Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
EU Withdrawal Negotiations

First page Previous page 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 Next page Last page  View All

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 10, 2019, 10:13 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #2801 of 2900 (2562 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Incidentally Tusk was right .The special place in Hell for some brexiteers leaving with no thought of a plan would be too good for them! Just for the record Tusk spent 8 years working as a labourer fighting communist oppression in Poland as he was blacklisted by the communist government due to his political activism

Thought That was worthy of a mention just incase someone throws up the "Brussels Elite" argument

ELITE

MAN OF THE PEOPLE

Yatesman
Reserve Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 7:08 AM

Team(s):

Post #2802 of 2900 (2366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Incidentally Tusk was right .The special place in Hell for some brexiteers leaving with no thought of a plan would be too good for them! Just for the record Tusk spent 8 years working as a labourer fighting communist oppression in Poland as he was blacklisted by the communist government due to his political activism

Thought That was worthy of a mention just incase someone throws up the "Brussels Elite" argument

ELITE

MAN OF THE PEOPLE

How times have changed.

Now Tusk is one of those elitists wanting to impose undemocratic and authoritarian rule over his subjects.

Obviously learned a lot from the communists.

Yatesman
Reserve Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 7:15 AM

Team(s):

Post #2803 of 2900 (2360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
Dave is allowed to vote and he voted Leave

https://twitter.com/...966760628404224?s=09

I know many Remainers who voted stay because they wanted to keep the Status Quo despite the EU clearly stating it wants to accelerate 'Ever Closer Union' , create a conscripted EU army and expects every nation to adopt the Euro..............amongst other EuroExtremist ideals.

That's not exactly Status Quo is it, so how thick, deluded or misinformed are they ?
I voted remain and I am in favour of greater European integration. It's a position I hold after considering various alternatives. Am I also thick, deluded and / or misinformed?

I don't know too much about you to offer a judgement, we've never met and spent any time together or had a meaningful conversation.
With regard to your reference to my post you can see, if you re read it properly , that I was referring to those who thought Remain meant 'Status Quo' i.e. nothing changing, of which there were millions.
You are happy to see the EU take over UK sovereignity completely and control every aspect of daily life with no meaningful input from the UK population.
There's a different word reserved for people who want that to unfold

Yatesman
Reserve Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 7:22 AM

Team(s):

Post #2804 of 2900 (2355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I know many Remainers who voted stay because they wanted to keep the Status Quo despite the EU clearly stating it wants to accelerate 'Ever Closer Union' , create a conscripted EU army and expects every nation to adopt the Euro..............amongst other EuroExtremist ideals.

That's not exactly Status Quo is it, so how thick, deluded or misinformed are they ?

TBH, I'm more concerned about them forcing us to drive on the right hand side of the road or having to adopt French or German as our first language which you forgot to mention!

That's a daft thing to say. I never put that because I don't believe that and I have never said that.
You can't make a political point by putting false words in a person's mouth.
By doing that you lose all credibility and are, effectively, lying through your back teeth because you are struggling to counter my point.

Yatesman
Reserve Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 7:30 AM

Team(s):

Post #2805 of 2900 (2344 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
I will try to be a bit cuter with my disdain for the anti-democratic element in society!

Bring on the incredibly democratic free and fair referendum once we know what Brexit will mean.

That doesn't even make sense.

There has to be a Brexit first , in order that the decision of the electorate is honoured.

If we have another referendum before then please explain how 17.4 million Leave voters can be incentivised not to boycott when the result of the 2016 referendum has been ignored and denied.

Your call for a 2nd referendum is farcical, possibly even puerile........' ( stamps feet, slaps palms on hips )I didn't win! It isn't fair, We have to do it again, boo hoo ( tugs at own hair)'

Of course it makes sense. It’s just that you don’t understand it.

We hold a referendum on the Brexit terms as at 29 March. Article 50 is suspended until the outcome of the referendum.

17.4 million Leave voters no longer exist. Around a million are dead and a similar number have defected.

The incentive is Brexit. If they don’t vote they lose by default. If they vote, they lose anyway. Oh, I see your point.

You really aren’t much of a democratic, are you.

No, I understand.

I t's just that I disagree.

I see a 2nd referendum as a disingenuous ploy to deny the result of the 2016 plebiscite.

Be honest for once and admit it.

The only way another referendum would have relevance would be if it had two options..........May's deal or No Deal.

Personally, I think the Gov't was tasked to deliver the result. They should be supported in that endeavour.

