Scheduled Forum Downtime: Sat 12th Jan 2019

steve walker
Administrator

Jan 11, 2019, 5:41 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 2 (8950 views)
Shortcut
Scheduled Forum Downtime: Sat 12th Jan 2019 Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have recently managed to get hold of an updated (and final) version of the forum software from the Developers that as far as I know was never publicly released.
It should fix some bugs including the one that makes it difficult to include a quote in a reply in modern browsers. I say SHOULD as I don't know... there is no changelist with the updated version and nobody really seems to know what changed.
Since I don't at the moment plan to take in a match tomorrow I'm planning to have a go at this upgrade tomorrow around 2pm as the forum isn't busy at that time (you are all at games!). That may change but at the moment that is the plan!
I need to take the forum offline so I can back everything up and to prevent changes to the database. If all goes well it shouldn't be more than an hour. Things may be broken such as page layouts when the site comes back online, just bear with me I will fix them quickly. None of the data or posts will be lost as I will backup the database.

Note this affects the forum only, the main results/fixtures/tables part of the site will not be affected.
Cheers.... Steve

steve walker
Administrator

Jan 12, 2019, 3:53 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 2 (8508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Scheduled Forum Downtime: Sat 12th Jan 2019 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The file backups are taking way too long and won't be completed for at least another hour, just when the forum starts to get busy again.
I will postpone this update for now.
Steve

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3