Saturday 1st December 2018

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

totallyuntamed
First Team Star

Dec 2, 2018, 8:10 PM

Team(s): Coventry City

Post #51 of 68 (7015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Feversham Lens] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I stand corrected. Thanks Mr Lens. Certainly the stand had a 1930s look to it.

"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Milletts".

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Dec 2, 2018, 8:20 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #52 of 68 (7003 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KevinW] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Park View 0 v 5 Winslow Utd Spartan South Midlands League Div 1 Adm & Prog £5 Coffee £2 Att 25
Had originally considered going to Codicote where Bagman was also considering, though with the wet weather i thought there was a good chance it would be Off and so it was confirmed by Bagman about 1.30pm, by then i had decided on the 3G at the New River Stadium where Park View play. The ground is located in White Hart Lane in North London just down the road from Haringey Borough and is served by the W3 bus from Wood Green tube station. The ground has a athletics track round it but also a big elevated stand and some terracing on the far side, there is also a Cafe in the far corner. Club officials come round and collect your money and dish out the progs shortly before kick off.
I watched the game with Russ the Wycombe fan, Kick off was 7 minutes late for no good reason and Winslow started quickly scoring twice and also missing some good chances, the home team got back into the game but all they had to show for their efforts was 3 yellow cards. A 20 minute half time saw the second half kick off at 4.15pm, things got progressively worse for the home team as they accumulated more yellow cards including a second yellow for one of their subs, before conceding a penalty and going 3-0 down. A goalkeeping error handed Winslow their fourth and the home keeper nearly handed Winslow their fifth, before Park View's second sub got 2 quick yellow cards and his marching orders, shortly afterwards someone from the home bench had too much to say and was also dismissed, Winslow wrapped the scoring just before the end heading home from a corner, despite the numerous second half stoppages, the referee only added on 3 minutes at the end, i suspect he had got fed up with the home team who could easily have lost 1 or 2 more players to second yellows.

Karb
First Team Regular

Dec 2, 2018, 8:32 PM

Team(s): Sunderland AFC, Keighley Cougars RL

Post #53 of 68 (6957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Cup 2nd Round
Walsall 1-1 Sunderland

Even as a Sunderland supporter, this wasnít a particularly appetising game, particularly as we had played our league fixture at Bescot only seven days earlier, but I was busy in Birmingham until 1pm so needed something local, and team loyalty won the day.

Itís around 15 years since my last visit to Bescot and, from memory, it hasnít changed much at all. With a crowd of little over 3,000 there was plenty of space today.

The game was fairly dull, Sunderland had the better of the first half, Walsall dominated the second but, overall, a draw was probably the right result.

"People do not have moments of truth in station waiting rooms"

RussWWFC
First Team Star

Dec 2, 2018, 8:37 PM

Team(s): Wycombe Wanderers

Post #54 of 68 (6938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Park View 0 v 5 Winslow Utd Spartan South Midlands League Div 1 Adm & Prog £5 Coffee £2 Att 25
Had originally considered going to Codicote where Bagman was also considering, though with the wet weather i thought there was a good chance it would be Off and so it was confirmed by Bagman about 1.30pm, by then i had decided on the 3G at the New River Stadium where Park View play. The ground is located in White Hart Lane in North London just down the road from Haringey Borough and is served by the W3 bus from Wood Green tube station. The ground has a athletics track round it but also a big elevated stand and some terracing on the far side, there is also a Cafe in the far corner. Club officials come round and collect your money and dish out the progs shortly before kick off.
I watched the game with Russ the Wycombe fan, Kick off was 7 minutes late for no good reason and Winslow started quickly scoring twice and also missing some good chances, the home team got back into the game but all they had to show for their efforts was 3 yellow cards. A 20 minute half time saw the second half kick off at 4.15pm, things got progressively worse for the home team as they accumulated more yellow cards including a second yellow for one of their subs, before conceding a penalty and going 3-0 down. A goalkeeping error handed Winslow their fourth and the home keeper nearly handed Winslow their fifth, before Park View's second sub got 2 quick yellow cards and his marching orders, shortly afterwards someone from the home bench had too much to say and was also dismissed, Winslow wrapped the scoring just before the end heading home from a corner, despite the numerous second half stoppages, the referee only added on 3 minutes at the end, i suspect he had got fed up with the home team who could easily have lost 1 or 2 more players to second yellows.

