Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: General:
Advice: choosing a game for 20/04

miswell
Reserve Team Star

Apr 19, 2019, 10:39 AM

Team(s): Aylesbury Utd, Tring Athletic, Watford

Post #1 of 3 (917 views)
Shortcut
Advice: choosing a game for 20/04 Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm down at the inlaws in Kent this weekend and trying to decide on a game for Saturday when I head home. I'm hoping the good people of this forum can help. I've been looking at:

Greenwich B v Whyteleafe
Phoenix Sports v Gurnsey
Sevenoaks v Herne Bay
Sittingbourne v Hastings (probably not this one as it's close to the inlaws and might be saved for when time is tight)
Sheppy Utd v Erith Town

Any reason why I should choose one over the others? Any other games you recommend? Many thanks

AndyE
First Team Star

Apr 19, 2019, 1:19 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 3 (836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [miswell] Advice: choosing a game for 20/04 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sheppey is the best ground of those, although neither club is going up or down and so the game might be a bit nothing. Despite being Step 5 against the others mentioned being Step 4, Sheppey are the best supported of the home teams mentioned.

Greenwich Borough are in serious danger of relegation, so possibly a last chance to see at Step 4 level. So are Guernsey, and be aware that their game at Phoenix is a 2.00 kickoff. Both venues are adequate but unremarkable Step 4 grounds.

Sevenoaks is an artificial pitch, and might be better saved for a day when most games are off.

As a Chatham Town supporter I am forbidden by law ever to be nice about Sittingbourne, and I didn't think their ground was actually close to anywhere. It's certainly not close to Sittingbourne! The clubhouse is pretty good, the rest of the ground rather basic. It will probably have the biggest crowd of those mentioned, because Hastings will bring it with them.

miswell
Reserve Team Star

Apr 21, 2019, 11:53 AM

Team(s): Aylesbury Utd, Tring Athletic, Watford

Post #3 of 3 (442 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyE] Advice: choosing a game for 20/04 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Cheers. Went for Sheppy in the end and glad I did. Nice set up, large crowd, cheap beer and a very decent game.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3