Qatar World Cup bid member!

Apr 28, 2019, 2:41 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 10 (3040 views)
Shortcut
Sunday 28th April 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Eric Amy U16 Cup Final

Jersey competition that Guernsey teams can enter

St. Peter (J) 1 (33), St. Martin's (G) 2 (46 & 54)

40 mins each way

att 61

St. Martin's retain the trophy

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 28, 2019, 3:08 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #2 of 10 (2985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] Sunday 28th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fife Sunday Amateur League Division Two
West Fife Albion v Wheatsheaf, 1-7, H.T. 1-3, Att c.10, No admission or anything
At Village Park, Halbeath

Really just popped in to say hello to Leeds Phil and yorkieexile but ended up staying for the full 90 minutes as it was such a good game.

Village Park is the old Junior ground of Halbeath who were a really successful side for a spell in the 1980s. In those days it was fully enclosed with a covered shelter along the southern boundary. Today it is open access but it is one of the best venues for Fife Sunday football. The attendance was considerably les than the 1500 who once gathered there for a Scottish Cup tie against Auchinleck Talbot.

West Fife Albion are, I think, a rebranding of the Crystal Bar side from Crossgates. The comments on their Facebook page are certainly very anti-townie so their players must be mainly from Crossgates / Cowdenbeath. The Wheatsheaf is a pub in Kirkcaldy.

Both teams had some very good players considering this is the lower end of the lower division in a low level league. Albion led early when a cross cum shot arrowed into the top corner. However, it was Wheatsheaf who proved to be the stronger side with a succession of goals of varying quality. They had an outstanding player up front who certainly should be playing at a higher level. Perhaps he is, under a different name.

The referee demonstrated a great deal of common sense in handling tricky situations. He was of the grizzled veteran type and I fear that a young ambitious buck would have ruined things with bookings and sendings off.

Leeds Phil and yorkiexeile headed off for games two and three of a treble – another Fife Sunday league game at Dalgety Bay and something at the McDiarmid Park Astro later. I was not tempted.

penny banner
Youth Team Regular

Apr 28, 2019, 5:42 PM

Post #3 of 10 (2742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Sunday 28th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Belle Vue v Hugin Vikings, Thanet Sunday League Div. 2 Cup Final. Kick off: 14.59. Result: 2-0 to B.V. Admission & programme: £1. Attendance: 118.(all sober, unusual for these games)

It's the start of the cup final season in Kents premier tourist destination with this the first of four weeks of top class Sunday action at the magnificent St. Lukes, a proper old football ground that should be on every hoppers bucket list. Two first half goals finished this one with Hugin Vikings having their chances without ever quite looking like getting back into the game The referee ain't ever going to get promoted to the Isthmian League with this sort of timekeeping, all done and dusted by 4.45.

rambler77
First Team Star

Apr 28, 2019, 7:44 PM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #4 of 10 (2467 views)
Shortcut
Re: [penny banner] Sunday 28th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Two local cup finals either side of the A5 with my 2 1/2 year old for company.

1) Hinckley Sunday League Junior Cup Final (10:30am ko)
@ Barwell FC
Admission: £4 inc 4 page programme

Thurlaston Magpies (Sunday) EST 2-2 (10-9 pk's) SS Bulls Head

Decent game with Thurlaston leading twice. Good advert for this struggling Sunday League.

2) Nuneaton Cottage Hospital Cup Final (2pm)
@ The Pingles Stadium, Nuneaton
Admission: £1 inc 4 page programme

Frank Parker 2-0 Poplar Athletic

Didn't think this was as good as the mornings entertainment, despite it being of a supposedly higher standard, with the two teams in the top division of the Nuneaton Sunday League. Two second half goals winning it for FP.