The best way to prove you support democracy is to honour an election result.

prorege

Feb 11, 2019, 8:03 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #2806 of 2900 (2320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I voted remain and I am in favour of greater European integration. It's a position I hold after considering various alternatives. Am I also thick, deluded and / or misinformed?

I don't know too much about you to offer a judgement, we've never met and spent any time together or had a meaningful conversation.
With regard to your reference to my post you can see, if you re read it properly , that I was referring to those who thought Remain meant 'Status Quo' i.e. nothing changing, of which there were millions.
You are happy to see the EU take over UK sovereignity completely and control every aspect of daily life with no meaningful input from the UK population.

Yes, I'm very much in favour of a European Federation. In that scenario the regions of Europe, including England and Scotland as separate members could have significant devolved powers while working within a single economic and political framework.

And yes, I did read your post. If you ready my post properly you would see that is why I inserted an "also" into my last sentence to indicate that I understood the position I was espousing was not identical to the one you gave.

PaulC

Feb 11, 2019, 8:30 AM

Post #2807 of 2900 (2301 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

"The greatest loss for Europe will be Scotland"
https://www.freitag.de/...y-ohne-e-geschrieben

jrev61

Feb 11, 2019, 8:38 AM

Team(s): None

Post #2808 of 2900 (2292 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Only a temporary loss I suspect.

jrev61

jon b
First Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 10:22 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #2809 of 2900 (2208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yatesman] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Not one word but two.

Brexiter Fantasy.

PaulC

Feb 11, 2019, 10:35 AM

Post #2810 of 2900 (2184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

‘Brexit has brought us to a great moment in our history. A moment when we must strengthen our global presence, enhance our lethality and increase our mass.”

Gavin Williamson, Defence Secretary.

He has all the qualities needed to be the next Chris Grayling.

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 11, 2019, 10:54 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #2811 of 2900 (2179 views)
Shortcut

If he wants Brexit to increase our lethality, then perhaps he should be health secretary.
In the meantime, my wife has suggested I should reduce my mass, so I may not help him in the short term there

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Into the nervous 90s. 91 - Voltigeurs de Chateaubriant

Yatesman
Reserve Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 1:19 PM

Team(s):

Post #2812 of 2900 (2097 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Said with tongue firmly in cheek.

The EU's ideal Brexit punishment for the UK is it's break up.

This sort of article is obviously part of that agenda as is it's position on the Uk/ Eire border

Yatesman
Reserve Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 1:25 PM

Team(s):

Post #2813 of 2900 (2090 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
‘Brexit has brought us to a great moment in our history. A moment when we must strengthen our global presence, enhance our lethality and increase our mass.”

The word 'lethality' is a bit scary for snowflake types but there can be little douBT the UK will need to increase the capability and effectiveness of it's armed forces as it looks to globalise it's footprint post Brexit.......

Wouldn't want to be accused of being a 'Little Englander', and increasing our influence and affluence through aid and trade is the way forward.

jrev61

Feb 11, 2019, 4:27 PM

Team(s): None

Post #2814 of 2900 (2032 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

The word 'lethality' is a bit scary for snowflake types but there can be little douBT the UK will need to increase the capability and effectiveness of it's armed forces as it looks to globalise it's footprint post Brexit.......

Wouldn't want to be accused of being a 'Little Englander', and increasing our influence and affluence through aid and trade is the way forward.

Are you suggesting we send gunboats to force countries to trade with us, or to get back our former colonies?
Even by your standards this is a lunatic post. Were you expelled from the ERG for being too extreme?

jrev61

PaulC

Feb 11, 2019, 5:19 PM

Post #2815 of 2900 (2004 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

I can't quite believe I'm reading this.

Are you suggesting future trade deals, after we have turned our back on the biggest free trade partnership in the world, will be reliant on the effectiveness of our armed forces?

Williamson is on a par with Grayling ... but with bombs rather than pizzss .

Yatesman
Reserve Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 5:53 PM

Team(s):

Post #2816 of 2900 (1986 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Are you suggesting we send gunboats to force countries to trade with us, or to get back our former colonies?
Even by your standards this is a lunatic post. Were you expelled from the ERG for being too extreme?

Are you asking a question or making a statement?

I love the way you completely misrepresent a post and then lose your marbles over your lack of comprehension.....hilarious in the extreme .........

Btw I'll not bother answering/responding to the detail of your quite pathetic question / statement. It really is THAT wide of the mark.

Yatesman
Reserve Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 6:02 PM

Team(s):

Post #2817 of 2900 (1982 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I can't quite believe I'm reading this.

