Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: Football in other countries:
Coupe de France 2019-20

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Gricehead
Youth Team Regular

Nov 18, 2019, 4:56 PM

Team(s): Rotherham United, North Leigh, Dinnington Town, Handsworth Parramore

Post #76 of 81 (402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Coupe de France 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Belfort, Thaon and Évreux are the three candidate clubs for trips to Réunion or Guadeloupe in the 8th round. Draw is tomorrow at 14:00 CET.

Rest of the draw is Wednesday at 19:00 CET.

A reminder that if Club Franciscain or Saint Georges are drawn as the "home" side, or as the "away" side to a team two levels or more above them (which I assume means tier 4 in this case - there is no concept of what level the outre-mer leagues are at), they will play their match at a neutral ground "within 100km of Paris".

I also assume that the authorities will keep the two clubs apart when deciding the groups for the draw, but you never know.

Gricehead
Youth Team Regular

Nov 19, 2019, 11:54 AM

Post #77 of 81 (353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gricehead] Coupe de France 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Belfort, Thaon and Évreux are the three candidate clubs for trips to Réunion or Guadeloupe in the 8th round. Draw is tomorrow at 14:00 CET.

Rest of the draw is Wednesday at 19:00 CET.

A reminder that if Club Franciscain or Saint Georges are drawn as the "home" side, or as the "away" side to a team two levels or more above them (which I assume means tier 4 in this case - there is no concept of what level the outre-mer leagues are at), they will play their match at a neutral ground "within 100km of Paris".

I also assume that the authorities will keep the two clubs apart when deciding the groups for the draw, but you never know.

Belfort travel to Guadeloupe, Thaon to Réunion. Évreux are returned to the main draw.

Gricehead
Youth Team Regular

Nov 20, 2019, 3:18 PM

Post #78 of 81 (315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gricehead] Coupe de France 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Ligue 2 clubs all avoided each other in the 8th round draw.

The five clubs from R2 and R3 mostly got very good draws:
Hombourg-Haut v Auxerre
Cournon d'Auvergne v Niort
Côte Chaude St Etienne v Le Puy Foot
Nanterre v Bastia-Borgo
Chilly v Fabrègues

AJ Saint-Georges of French Guiana will be looking for a ground to play against Saint-Pryvé Saint-Hilaire under the new rules - might be one to consider, Leo?

leohoenig
Administrator

Nov 20, 2019, 7:08 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #79 of 81 (291 views)
Shortcut

Yes, I'll look out for that. Of the games you have highlighted, Nanterre seems the most likely, and also likely to stick to its own ground.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

leohoenig
Administrator

Dec 3, 2019, 4:14 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #80 of 81 (174 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

AJ Saint-Georges of French Guiana will be looking for a ground to play against Saint-Pryvé Saint-Hilaire under the new rules - might be one to consider, Leo?

In fact, the game will be played at Saint Pryve Saint Hilaire's Stade du Grand Clos, a ground I visitied last season in the Coupe.

I am now aiming at Reims St. Anne v USL Dunkerque, it appears that Reims overcame a protest from their local rivals after they beat Cormontreuil on penalties. Was this that the numbers did not match the team sheet or was one of the players not on the team sheet?

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Gricehead
Youth Team Regular

Dec 4, 2019, 9:38 PM

Post #81 of 81 (110 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Coupe de France 2019-20 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In fact, the game will be played at Saint Pryve Saint Hilaire's Stade du Grand Clos, a ground I visitied last season in the Coupe.

I am now aiming at Reims St. Anne v USL Dunkerque, it appears that Reims overcame a protest from their local rivals after they beat Cormontreuil on penalties. Was this that the numbers did not match the team sheet or was one of the players not on the team sheet?

Appears to have been that a match shirt went missing before the game, so (in agreement with match officials) a player wore a shirt numbered differently to the one on the team sheet. Challenge was rejected as unfounded.

Just three 8th round games taking place at alternate grounds.
Hombourg-Haut v Auxerre at Sarreguemines
Chilly v Fabrègues at Rumilly
Marssac v Pau at Albi

The St Pryvé v Saint-Georges is an interesting case. It was originally drawn that way, but inversed shortly afterwards (presumably by the two-level rule) but now shows back with St Pryvé at home. Can't find a written explanation anywhere.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3