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

Armchair Libero
Youth Team Sub

Apr 28, 2019, 8:42 PM

Team(s): Wigan Athletic, Atherton Collieries

Post #5 of 10 (2296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John Treleven] Sunday 28th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

WORCESTERSHIRE FA SUNDAY JUNIOR CUP - final
Broughsons FC 6 - 2 FC United of Worcester
@ Community Stadium, Pershore
att. approx 200, £3, HT 4-0

Bromsgrove league vs Worcester league in the 2nd tier county cup to round off a festival day of football that started with Kidderminster Harriers Women vs Worcester United Ladies (4-1 to Kidderminster) and followed by Droitwich Spa vs. Malvern Town Res (2-1 to Droitwich) in the Saturday Junior Cup. I saw neither and arrived slightly late after pottering on foot from Worcester.

Broughsons dominated the first half, going in 4-0 up at the break. They had better movement and their defence never seemed in danger of being broached. Shame they were incredibly dirty and their #10 constantly chipping away with his mouth.

FCUW broke from the kick off in the second term and won a penalty after 10 seconds. They buried it, and then added another goal 3 minutes later. Game on! FCUW spurned a couple of golden chances in front of a vibrant crowd heavily leaning toward them.

Then a FCUW striker went down hurt mysteriously. Broughsons gather on the near touchline and I overheard #10 telling his pals boastfully "I just stood on his ankle, it's probably broken". The player was carried off. Total thug.

FCUW stopped troubling the defence and Broughsons eventually reverted to form and buried the game for my second 6-2 of the weekend.

(This post was edited by Armchair Libero on Apr 28, 2019, 8:53 PM)

hipkissexpress
Reserve Team Star

Apr 28, 2019, 8:50 PM

Team(s): Everton

Post #6 of 10 (2272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rambler77] Sunday 28th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

North East Wales FA Challenge Cup Final
(played @ Airbus UK, Broughton)
Gresford Athletic 1-4 Cefn Druids
Admission £5 Programme £1 (60pp covering the full weekend)
Att: 120-ish

This year the North Wales FA decided to play their 10 cup finals over three days culminating in the showpiece final this afternoon.

Cymru Alliance Gresford started the brightest and led after 20 minutes but Premier League Druids levelled after 35 with a goal where the ball just crept over the line. A fair scoreline at the interval.

However the second half was all Cefn Druids as they contolled the game and Gresford struggled to compete with their superior quality. In the end the score could have been more emphatic than it finished.

read my inane ramblings at...
Damage in the Box!
http://groundhoppersdiary.blogspot.com/

follow me on twitter @christopher7590

hotchkiss
First Team Sub

Apr 28, 2019, 9:09 PM

Team(s): wolves,non league

Post #7 of 10 (2195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Armchair Libero] Sunday 28th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

VALENCIA (0) 0 EIBAR (0) 1 Admission 30 euros bought on Saturday at the ground.Att: 35,393.No paperwork. High up behind one goal.Plenty of empty seats with about a dozen Eibar fans in one corner.Eibar scored deep into time added.Great view at the Mestalla although there were plenty of steps to climb.We then caught the metro and about 30 minutes later we arrived at PAIPORTA (0) 0 VILLARREAL 111 (1) 3 Tercera 6.Admission 10 euros.Att: 200.No paperwork..The ground is about a 20 minute wall from the station.Tidy ground with a stand on one side with a few seats in the middle.Opposite is open terrace.On another hot day the visitors were well on top throughout against bottom of the table Paiporta.The home side were reduced to ten men near the end.

(This post was edited by hotchkiss on Apr 28, 2019, 9:11 PM)

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 28, 2019, 10:09 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #8 of 10 (2039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hotchkiss] Sunday 28th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

2.30pm
Gloucestershire County League, Les James League Cup Final at Wick FC
AEK-Boco 0 Little Stoke 0, 1-4 on penalties (att 420)
£3 admission incl programme

No goals in the 90 minutes but excellent entertainment in a full-blooded cup final in which both sides had chances. No extra time so it was straight to a penalty decider, and as Little Stoke had always had a slight edge it was the better side that triumphed.

