Southern Counties Cup Final

Jersey 1 (Luke Campbell 12)
Army 1 (Jack May 54)

no extra time

Army won 4-3 on "penalties"
to win trophy for 3rd consecutive year

att 273

admission £3

4pp colour programme free with admission (100 printed)

also VIP/media teamsheets

Dave 56
First Team Sub

May 9, 2019, 9:40 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #2 of 10 (2337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] Thursday 9th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Derby Summer League. KO 19:00. (F&N). Crowd 17.

Red Lion 2 v 9 Broughton Wanderers

Hadn't expected to be at football tonight following a biopsy late Tuesday afternoon but feeling better than expected, I decided to nip out to this match on a grey and damp evening.

The home side scored from a penalty in the first minute and led for around 15 minutes before conceding 3 goals in relatively quick succession. Red Lion scored again to make it 2-3 but let in another before half time.

Wanderers added their 5th in the first minute of the second period and added to their total on a regular basis. The Red Lion keeper got himself a straight red for calling the ref a dick head when they were 8-2 down! One more added against the stand in keeper.

Apparently 2 of the Wanderers players are first team regulars at Heanor and it clearly shows as they seem to score most of the goals.

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 9, 2019, 9:49 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #3 of 10 (2319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Thursday 9th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Hadn't expected to be at football tonight following a biopsy late Tuesday afternoon but feeling better than expected, I decided to nip out to this match on a grey and damp evening.

The home side scored from a penalty in the first minute and led for around 15 minutes before conceding 3 goals in relatively quick succession. Red Lion scored again to make it 2-3 but let in another before half time.

Wanderers added their 5th in the first minute of the second period and added to their total on a regular basis. The Red Lion keeper got himself a straight red for calling the ref a dick head when they were 8-2 down! One more added against the stand in keeper.

Apparently 2 of the Wanderers players are first team regulars at Heanor and it clearly shows as they seem to score most of the goals.

I thought that league had a rule that players couldn’t have played for a winter team in the season just finished.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

gcnc
Man City Transfer Target!

May 9, 2019, 10:18 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #4 of 10 (2209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Thursday 9th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

League 2 Play-off Semi-final 1st Leg
Newport County 1 Mansfield Town 1
Admission £19 Programme £3 Attendance 6035

We're still in it, despite falling behind to an early goal, and being outplayed and certainly outmuscled in the first 45 minutes. The second half was a different story, however, and when Amond was first to get to his saved penalty to score the equaliser the home side got the draw they deserved. Will be interested to see the highlights later, as from the terrace we looked very lucky not to go down to ten men in the first five minutes, and lucky too to get the penalty at the end. All to play for in the second leg on Sunday now though!

Today would have been my dad's eightieth birthday. He was the one who introduced me to the joys of football in general, and Newport County in particular. He would have really enjoyed tonight!

(This post was edited by gcnc on May 9, 2019, 10:45 PM)

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 9, 2019, 10:32 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #5 of 10 (2174 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Thursday 9th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I only saw bits of the game but you're right about the penalty!

barcud-coch
First Team Star

May 9, 2019, 11:16 PM

Post #6 of 10 (2054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Thursday 9th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Bartestree 2 Droitwich Spa Belles 1

Bartestree Playing Fields: Mid West Counties Female League

This was my first visit to Bartestree since Boxing Day when I watched the men’s first team entertained AFC Church on Boxing Day morning in the Total Motion Midland League Third Division. I had previously witnessed the women’s team in action at home earlier this season when they defeated local rivals Hereford 2-1 in a league fixture but had watched them more recently in the 1-0 defeat in the reverse fixture at Old School Lane. Bartestree came into this evening’s match third from bottom of the Mid West Counties League after enduring a narrow 3-2 home defeat at the hands of Hereford Lads Club on Sunday afternoon. Droitwich Spa Belles found themselves one place and three points above their hosts in the table, having played three additional league fixtures than Bartestree, after enjoying a 4-0 home success over lowly Welland on the weekend.

The home team opened the scoring this evening as early as the fourth minute when a Bartestree winger latched on to a well-timed through ball played down the left flank and drove into the penalty area before unleashing a neat finish past the Belles goalkeeper. The Droitwich Spa outfit equalised in the 33rd minutes before the interval when a Belles forward pounced on a poor backpass by a Bartestree defender before chipping the goalkeeper from about 20 yards out as the Bartestree custodian was caught off her line. The hosts regained the lead five minutes before the interval when a Bartestree player ran straight through the heart of the opposition midfield and defence before clipping a neat finish past the Belles goalkeeper from the edge of the visitor's penalty area.

2018/19 Statistics
Goals: 851
Matches: 190
New Grounds: 16

Dave 56
First Team Sub

May 10, 2019, 12:22 AM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #7 of 10 (1955 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Thursday 9th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I thought that league had a rule that players couldn’t have played for a winter team in the season just finished.

------------------------

You are partly correct. I have had a look in the current handbook and players under 21 and over 35 are exempt from that rule. Having carried out a bit of detective work, I think the players in question are U18 not first team as I was told.

However, the surnames I was given both began with B (can't remember them now) but the faces on Heanor Twitter look familiar, one as U18 top scorer and the other as scorer of goal of the season. One is listed in the first team squad and if the website isn't fully up to date, the other may have played as well.

