INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Monday 15th April 2019

Main Drain Man
Youth Team Star

Apr 15, 2019, 4:48 PM

Team(s): Kingstonian, Ipswich Town, Sheffield United, Rotherham United and East Fife

Post #1 of 9 (2637 views)
Shortcut
Monday 15th April 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Deaf Champions League
Fleetdown United FC, Dartford

Fulham Deaf 3 - 3 P.O.K. Athens Deaf

St Johns Deaf 3 - 1 P.A.O.K Morias Tripoli Deaf

Kick Off; scheduled for 10 a.m. , although the second didn't start until a good 30 minutes later.

Admission Free
Tournament programme £5 for glossy 36 pages
Attendance around 200, most with the teams
Bacon roll and coffee £2.50

You have to get up early to beat Dave56 to a game, unless it's his round Sly (Only joking mate) and so it proved with my promise to take the other half to hospital in the afternoon meaning a ridiculously early rise to do the morning fixtures instead of my intended 2 p.m. ones.

Even by my standards the failure of some players to arrive on time led to me selecting the Fulham fixture as the one to watch, although from my vantage point, I could easily see both so will count this double tick (My rules)

Would put standards between steps 5 and 6 but 2 enjoyable games. St. John's again looked potential champions; cheered on by a gorgeous bulldog puppy in team kit. With Groundhop UK providing my entertainment from Thursday I will only be able to take in group matches but am looking at Metrogas for tomorrow afternoon's fix.

Looking at the tailback from the Dartford Crossing though it seems an ill wind as I doubt, I would have made the afternoon games with the length of the jam.

For those who were querying how the referee controls such games my previous seeing of NFL type of flags has been overtaken with them using standard linesman flags in addition to the whistle.

Hospital duties done; it's back to catch up on my beauty sleep. Cool

Dave 56
First Team Sub

Apr 15, 2019, 9:23 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #2 of 9 (2458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Main Drain Man] Monday 15th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Midland Regional Alliance. Division 1. KO 18:30. (F&N). Crowd 18

Derby Athletic 0 v 3 Willington Reserves

Athletic play at Shobnall Sports and Social Club in Shobnall Road. The pitch is railed on all sides and has a handful of advertising boards. There is hard standing on half of the nearside.

Willington took the lead early on and the referee stamped his authority on the game by booking a Willington player for dissent after 20 minutes. The player then followed through on the keeper just 7 minutes later and received a 2nd yellow, so the visitors were down to 10 men before half time.

Willington picked up a few more yellows in the second period, as well as adding a second goal. The third goal came on 90 minutes and incredibly another saw red in the 6th minute of stoppage time! I think Willington picked up at least 5 yellows and 2 reds.

Athletic still have several home games to play. Anyone interested in visiting should note they are at home on May bank holiday, 6th at 18:30.

ARNOLD241
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 15, 2019, 9:56 PM

Post #3 of 9 (2364 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Monday 15th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Strange that if these are actually Derby lads, why would they travel to Burton to play. I'd have thought there were enough pitches in Derby to meet the needs. This would be the pitch used by the defunct Stretton Eagles. Shame but I think the local youth dispatched the bit of cover that Eagles built.

LeedsPhil
First Team Star

Apr 15, 2019, 10:25 PM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #4 of 9 (2290 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Monday 15th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Kemnay Youth 2-3 Bon Accord City
Aberdeenshire Amateurs, Div 2 East

f&n, h/c 7

From one extreme to the other - crossing the border to Englandshire for 'Scottish' fitba yesterday, and today closest to home yet to tick.

Bogbeth Park is not as unattractive as the name sounds - a one-pitch public park just off my commuting route, ten minutes from both work and home.

On another freezing-wind evening I had hoped it would be more sheltered than doing Kemnay Amateurs on the exposed school astro. But I was wrong. Bitterly cold. There were more Highland cattle in the neighbouring field in their warm-looking shaggy coats than we had brave souls stood pitchside. The ref wore not only gloves but also a bobble hat! After half an hour he asked the away keeper (in orange) to 'change' to green due to the lack of contrast with his red-shirted outfield pals. He jumped at the chance to put on another layer.

The hosts (an adult team, despite their name) are mid-table and the visitors languishing near the bottom, but City came out of the traps immediately, being 0-2 up by the second minute!, 1-2 then 1-3 at the break before the now green-shirted keeper let one squirm through his (frozen?) fingers for 2-3 and an exciting last 15, but they held on.

6:30 start. Despite the overcast skies, no light issues as we finished before five-past 8.
Blummin' glad to get back in the car and get the heater on.

(This post was edited by LeedsPhil on Apr 15, 2019, 10:29 PM)

Dave 56
First Team Sub

Apr 15, 2019, 10:40 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #5 of 9 (2201 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ARNOLD241] Monday 15th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Strange that if these are actually Derby lads, why would they travel to Burton to play. I'd have thought there were enough pitches in Derby to meet the needs. This would be the pitch used by the defunct Stretton Eagles. Shame but I think the local youth dispatched the bit of cover that Eagles built.