Was good to meet you, my blog (and video of 4 of the goals) here http://footygrounds.blogspot.com/...-sports-stadium.html

Visit my Blog - The Wycombe Wanderer
Follow me on Twitter @RussWWFC

SKY BLUE TAT
Youth Team Regular

Dec 2, 2018, 9:06 PM

Team(s): coventry city ,leicester tigers, coventry bees, leicestershire ccc

Post #55 of 68 (6833 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RussWWFC] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

National league North.
Nuneaton Borough v Blyth Spartans. 1-3.
Admission £ 12
Attendance. 563

Nuneaton stay rooted to the bottom of the table as their poor season continues with another defeat. Both teams had chances in a very open first half. Blyth took the lead on 26 minutes when a poor punch from keeper Belford fell to the feet of Dan Maguire who finished well from inside the 18 yard box. Borough almost equalised when Angus hit the post just before half time.
Half Time .0-1
The game was over after 5 second half minutes when Blyth made it 3-0. First Rivers found the back of the net on 46 mins and Maguire got his 2nd on 50 minutes. Nuneaton got a consolation on 85 minutes when the Blyth keeper cleared the ball straight at a Boro player and it rebounded towards the net ,Angus made sure finishing from in front of goal. Full Time. 1-3.

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Dec 2, 2018, 10:03 PM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #56 of 68 (6681 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SKY BLUE TAT] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hellenic League Division 2 West

Radcot Rosd, Clanfield

Clanfield 85 Dev 0(0) Moreton Rangers 4(3)

Red Shirts & Shorts White Shirts / Black Shorts

Attendance 16 H/C

Admission Free No Programmes Badge £1

Hot Drinks £1

A text message from the helpful Clanfield secretary in the morning confirmed the game was on but the kick off was brought forward to 14:00 an hour earlier than advertised. I arrived at a very pot hole filled car park about half an hour before the kick off. The bar was open with hot and cold drinks on sale.The only food available was crisps and chocolate. Outside the bar a small old seated stand provides cover.

Rangers comfortably won the game against a youthful Clanfield Development Side to go top of the table with goals from Jarvis, Brooks, Wallace & Newbould.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 2, 2018, 10:42 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #57 of 68 (6568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sheffgeoff] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Vase 3 : Bearsted 3 Steyning Town 2 aet. (2-2 90 mins) Admission £7/£4 including programme. Attendance : 181

This was a terrific tie between two evenly-matched sides that swung to and fro with some superb goals adorning the occasion. Steyning, a step lower in the pyramid, took a very early lead from distance that was more than matched by a spectacular equaliser. The visitors keeper made a number of key saves to keep his side in it but a well-worked header on 82 minutes looked like putting Bearsted through until virtually the last kick when a fabulous free-kick came back off the bar for Steyning to level things up again and send their 100 travelling supporters wild. Sadly the same combination as the second goal resulted in another headed goal in the second period of extra time and this time there was to be no coming back. Great entertainment played in excellent spirit on a slick greasy pitch.
My fellow traveller for this was catchagogoal and having departed from B32 at 10.30 we pitched up at the ground three hours later allowing time for an all-day breakfast ( 5 items with a brew and toast £4.99) at the almost-adjacent White Horse whose nod to ale began and ended at Doom Bar. Bearsted actually play in the village of Otham, on the fringes of Maidstone and there are fears that the village may well to all intents and purposes disappear as a 300-house development is under construction right next to the ground which will completely change the character of the place which is accessed only by narrow country lanes at present. Whether this is good news for the club or not will be revealed in due time, but at present the ground is located down a wide bumpy track with a good-sized car park behind the club buildings which are mainly temporary in nature. There is a seated atcost and a 4-step terraced atcost further on where we encountered Dribble of this parish. The rest of the ground is flat standing which, off the narrow pathway, was extremely squelchy. There is also a cosy clubhouse which did a wide range of food that had me regretting the White Horse breakfast (which was good) but I managed to squeeze down a steak pie at half-time (£2.50). Only bottled fizz available.
Given the two coachloads from Steyning, I was surprised at the announced attendance as we figured there could be about 100 more in the ground but there was muted cheering for the home goals and we were told that the attendance was affected by Maidstone's FA Cup te against Oldham only two miles up the road. The weather didn't help either and forecasts that the rain would pass over shortly after lunch were way off beam. The exuberant Steyning bunch took their disappointment well, even the one who went a-o-t on the slippery surrounds; I have to add that the pitch played extremely well given the conditions.
Decided to put some miles on the clock before our beer stop which was only 20 miles from home at the Coach and Horses, home of Weatheroak Hill Brewery which had some wonderful ales, a roaring log fire and a drop-dead gorgeous barmaid. Super day out with key in door about ten.

