Home: All Other Football Interests: Women's Football:
The Northants FA Women's Cup

Timbo78
Junior Team Sub

Mar 19, 2019, 9:49 AM

Post #1 of 3 (597 views)
Shortcut
The Northants FA Women's Cup Can't Post or Reply Privately

Further to my post on the EMWFL, does anyone have details for the matches played in this competition from 2011/12 onward please?
The NFA website does have the results, although in some cases they don't seem to have any record of scores, including the occasional final, but they have no other information, such as goal scorers.
There must be a statistician somewhere following women's football as avidly as others have covered the men's game, but I have yet to find one.
Enquiries to the Northants FA about their competition have met with a stony silence, as have all my efforts to get information on the EMWFL from that particular league. Library microfiche records of local papers have helped somewhat, but the County Cup is maddeningly elusive. As recently as 2014/15 there is no trace of matches online or in any record source I have thought of and checked. Enquiries to clubs have drawn blanks, my own club's former manager has been some help, but he didn't keep his records when he left, the club has nothing, the local paper for the opposition side has nothing online and this is my last resort really.
Someone somewhere must have the information I require, it's just finding them. Hence this post.

Barbie
First Team Regular

Apr 8, 2019, 9:39 PM

Team(s): Rye United RIP, Barry Town Utd

Post #2 of 3 (398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Timbo78] The Northants FA Women's Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Some details are available for 12/13 on Full Time (use the old one and search Northamptonshire WFL. The cups drop down has 'County Cup')
Matches, scores and an incomplete set of scorers are on there - Rothwell Corinthians seem well recorded.

Timbo78
Junior Team Sub

Apr 8, 2019, 10:56 PM

Post #3 of 3 (377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barbie] The Northants FA Women's Cup [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks. Unfortunately the team I am looking for didn't appear to provide lineup details to Full Time, but I really appreciate the reply.
The Northants FA have quoted GDPR at me for my requests to them, which is a nonsense but if they don't want to help there's not much to be done.
Thank you.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3