----------------------------------Yes, can confirm there is no cover now. Very overgrown, apart from the nearside.

barcud-coch
First Team Star

Apr 15, 2019, 11:33 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2046 views)
Shortcut

Hereford Lads Club 0 Wednesfield 0

County Ground: West Midlands (Regional) League Premier Division

This was my second visit within the space of a week to the County Ground, following on from last Wednesday’s Herefordshire FA Junior Cup, in which Ludlow Colts defeated Ledbury Town Reserves to complete the first part of a league and cup double. This evening’s match provided me with the first opportunity to watch Hereford Lads Club in action since they were knocked-out of the Herefordshire County Challenge Cup by Midland League Third Division club Bartestree back in February. That defeat by their lower-graded opponents ended any hopes that the County Ground club had of claiming any silverware this season. The home team came into this evening’s fixture just above the halfway point in the West Midlands (Regional) League Premier Division table after sharing the points with Dudley sports following a 2-2 draw on Saturday afternoon. Wednesfield found themselves in fifth position in the table after enjoying a 3-0 home victory over Bilston Town Community on the weekend. The Cottage Ground club still harbour hopes of a third-placed finish at the end of the campaign, given that current incumbents Wolverhampton Casuals have now completed their league fixtures, whilst fourth-placed Malvern Town had played one more match than Wednesfield before the start of this evening’s match.

there were very few clear goal scoring chances for either side during the duration of this match played on a firm end of season surface. In fact, the opening exchanges were somewhat of a midfield stalemate as creativity was lacking like shade in the Sahara desert. Lads Club drew a save out of the visiting goalkeeper with a close range effort after a 29th minute free-kick was played into the penalty area. Wednesfield saw a 38th minute shot from the edge of the penalty area deflected for a corner that they saw a header fly wide of the target. The hosts saw a 20 yard half-volley narrowly miss the goal after a swift break down the left flank in first-half stoppage time. The visitors fired wide a goal from the edge of the Lads Club penalty area four minutes after the interval before the hosts saw a 25 yard drive turned over the crossbar by the Wednesfield custodian. The visitors headed wide from a 71st minute free-kick played into the Lads Club penalty area before a low 25 yard deflected drive was smothered by Steve Bell in the home goal nine minutes later. The home players and management thought they had claimed the spoils in stoppage time when a hanging cross was played into the goal mouth and the ensuing header was deemed not to have crossed the line by the match officials despite fervent appeals from the Lads Club contingent. This was a disappointing end of season match and probably would have better staying at home watching Coronation Street this evening!

2018/19 Statistics
Goals: 765
Matches: 170
New Grounds: 16

royals26
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 17, 2019, 3:02 PM

Team(s): Reading

Post #7 of 9 (657 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barcud-coch] Monday 15th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

HELLENIC ONE East

Larges Lane Bracknell Town FC

Wokingham & Emmbrook 2-1 Penn & Tylers Green

Admission: £6 incl. prog

Attendance: Official 79

Directions/Facilities: - regular here but this was actually my first visit this season. 'Sumas' are relocating back to a floodlit Lowther Rd in Emmbrook for 19/20 - a 'local' whom I recognised as a former work associate was keen to let me know that the cabling for the pylons was commencing this week. Smile

Smaller bar room down by the Board Rm was open - main one usually closed for smaller crowds according to the gate-man. Hot food available and other vending machines outside the bar.

Cluster of Portaloos down the far end too.

Match: nip & tuck - P&TG deservedly led at the break and were quicker and smarter on the ball than their hosts. 2nd Half W&E brought on some younger legs and it made the difference. They staged a come-back and pinched the three points - ensuring they will finish in a respectable 6th.
P&TG have one game left (Thu 18th @ 'Diddy' development) and might climb up to 7th.

Visitors not the recent force they were - now they are playing up at Spratley's Meadow (Amersham) - no sign of Andreas - their Sec tonight - I trust he is well and still involved at the club - his mug-shot is on their website. Tongue

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 18, 2019, 11:15 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #8 of 9 (390 views)
Shortcut
Re: [royals26] Monday 15th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Milborne Port 1 Manor Athletic 3 (Yeovil & District League Division 1 Cup) Att: 6 h/c f&n

Another enjoyable affair, if a little lacking in quality at times. Played in the usual good spirit to be found in these parts. Most of the excitement came towards the end, and Manor were deserving winners, I felt. There are two potches at the Memorial Hall, one railed, one not. Very pleasant evening at a friendly and welcoming club. The manager deserves a special mention - he never stopped encouraging his lads throughout. Good stuff.

bd
Youth Team Regular

Apr 18, 2019, 11:21 AM

Team(s): Swindon Supermarine and Reading

Post #9 of 9 (382 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tim] Monday 15th April 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Popped along to see my local whipping boys New College Swindon get beat 5-1 at home by 2nd placed Thornbury Town in the Hellenic League Division 1 West.
Turned up at 19:45 and found nobody manning the doors again so strolled in for free. I think that's happened on all but every one of my 4-5 visits this season.
Thornbury didn't look like a team worthy of second place in the division, NCS were their typically hard working, but ultimately just not at the same level selves. Be interesting to see how it pans out for them next season as to if they go down or it gets restructured or more reprieves within the league.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3