Feb 10, 2019, 1:56 PM

Post #1 of 1 (7616 views)
Shortcut
Netherlands trip 07-08 Feb 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

Friday 8th February 2019
Netherlands Erstedivisie (second tier)
Telstar 1963 0 RKC Waalwijk 0
Admission:- 10.50 Programme:- free

A 5 flight to Eindhoven was not to be missed so it was just a case of where to go . Telstar was picked for no particular reason probably because they were not playing a second team.
20 mins bus ride from Haarlem station.

Arrived in time to buy a ticket from a kiosk in a carpark. The grounds has 3 stands a main stand with corporate boxes a popular stand with a small section of standing and a small stand for the visitors behind the goal.

A couple of beers were partaken in a warm fans area before taking a seat in the stand.

Lots of effort in the first half in heavy wind and rain the visitors shading it but not managing to convert any chances.

After the break Telstar gave it a real go but Waalwijk were too sharp and once they opened the scoring the result was never in doubt and it seemed to be how many Waalwijk could score.

My Netherlands weekend trip continued with an easy Rotterdam area double on Saturday 09 February 2019

Tweede Divisive
BVV Barendrecht 0 De Treffers 3
Admission 9 euros
Programme 1 euro
Beer 2 euros
Admission 300.

A quick train journey from Rotterdam Central to Barendrecht and about a 15 mins walk to the ground.
The ground is part of a sports complex in fact another game was in progress on a pitch next to.the ground.
Just a main stand and hard standing everywhere else.
Barendrecht started well but early chances didn't go in. De Treffers took a first half lead.
After the break De Treffers were in control early in the second half and then the home side lost a man who got dissent for abuse to the officials and De Treffers scored two goals with no reply.

Game 2
Eredivisie
Feyenoord 4 Dear Graafschap 0
Admission 25 euros print at home ticket
Programme free
Badge 5 euros
No refreshments taken due to token system hate this system don't want to buy 14.25 worth of refreshments.

After a little rest in my hotel near Rotterdam Blaak station I joined a football special to.the ground within 10 mins I was in the ground.
Screens on the concourses were showing Ajax losing away much to home fans supporters delight.
The ground was very impressive although seats snug together. Some of the songs played and sung created a good atmosphere. I was not impressed to be joined by a group of drunk English guys whos vocabulary was very choice and all they wanted to do was smoke take selfies and ring their mates. Thankfully only two of them appeared for the second half. Made me so proud to be English !
The game was very onesided De Graafschap were dreadful and Feyenoord won at a canter.
Got a train quickly after the game and was soon back in my hotel.
A very pleasant trip dispute the weather.

New Grounds 2018/19 :34
Total Games : 45
Total Goals : 136
Av Goals Per Game : 3:02
Last new Ground: 09/02/19 Feyenoord 4 De Graafschap 0
LAST NEW WETHERSPOONS -1005 St Pancras

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3