EDIT : I meant to include a comment about the programmes. Catchagogoal bought two for £4 when we arrived before adjourning to the pub. When we came back, programmes were found to be included in the admission and when he pointed out that he'd already effectively paid £2 toward the admission cost, he was told in no uncertain terms that it would still be £4 to come in....with another programme given. Strange......
And a belated hello to dribble; good to make your acquintance sir but could have done without seeing topless photos of you on my colleague's phone; some kind of military induction ceremony or other, he said..........Cool

(This post was edited by buncranaboy on Dec 2, 2018, 11:18 PM)

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 2, 2018, 11:48 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #58 of 68 (6368 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Premier League
Manchester City 3-1 AFC Bournemouth
Attendance 54,409
Ticket £30 - Programme £3

Unlike Cherries' three previous visits to the Etihad (losing 5-1 and 4-0 twice) this time we gave City a contest despite falling behind on 15 minutes when Leroy Sane beat Asmir Begovic to a loose ball cutting back for Bernardo Silva to shoot into an empty net. Cherries didn't let their heads drop after this setback and grew in confidence as the first half wore on and a good spell of pressure was rewarded with a superb header from Callum Wilson to send the two sides in level at the break. City stepped up a gear in the second half and goals from Sterling (the 6th consecutive game he has scored against us) and Gundogan finally killed off Cherries' resistance. The City fans next to the away fans are second only to FC United for originality of songs, particularly liked their version of the Stone Roses song Sometimes I Fantasize - we won the league under Mancini, and again with Pellegrini, don't be shy, fill your eyes, now we got Guardiola, and the blues are taking over, we're never gonna lose, always on the booze (I may have misheard some of those lyricsBlush).

Hopes of making a quick getaway to Wrexham after the game were dashed by the away section outside the stadium being cordoned off preventing me being able to make a short walk to Etihad Campus tram stop, having to go the long way round past Velopark only to find that stop is closed for an hour after the game, then after finally finding my way back to Etihad Campus was at the back of a 40 minute queue. One Isle of Wight based Cherries fan in the queue with me missed his flight back to Southampton as a result. If you are visiting the Etihad as an away fan you'll be better off walking back to Piccadilly Station after the game or the tram stops at Monsall (Rochdale line) or Queens Road (Bury line) towards the city centre via Victoria with connectios to the airport. Finally got back to my car at Ladywell Park & Ride at 6:20pm. Could still have made Wrexham if I delayed checking into my hotel opposite Warrington Bank Quay station until after that game but CBA had set in by this stage and, as it turned out, missed a 0-0 at the Racecourse so made the right decision.

Dribble!
First Team Sub

Dec 3, 2018, 8:58 AM

Team(s): Ipswich Town

Post #59 of 68 (5933 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Agree with Buncranaboy - great game, probably best I have seen this season, very impressed with the visitors number 7, the player who hit the bar with last minute free kick.

The pitch held up so well, and even with the constant rain allowed both teams to play football.

Pleasure to watch the game in good company.