Are you suggesting future trade deals, after we have turned our back on the biggest free trade partnership in the world, will be reliant on the effectiveness of our armed forces?

Williamson is on a par with Grayling ... but with bombs rather than pizzss .

That's because you are not reading it............Nevermind.

You're too quick to go into moral indignation mode to have a grown up conversation..

Your permanant state of fizzing affrontery is quite tedious.

My post quite clearly said 'aid and trade' .

Yatesman
Reserve Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 6:10 PM

Team(s):

Post #2818 of 2900 (1977 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yes, I'm very much in favour of a European Federation. In that scenario the regions of Europe, including England and Scotland as separate members could have significant devolved powers while working within a single economic and political framework.

And yes, I did read your post. If you ready my post properly you would see that is why I inserted an "also"
my last sentence to indicate that I understood the position I was espousing was not identical to the one you gave.

So I think that makes you an extremist.

Chances of you getting the European Empire that suits you is very slim however.

The Germans, Spanish and French will never devolve their distinct regions such as Catalan , Corsica,The Basque country, Brittany, Schleswig-Holsten or Bavaria etc and it ewasn't too long ago the Spanish called the Scottish referendum a 'Torpedo in the Heart of Europe'

town ender
Youth Team Sub

Feb 11, 2019, 7:05 PM

Team(s):

Post #2819 of 2900 (1940 views)
Shortcut

I’d venture that there’s much more support for the idea of a federal Europe than you might expect. It’s certainly not an ‘extremist’ view, just a question we haven’t been asked.

Yatesman
Reserve Team Star

Feb 11, 2019, 7:34 PM

Team(s):

Post #2820 of 2900 (1914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [town ender] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I’d venture that there’s much more support for the idea of a federal Europe than you might expect. It’s certainly not an ‘extremist’ view, just a question we haven’t been asked.

No, I fully understand the support.

I absolutely doubt the ability to deliver.

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 12, 2019, 3:14 AM

Post #2821 of 2900 (1801 views)
Shortcut

Meanwhile, its not a bang but a whimper - as the country slows down its economy

https://www.theguardian.com/...as-uk-economy-stalls

This is really what we should have expected all along.

Fat AND Pompous.

Yatesman
Reserve Team Star

Feb 12, 2019, 7:04 AM

Team(s):

Post #2822 of 2900 (1763 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Meanwhile, its not a bang but a whimper - as the country slows down its economy

https://www.theguardian.com/...as-uk-economy-stalls

This is really what we should have expected all along.

Gosh,.........Not a mention of Armageddon, The Sky Falling In or a return to the Stone Age.

I'm impressed.

Yes, this IS exactly what you should have expected. All the Project Fear nonsense of negative growth and mass unemployment predicted by our most eminent financial 'experts' have proven wholly false.

Still, fair play to The Guardian. They have tried to extract as much negative and political capital from these figures as they dared and it actually took them 20 paragraphs to state the fact that this minor slow down exactly mirrors events in the World and the EU economy.

Imagine the scale of the boost to the economy should our incompetent and destructive politicians actually get their act together and act in the nation's interest.

007Dale
First Team Star

Feb 12, 2019, 8:34 AM

Post #2823 of 2900 (1728 views)
Shortcut

Probably the saddest indictment of our politicians today is the headline from the Times.

Despite the ineptitude of our present Government, a YouGov survey declares the Tories would win a majority if a GE was held today (no I don’t hold any stall by opinion polls, but i know some on here worship them like Gods).

If it really is true, what does it say about our official opposition?

Matty
Reserve Team Star

Feb 12, 2019, 11:18 AM

Team(s): All things Derbyshire

Post #2824 of 2900 (1671 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Had a look at our former colonies recently?
Think we should take them back and take over the EU as well. Well unless you like dictators.

Ok that is tongue in cheek, well partly

(This post was edited by Matty on Feb 12, 2019, 11:22 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 12, 2019, 11:42 AM

Post #2825 of 2900 (1655 views)
Shortcut

For those that do not bother to read the article, that is not what it says
The full paragraph referred to by Yatesman is
While the slowdown mirrors a loss of momentum in the world economy, including a deterioration in the eurozone, most analysts believe that unique challenges from Brexit have further hindered UK growth.
Much more to the point, the report consistently makes the point that Brexit without a deal will have a significantly worse effect on the economy than accepting a deal. This is not an opinion piece, but reports relying most of all on a Treasury select committee and headed by quotes from the (Conservative) chairman of the committee

Fat AND Pompous.

First page Previous page 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3