leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 14, 2019, 2:54 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #1 of 10 (6359 views)
Shortcut
Blackpool Can't Post or Reply Privately

https://www.theguardian.com/...k-12-point-deduction

I'm rather surprised to be introducing this thread. I assume Blackpool fans are happy, but this is not over.

I believe that the 12 point penalty is appropriate for any solution that does not include 100% pay out to all creditors, except the Oystons.

The real question for the football authorities is knowing the way the club was being run, would it have been appropriate to take action at some time in the past - effectively deciding that the Oystons were not "fit and proper", even if they passed initial tests?

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 14, 2019, 4:50 AM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #2 of 10 (6342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Blackpool [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If a twelve point deduction were imposed now, it would drop Blackpool down to sixteenth position on 35 points. That would put them level with Walsall, and put them just two points ahead of Gillingham in 21st position, well in the relegation battle.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 14, 2019, 7:33 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #3 of 10 (6308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Blackpool [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Mr Tangerine man must be loving this one and it is a pity he stopped posting on here as I bet he would say relegation would be a small price to pay if it meant the club finally being rid of the Oyston mob!

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 14, 2019, 9:06 AM

Team(s): None

Post #4 of 10 (6278 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Blackpool [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Mr Tangerine man must be loving this one and it is a pity he stopped posting on here as I bet he would say relegation would be a small price to pay if it meant the club finally being rid of the Oyston mob!

He didn't just stop posting. He was banned for directing a tirade of abuse towards a moderator.

jrev61

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 14, 2019, 9:21 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #5 of 10 (6265 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Blackpool [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

He didn't just stop posting. He was banned for directing a tirade of abuse towards a moderator.

------

------

Ah just found the offending posts on a General Election thread!! if only he had stuck to football as he seemed a nice well informed chap.

007Dale
First Team Star

Feb 16, 2019, 5:42 AM

Post #6 of 10 (4124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Blackpool [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It would be consistent and within the rules to deduct the points from Blackpool.

However, itís a bizarre one. They are not going under because of overspending on players etc - quite the opposite, the owners have stripped all of the cash out and Blackpool have underspent for years.

I can see this one both ways, but whatís even more bizarre, the fans want an owner who has already failed the Ďfit and properí test of the FL.

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 20, 2019, 8:36 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #7 of 10 (1243 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Blackpool [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The lesser of two evils, I guess.
I wonder how many people will return after a 5 year boycott and whether this club can ever truly recover

ictoan
First Team Regular

Feb 20, 2019, 11:28 PM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 10 (1151 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Blackpool [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The lesser of two evils, I guess.
I wonder how many people will return after a 5 year boycott and whether this club can ever truly recover

I don't see why not. Brighton & Hove Albion were in much worse trouble. Lost their ground, had to play 70 miles away having narrowly avoided losing their League place. Spent many years having returned to their locality playing in an unsuitable athletics stadium while trying to get planning permission for a new stadium.
Look at them now. A fine stadium, almost capacity crowds and a state of the art training complex. I'm sure Blackpool supporters have the same love of their club as the Albion fans who worked together to spark the revival.

There 'Ant no place like Sussex, until you goes above, 'Cause Sussex will be Sussex and Sussex wunt be druv.

The North begins at Gatwick.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 25, 2019, 8:44 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #9 of 10 (705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ictoan] Blackpool [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Owen Oyston and his daughter Natalie have been removed from the board of Blackpool Football Club Limited and Oyston and fellow director Clive Brooks were removed from the board of Blackpool Football Club (Properties) Limited by the receiver.

(This post was edited by Tykeoldboy on Feb 25, 2019, 8:46 PM)

jon b
First Team Star

Feb 28, 2019, 7:41 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #10 of 10 (418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Blackpool [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'll raise a glass or two or three to that news. Cool

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3