Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Vitoria Setubal advice

andy14044
Junior Team Sub

Jan 26, 2019, 9:14 PM

Post #1 of 6 (4056 views)
Shortcut
Vitoria Setubal advice Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi there,

Making my annual Portuguese football pilgrimage this week. Benfica’s game now being moved to Tuesday frees me up for Vitoria Setubal v Sporting on Wednesday night. Guessing getting tickets on the day for the vast majority of Setubal matches is easy enough but am I likely to encounter more difficulties for a bigger game like this?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Andy

Strad
Junior Team Regular

Jan 31, 2019, 11:01 AM

Post #2 of 6 (3668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andy14044] Vitoria Setubal advice [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi,
I went to a similar game last month for Setubal v Benfica. Absolutely no problem at all getting tickets on the day / night of the game. I went to the first ticket booth I saw and was sold a ticket no problem.....the only thing was I was in the Benfica section although I was hoping to be in the home end. My mistake was to go to the ticket booth at the entrance to the away section without realising ( to the south of the stadium) but you can go to other booths around the ground that sell tickets for that area of the ground so do your homework where you want to sit and head to that part of the ground.
Enjoy !

andy14044
Junior Team Sub

Jan 31, 2019, 4:44 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3570 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Strad] Vitoria Setubal advice [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hi,

I did exactly the same thing as you without realising! Ended up buying a ticket for the Sporting end! Easily done without knowing!

Andy

Strad
Junior Team Regular

Feb 1, 2019, 11:05 AM

Post #4 of 6 (3332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andy14044] Vitoria Setubal advice [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It happens to the best of us then !! Sorry, I didn't see your post until it was too late...Hope you enjoyed your trip and your 90 minutes with the Sporting fans !

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 1, 2019, 11:33 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #5 of 6 (3320 views)
Shortcut

Over 4,000 more on for the Benfica game and still way short of capacity , there's still only the 2 games which cause ticket problems in Portugal ? .

I know people not able to get in both games but years ago , nowadays ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 1, 2019, 12:41 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #6 of 6 (3285 views)
Shortcut

Went to a 'superior' booth at Sporting many years ago and they were selling tickets for behind the goal only (game was against Benfica and purchased day before fixture took place)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3