Summer leagues in the UK, 2019

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

pinewoodste
First Team Star

Jun 23, 2019, 11:29 PM

Team(s): Whoever plays Ipswich Town

Post #51 of 65 (1737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinewoodste] Summer leagues in the UK, 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

African Nations Cup UK

I've received details of this years tournament.
At West Ham Memorial Grounds, E15 3DB.

Group A has Uganda, Nigeria, Tanzania & Zambia
Group B has Zimbabwe, Ghana, Cameroon & Liberia

Group winners play in Final (£3000 winners & minimum of £300 for runners up)
Runners up play in 3rd place game & winners get £200.

Any team that abandons matches or get walked over will automatically forfeit prizes.

SAT 29th June group games at 10:30 & 14:00
SUN 30th June group games at 10:30. Then 3rd place game at 14:00 & Final at 15:00.

U18 match between Morocco v Nigeria, date & time ?

simonsm
Youth Team Star

Jun 24, 2019, 12:24 AM

Team(s):

Post #52 of 65 (1715 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Summer leagues in the UK, 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just checking Catforth League fixtures for this coming week and it looks like Sir Tom Finney have pulled out of Divsion 1 leaving just 4 teams.

Their cup game is still scheduled for Thu night but presumably that isn't happening now.

The STF twitter mentioned the Summer team's existence back on May 27th but has not been mentioned since, so don't know why they have pulled out (assuming it is not an error on FT)

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 24, 2019, 12:39 PM

Post #53 of 65 (1659 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinewoodste] Summer leagues in the UK, 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
African Nations Cup UK

Are these proper 90 minute matches?

dottirofhod

Jun 24, 2019, 1:03 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #54 of 65 (1645 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] Summer leagues in the UK, 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Depends if any rule changes , but previously Group games have been 80 mins for Adult games. This is of course IF teams show and punctuality is a sin.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Jun 24, 2019, 1:31 PM)

glossop terrace
Junior Team Star

Jun 25, 2019, 10:03 AM

Team(s): none

Post #55 of 65 (1566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glossop terrace] Summer leagues in the UK, 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

website up and running for Llandyrnog summer league now showing as Summer League Vale of Clwyd.

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 25, 2019, 8:46 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #56 of 65 (1498 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glossop terrace] Summer leagues in the UK, 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not been conscious of this one before but there's a Manchester Summer Cup which has matches on Sundays at various 3G and 4G venues around the city. Staggered kick offs make it possible to see more than one game in a day.

There are three groups of eight followed by knock out rounds. Looks to be a mixture of established (mostly Sunday?) clubs and scratch sides who enter.

Organised by Total Football UK, and on Full Time (search for Total Football, then select Manchester Summer Cup from the drop down competitions list).

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

dottirofhod

Jun 26, 2019, 12:21 AM

Post #57 of 65 (1462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Summer leagues in the UK, 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not forgetting the Essex Summer Cup from the same menu, played in Droylsden.

Looks like a busy summer for you Steve with Leeds & Eccles as well.

3 in a day, you'll have them all flocking in for a fix of Sunday football. Get Spiro to do progs, hey ho.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

simonsm
Youth Team Star

Jun 26, 2019, 12:54 AM

Team(s):

Post #58 of 65 (1454 views)
Shortcut

According to a random web site, last year's Manchester Summer Cup had the Final on 19th August at Hyde United's Ewen Fields ground.
https://www.britishsoccermom.co.uk/...mer-tournament-2018/

Their Facebook page has some match reports of this year's games:
https://www.facebook.com/TotalFootballLeagues/

However I did see a tweet by the Liverpool FA a few weeks ago warning teams not to sign up for the Liverpool Summer Cup as it was not affiliated to them. That doesn't seem to have gone ahead anyway.
https://twitter.com/.../1138401741513224192

I presume the Manchester FA are alright with this one as Barlow Moor Rovers are affiliated to them (I think) and were advertising their intention to play in it, and have played games
https://twitter.com/.../1139308947867951106

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 26, 2019, 9:47 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #59 of 65 (1340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Summer leagues in the UK, 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Not forgetting the Essex Summer Cup from the same menu, played in Droylsden.

Looks like a busy summer for you Steve with Leeds & Eccles as well.

3 in a day, you'll have them all flocking in for a fix of Sunday football. Get Spiro to do progs, hey ho.

