May 17, 2019, 4:33 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #56 of 56 (563 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reborn Yellow] Saturday 11th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

%$£& it !! - was hoping someone had been to this, as I struggled to think of much to write - but I've never let that stop me before! Wink

Cherry Red Records Combined Counties Football League - Premier Challenge Cup Final
(Is open to clubs from both divisions - Div One also have their own Cup to play for)

@ Stag Meadow - Windsor FC KO 15:00
(no longer current members of the League - they switched to the Hellenic a couple of years back)

Sutton Common Rovers 1-0 CB Hounslow
{2nd vs 17th}

Adm: £8 + decent sized competition programme - plenty of detail as opposed to the standard 4 pager for these type of games - well done CCL

Att: not seen a Bulletin covering this yet - est. probably over 200

Directions/Facilities: hoping to get to Delaford v Singh Sabha for 14:00 then Ab. Utd for 18:00 but the M4 nr jn8/9 put paid to the first segment of that with about 25' of stationary queueing.
- two 'idiots' in what looked like BMWs or possibly Audi's (both with the customary black paint jobs of course) had driven in to each other in the 'fast' lane - presumably not coping with the mandatory 50mph average through the burgeoning and very lengthy, preparatory Smart Motorway road-works, that now stretch from here right out to close to jn12.

Naturally once the blockage had been cleared the 'average' part of the restriction signs, meant everyone immediately 'floored it' Laugh We'd given up on Iver Rec and made a more leisurely process down to Stag Meadow.

My mate had professed a desire to 'do a tour' after the game, whereas I was still of half-a-mind to try a dash up to the Northcourt, for the N.Baaarks Final.
A txt from my youngest made me re-think this option - him and his elder brother had persuaded my dearest better half, to order an Indian Takeaway - and I was offered in - irresistible. Tongue

Catering Outlet nr the Turnstile was closed this PM - missed a trick there I think - Guardsman Ale on draught - not bad at all.

Food being served from Kitchen/Hatch inside the clubhouse - but the order taking - cooking - serving procedures were lamentable.
- Jots of paper were being handed to the cooks but no counterfoils were given out and the little corridor there, soon filled with people waiting for their orders mixed up with people queuing to place theirs.
Many of them for similar things - so confusion abounded. Not sure they had the one with the best handwriting on order-taking either
- I think they began to realise that entropy had well and truly set-in, when for about the fourth time they announced a 'serving' of two Cheeseburgers only for there to be no takers.
- they then failed to find a serviceable tin-opener thereby removing the quite popular item of Baked Pots with Beans, from the menu.

I finally got back outside with my order (Bacon Burger no Cheese) beyond 15:10, having placed it a good 30 mins beforehand. Unsure
What's more they had managed to run out of Bacon by the time they had got to preparing my order, so I opted for a sausage instead
- and I was not the last to order bacon but plenty ordering after me received it!? MadCrazy

I've been served from here quite recently for an evening game and know how long it can take - I usually stand back out by the pitch with half an eye back into the club - not an option with so many orders in progress.

Match: other than the neat move - shot - save and cool finish from SCR in the 86' nothing else of note.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3