Home: Non League Football Information: History:
Sunday Independent bound volumes or microfilm

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

May 3, 2019, 9:12 PM

Post #1 of 4 (787 views)
Shortcut
Sunday Independent bound volumes or microfilm Can't Post or

Does anyone have any idea if the west country Sunday Independent's bound volumes are available to view, other than wherever the National Newspaper Library is now?
I am researching Chard Town's history for their centenary in 2 years time and the local weekly has various years when it was worse than useless and Pulmans Weekly is only available up to a point.
Thanks in advance

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 4, 2019, 7:24 AM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 4 (712 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Sunday Independent bound volumes or microfilm [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They had bound volumes in their office c1980 when I was researching but they were not generally open to all. Since then they have relocated, I hope their history went with them.

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

May 5, 2019, 3:07 PM

Post #3 of 4 (495 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] Sunday Independent bound volumes or microfilm [In reply to] Can't Post or

Cheers John. Has been told since that Plymouth Library has archives but not sure yet whether they are microfilm or bound volumes. Have emailed them and await a reply.

lovin spoonful
Reserve Team Sub

May 8, 2019, 12:54 AM

Post #4 of 4 (296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] Sunday Independent bound volumes or microfilm [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not sure if the Sunday Independent was regionalised, and if so when. The Cornish Studies Library have microfilms of the Indy. The centre is currently closed whilst moving to a new location on the other side of Redruth. No date has been given for the opening.

Last 0-0 draw: Friday 04/11/2016 Bodmin Town v Plymouth Parkway

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3