Perhaps Iíll do a programme for Sunday Wink

Essex games on grounds in Basildon and South Woodham Ferrers by the look of it, for anyone down south looking for competitive summer football.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 1, 2019, 12:21 AM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #60 of 65 (1168 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
African Nations Cup UK

Any team that abandons matches or get walked over will automatically forfeit prizes.

SUN 30th June group games at 10:30. Then 3rd place game at 14:00 & Final at 15:00.

Has this tournament been scaled down? Was originally supposed to be 20 teams with the final at MacMillan Stadium next Sunday but seems to have been just 8 teams with the tournament already done and dustedShocked.

Dilligaf
Junior Team Star

Jul 4, 2019, 4:33 PM

Team(s):

Post #61 of 65 (1039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Summer leagues in the UK, 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
African Nations Cup UK

Has this tournament been scaled down? Was originally supposed to be 20 teams with the final at MacMillan Stadium next Sunday but seems to have been just 8 teams with the tournament already done and dustedShocked.

I went on the Saturday. Yes there were two groups of four teams competing as listed.Apparently not quite as disorganised as in previous years .The downsizing of the event probably helped.
Four full size pitches were used at the Memorial Ground in West Ham. Three being grass and one artificial.
First one for me was Liberia 1 Zimbabwe 7 in Group B which was scheduled to kick off at 11.00 am but actually started at 11.14 on the allocated grass pitch 3 .Full 90 mins played with three officials in attendance. Fairly impressive standard of play with Zimbabwe being a particularly skillful side.

Second match i witnessed was the Group A encounter between Nigeria and Uganda which ended 1-1 played on grass pitch 2. The second matches were due to kick off at 2.30 pm but all were at least 15 mins late in starting.

I have no idea if the competition was completed on the Sunday.

An interesting experience to attend as a spectator.There were quite a few at the event but not that many actually watched the matches.

glossop terrace
Junior Team Star

Jul 6, 2019, 8:14 AM

Team(s): none

Post #62 of 65 (906 views)
Shortcut

shield draw for vale of clwyd summer league on website

dottirofhod

Jul 17, 2019, 11:39 AM

Post #63 of 65 (750 views)
Shortcut

NESFA.

Haven @ Barclay Pk / Dales Pk until they move to their own park in St Fergus.

===========================================

Apparently the pitches in Peterhead are in a state so this morning Haven FC have asked the league if they could stage games at St Fergus where the pitch is good.

Alas the dressing rooms are not finished so Haven have asked the league if teams could change in Peterhead and travel to St Fergus to play the game ? It's only 5 miles.

simonsm
Youth Team Star

Jul 17, 2019, 10:43 PM

Team(s):

Post #64 of 65 (703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simonsm] Summer leagues in the UK, 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm going to be in the Catforth League catchment area next Thu evening if all goes according to plan... Checking the fixtures, it looks like there are 2 cup finals left:

Baron Cup Final - Wyresdale Rangers v Plungington
Parkinson Cup Final - Myerscough Blues v Waverley

Venues, Dates, KOs all to be confirmed. Does anyone know if one will be on Thursday night (25 July)?

There's also a number of TBCs league fixtures - 6 in total. Hopefully something will turn up!

simonsm
Youth Team Star

Jul 21, 2019, 8:36 PM

Team(s):

Post #65 of 65 (580 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simonsm] Summer leagues in the UK, 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just found out that the Baron Cup Final was yesterday, despite no promotion from the league or the teams, and the fixture is not even on the FT site or the league's Facebook site.

Don't know what the score was or anything. Still trying to work out what is going on / went on with the Parkinson Cup Final also.

EDIT : Bit more info...

Plungington won the Baron Cup comprehensively against Wyresdale Rangers (score unknown). Match was either Friday night or Sat afternoon.

Myerscough Blues beat Waverley 6-2 in the Parkinson Cup Final on Friday night.

Both games were at Pool Foot Farm.

However, it looks like in Div 1 Treales pulled out and have had their fixtures expunged.... leaving the Division with just THREE teams finishing - Great Eccleston, Plungington & Freckleton, so all games done.

Of the two Div 2 fixtures now left to play, it looks like Wyresdale Rangers v Springfields is now scheduled for Tue 23rd. Ribchester v Fulwood Park Rangers is TBC. Teams are only playing each other once each in this Div.

(This post was edited by simonsm on Jul 21, 2019, 9:11 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3