The final was well hosted by Wick FC. The pitch nearer the clubhouse was used as a car park, the clubhouse busy and there was plenty of catering available for the crowd. The main pitch is railed off and has dugouts. No cover, other than the trees which overhang the touchline on the far side.

On my blog https://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.com/...toke-at-wick-fc.html

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

LeedsPhil
First Team Star

Apr 29, 2019, 1:15 AM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #9 of 10 (1750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Sunday 28th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Fife Sunday Amateur League Division Two
West Fife Albion v Wheatsheaf, 1-7, H.T. 1-3, Att c.10, No admission or anything
At Village Park, Halbeath

Really just popped in to say hello to Leeds Phil and yorkieexile but ended up staying for the full 90 minutes as it was such a good game.

Village Park is the old Junior ground of Halbeath who were a really successful side for a spell in the 1980s. In those days it was fully enclosed with a covered shelter along the southern boundary. Today it is open access but it is one of the best venues for Fife Sunday football. The attendance was considerably les than the 1500 who once gathered there for a Scottish Cup tie against Auchinleck Talbot.

West Fife Albion are, I think, a rebranding of the Crystal Bar side from Crossgates. The comments on their Facebook page are certainly very anti-townie so their players must be mainly from Crossgates / Cowdenbeath. The Wheatsheaf is a pub in Kirkcaldy.

Both teams had some very good players considering this is the lower end of the lower division in a low level league. Albion led early when a cross cum shot arrowed into the top corner. However, it was Wheatsheaf who proved to be the stronger side with a succession of goals of varying quality. They had an outstanding player up front who certainly should be playing at a higher level. Perhaps he is, under a different name.

The referee demonstrated a great deal of common sense in handling tricky situations. He was of the grizzled veteran type and I fear that a young ambitious buck would have ruined things with bookings and sendings off.

Leeds Phil and yorkiexeile headed off for games two and three of a treble – another Fife Sunday league game at Dalgety Bay and something at the McDiarmid Park Astro later. I was not tempted.

As ever, good to cross paths with and be educated by prorege. That one chosen since Halbeath the nearest venue to the only non-11am fixture, 1pm at :

Sky 3-4 Dunfermline Town
Fife Sunday Amateurs Div.2

at Dalgety Bay Sports & Leisure Centre, grass pitch in line with the 3G

h/c 15 eventually, only the 2 of us at KO
f&n

Access is through the leisure centre, out onto an elevated terrace that overlooks the (today unused) 3G nicely, then down to the open grassed area where there are 2 pitches.
The view back over the 3G has the iconic Forth rail bridge as backdrop.

2nd & 3rd in the table, and 2-4 by HT, but I found this one to be nowhere near as captivating as the morning match had been ...until it sprang into life late on. The visitors were deservedly in front and had skied a pen over that would have made it 2-5, but on 87 it was pulled back to 3-4 and suddenly an unjust draw became a possibility, especially when in stoppage time the solo ref missed a home forward kicking the keeper but did see the keeper's retaliation kick at the forward, so awarded a pen. The keeper was understandably livid and looked to me to have talked himself into a red, but the ref was lenient. So pumped up, the keeper saved it magnificently and justice was done, precluding a riot.

The original plan had been just this double today then back to my place, but I had spotted a 4pm conveniently on the way back. yorkieexile is just short of 6000 games, none of which in the women's game, on principle. His initial reluctance to do this third match of the day was outweighed by the temptation of a new venue, plus thinking "but Veteran will never talk to me again" ...made it a definite! Wink

Scottish Womens' Premier League, Div.2
St Johnstone 1-2 Dundee United

3G cage outside McDiarmid Park, Perth

h/c 66
£3 in, prog £2, cuppa tea £1 (trestle table set up in the foyer of the main stadium)