So, OK age wise but perhaps using different names to avoid Heanor finding out?

prorege

May 10, 2019, 8:51 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #8 of 10 (1548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Thursday 9th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Football Nation East of Scotland Qualifying Cup Semi Final
Camelon v Bonnyrigg Rose, 2-1, H.T. 1-0, Att c.350, Admission £6, No paper, Bridie and Coffee £3
At Carmuirs Park, Camelon

Bonnyrigg’s week gets worse and worse. After losing out on promotion due to not having floodlights, they have now lost two Semi Finals, having gone down to Bo’ness in the League Cup Semi Final on Monday. Still, they have the consolation of knowing that their East of Scotland League Championship win allows them to play ion next season’s Scottish Cup.

Both teams were down to the bare bones and, in the circumstances, produced a really good Cup tie. Camelon took the lead in the 3rd minute as the Bonnyrigg defence went to sleep and dominated the first half hour. Towards half time Bonnyrigg came back into the game but without really looking like scoring.

When Camelon added a second around the hour mark it looked like game over. However, the home side ran out of steam a little as Bonnyrigg went gung ho and attacked at will. They managed to get a goal back with 15 minutes left. From then on Bonnyrigg had the pressure but it was actually Camelon who looked more like scoring on the break. At times Bonnyrigg committed so many men forward that they left themselves very exposed. Camelon missed three great chances to make the game safe.

For once I would have quite liked extra time as the match was so good but it wasn’t to be. Camelon deserved their win and go forward to meet Spartans in the Final. It will be played on May 18 unless Spartans reach the Lowland League Cup Final, in which case it will be May 23. The venue is likely to be Linlithgow.

Good turn out of home fans and neutrals who generated a decent atmosphere. The Camelon Neds were singing about their plans for the Final as the crowd departed. It should be entertaining! The Bonnyrigg fans near me spent most of the game whinging and moaning about the world being against them in a manner more befitting of Auchinleck, Linlithgow and Rangers. I thyink they’ll be going on my list soon.

bd
Youth Team Regular

May 10, 2019, 11:02 AM

Team(s): Swindon Supermarine and Reading

Post #9 of 10 (1302 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Thursday 9th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Popped up the road for
Wiltshire Senior League
Purton FC 5-1 Kintbury Rangers
Free Entry although believe it was £3 with a programme? I just walked in and nobody questioned me and nobody manning the car park
Car Park full, so parked out on the road
Att: Didn't count, but no more than about 25 or 30.

A reasonable game for what was a nothing game. Purton took a very quick 2-0 lead and were always in control. Kintbury had the better of the early exchanges in the second half, but wasteful finishing by the home team cost them a much larger win, whilst the rather portly home keeper also made several good saves denying the visitors.

One of the home goals was almost comical as the striker rounded the keeper, stopped, looked at the linesman, assuming he would be offside, based on what I presume, was the vociferous away teams shouts and had to be told by his team mates to carry on and score whilst the away team protested and keeper looked to recover quickly!

Wouldn't normally drop down to this level, if it's not on the Groundhopper app then I don't usually bother and the quality below step 6 I feel, isn't worth my time or effort in going, but Purton is just down the road from where I live and hadn't visited so far, and at this stage of the season with the mild winter, you'll pretty much take what you can get to see one last game as not doing any playoff games or finals now.

Did catch up with a couple of guys I used to knock about with in Cheltenham a few years ago so it was worth the short journey!

royals26

May 17, 2019, 11:45 AM

Team(s): Reading

Post #10 of 10 (352 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bd] Thursday 9th May 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Wiltshire Senior League
Purton FC 5-1 Kintbury Rangers
Free Entry although believe it was £3 with a programme?

-yup they did issue - available from the very amicable Sec/Official - who was wandering around with them in plastic folder Cool
Car Park full, so parked out on the road
ditto
Att:
- given by 'base of the pyramid' blogger as 32 - I assumed he'd asked/counted himself.

A reasonable game for what was a nothing game. .... but wasteful finishing by the home team cost them a much larger win, whilst the rather portly home keeper also made several good saves ## denying the visitors.

Directions: Been here once before (I think only once Angelic) about 9 yrs ago.

- OUT to M4 jn 16 then SatNav took me NE up B4534 around the fringes of Sw!nedon and up via the Lydiard's
- The Red House ground is slightly tucked away at the eastern edge of the village behind Church St on The Hyde
- though if you drive into The Hyde itself - in spite of this being the club's address - access is a bit difficult unless there are spaces in the Social Club's Car Park.

- RETURNED - kept due South from the far (western) end of the high St down through Greatfield & Hook out across the M4 and along the northern edge of Wootton Bassett on the A3120, to get back to the M4.

Facilities: very plush Red House Social Club - 'hidden' entrance in the courtyard behind the ground next to the Bowling Green.
- used principally for Bowls - which was in full flow tonight hence the lack of parking at the facility and in the Club Car Park.

Guest Ale was Hound Dog from the Exmoor Brewery

Pitch is set down below the Dressing Room building (which does have a public loo) and most of the spectator viewing is from there - though there are a few bench seats dotted around.
Rather odd that Pitch is on a level with the 1st floor of some surrounding houses - probably why they have never been able to successfully apply to have lights installed.

The Sec bemoaned the fact that many of the objection to their applications for floodlights have come from residents who were former players ? Crazy
He said as a consequence they were forced into the Wilts League, whereas they rather yearned for a return to the Hellenic.

Match: as bd described above: was a good open game and you could see why Purton had started to score prolifically as the season drew to a close.

## - I believe the Kintbury keeper was actually one of the very few First Teamers on show - Rangers had done their bit to try and catch Wroughton at the top of the league, by beating them on the previous Tue (see WDYG threads) However they had suffered a point deduction, somewhat recklessly picking a 'ringer' in the 0-0 @ Trowbridge on the 20th April; rather than playing 'short' or finding a 2nd stringer - thereby making this fixture somewhat meaningless, as they could only finish 2nd even with a win.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3