Although only level 2, and mid table, the standard of play and entertainment value was above our expectations. And a prog! It helped that the friendly couple alongside us that we got chatting to were knowledgeable parents of the DU full-back, who comes down from Aberdeen since there's no level 1 or 2 women's football up there. Her colleague the #11 winger Stacey McFadyen was the stand out player - talented footwork and not afraid to get stuck in - lassies fae Dundee are nae shrinking violets!
The hosts opening the scoring with a scrambled effort was against the run of play, but the visitors coming from behind to win gave the right result.
Refreshing to attend a game free from any bad language or dissent despite very young linesboys making some inexperienced bad decisions, over-ruled by the grey-haired ref. Players' mistakes were not criticised by their team-mates, encouragement being the order of the day.
Yorkieexile had to admit that he had enjoyed the experience. Whether he'll now feel the need to complete all the womens' leagues is another question.

An 18 goal tick treble, rounded off with a roast dinner & pint in the Cherrybank, made for a very satisfactory Sunday indeed.

(This post was edited by LeedsPhil on Apr 29, 2019, 1:22 AM)

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 17, 2019, 4:55 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #10 of 10 (184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Sunday 28th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

France, Ligue Centre-Val-de-Loire, Seniors Regional Division 3 (Group A) 3 pm

ACS Dreux Football 1 L’Avenir Ymonville 1 (H/T 1-0)

F & N

Crowd – c. 30

Firstly, in case you’re wondering why there isn’t a WDYG post for Saturday 27th April - the reason is that I was at Oxford United v Doncaster Rovers (2-2) that day, as I always try to attend Oxford United’s last home league game every season, even if it is played on a Saturday when the weather is good. So I had to wait until the following day before being able to tick a new ground, and it also happened to coincide with the only Eurostar daytrip I made all season. This daytrip was to Paris, as it was cheaper than going to Brussels. The train arrived in Paris on time, so I was able to have the opportunity to go to a match outside the capital. Also, I had never travelled on the Paris-Granville railway line before, and Dreux is the first big town on the line if travelling from Paris. I have no idea how long it will take for me to tick the rest of the line, but Granville is the most obvious contender although it can also be reached by ferry from Jersey.

The match was not being played at the town’s main stadium (which has been reported on by Leo when he went there recently) but at a smaller ground, the Stade Joel Cauchon, which is located on the other side of the town centre, about 15-20 minutes walk from the railway station. It is about half-way up a hill, and the area around it may have military connections as the small cul-de-sac (basically little more than a car park) where the entrance is located is called ‘Place du Premier Bataillon d’Eure et Loir’ even though the FFF website just has the main road as the ground’s address. Also, there is a housing estate behind the ground that is enclosed by a barbed wire fence, which suggests that it may be used to house the families of servicemen.

It is a fairly basic ground, but has an unusual covered structure for spectators on top of the small grass bank that runs for the full length of one side of the pitch. This cover has room for just one row of bench seating under it, with seating space for perhaps nearly a hundred. There is a small clubhouse behind one goal and this has a small electronic scoreboard attached to it. Despite this clubhouse being quite modern, the toilet inside was locked, and I was directed to the toilets inside the changing rooms, which are located in an older building further back in the corner. The whole pitch is post and railed, as is normal in France.

The match was a ‘dead rubber’ between teams who were 10th and 9th respectively in the league table, and one of the things that attracted me to this fixture was the unusual name of the visitors, who are based in the village of Ymonville, on the main road from Chartres towards Orleans. The home side took the lead in the 5th minute when the Ymonville keeper accidentally dropped the ball and a home striker quickly pounced to score via an empty net. Not much of note happened in the rest of the first half, but the visitors equalized in the 47th minute from a penalty. I was pleased with the way the whole day went, particularly as the showers that had been forecast for the Paris region (particularly towards the north-east) did not affect Dreux, and I had a punctual journey back home by Eurostar.

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Sep 17, 2019, 4:55 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3