I have no comment about the 'topless photos'

Last New Ground; Boston Utd, Games in 2019/20 Season; 4, New Grounds this Season; 2, Next scheduled game: Felixstowe and Walton Utd v Ipswich Town U23 - PSF( 23/7/19)
http://portmanroadtothesansiro.blogspot.co.uk/

andy smith
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 3, 2018, 10:22 AM

Team(s): The Pars

Post #60 of 68 (5742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dribble!] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Nottingham Forest 2 (2)
Ipswich Town 0 (0)
Adm £25 / Coach £23
Prog' £3
Att' 27873

I travelled up to Nottingham on one of the suppporters coaches leaving Portman Road at 10.00 arriving at the City Ground just after 14.00 giving me time to have a wander round the outside of the ground before going in, as for the game, in my opinion not that much to choose between the sides except Forest had a goalscorer, both goals being scored by Lewis Grabban in the first half. We left Nottingham to be back in Ipswich just after 20.00.

pilgrim46
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 3, 2018, 10:54 AM

Team(s): Plymouth Argyle, any non league team in Devon & Cornwall

Post #61 of 68 (5686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [andy smith] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

South West Peninsula League Division 1 West
Plymstock United 1-1 Plymouth Marjon (0-1 H/T)
Att - 30 hc - Admission £3 - Programme £0.50 - Coffee £1

A change of plan took me to an entertaining Plymouth derby where the home side got a deserved draw with virtually the last touch of the game. The visitors took the lead on 6 minutes thanks to poor Plymstock marking from a corner. It was end to end after this with both teams missing chances but a big point in the match came on 30 minutes when Marjon were awarded a penalty, although it looked a harsh decision from where I was stood. The keeper saved the penalty but although the visitors scored from the rebound it was disallowed. This seem to spur Plymstock one & they should have equalised on the stroke of half time but they somehow hit the bar from point blank range following a goal mouth scramble. Marjon had a great chance 10 minutes into the 2nd half with a one-on-one with the keeper who saved well. As the 2nd half progressed Marjon seemed happy to time waste at any opportunity but this tactic backfired in the 96th minute when the Plymstock keeper came up for a corner & thumped in a header for a deserved draw.

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 3, 2018, 1:18 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #62 of 68 (5408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dribble!] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Agree with Buncranaboy - great game, probably best I have seen this season, very impressed with the visitors number 7, the player who hit the bar with last minute free kick.

The pitch held up so well, and even with the constant rain allowed both teams to play football.

Pleasure to watch the game in good company.

I have no comment about the 'topless photos'

I was also at Bearsted, not much I can add to what's been said, fantastic game and the first Bearsted goal wouldn't be out of place on MOTD goal of the month. I'd not been to Honey Lane for a few years and remarkable how much progress has been made since. The only negative aspect was two ridiculous dives, one by each team, the referee wasn't fooled by either although oddly he booked one offender but not the other. Pitch was in great condition despite the rain earlier in the day, just an irritating fine swirling drizzle during the game which finally fizzled out by full time.

Nice friendly club and I'm so glad I went there rather than Maidstone United v Oldham Athletic which was quite a drab affair by all accounts.

Home to Abbey Rangers in the next round so that's in my diary.

Bradshaw
Youth Team Star

Dec 3, 2018, 1:36 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC., Black Country non-league; The F.A.Vase

Post #63 of 68 (5361 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pilgrim46] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

F.A.Vase 3
Sporting Khalsa 3 Walsall Wood 1
Adm & programme £4.50 (codger) Free transport courtesy of pensioners' bus pass.
Khalsa had needed a late equaliser to salvage a point in the Midland League match against Wood seven days earlier but any hopes of a tight encounter in this cup tie evaporated midway through the first half when Wood had striker Jordan Nadat sent off. Just what possessed him to take a Zidane-esque head-first lunge at an opponent following a fairly innocuous challenge, only he will know. But it undoubtedly had a bearing on the result. Wood were already a goal down and that became two from a penalty before the break. A goalkeeping error presented the hosts with a third, removing any question of the outcome before Walsall hit a late consolation their efforts deserved as the game petered out.
Noose Lane has undergone noticeable changes since my last visit, a 3G surface and a smart new seated stand replacing the old barn of a thing opposite the main (old) stand, and all very neatly decked out in the club colours of yellow and blue. Hard standing elsewhere and good elevation behind one goal. Easy to reach with the very regular 529 service from Wolverhampton bus station followed by a 15 minute walk. The rain held off to the relief of the 145 present.

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 3, 2018, 1:47 PM

Team(s):

Post #64 of 68 (5335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pilgrim46] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

St Malo 0-0 Bastia-Borgo.
National 2, group 3, is there a longer trip at level 4 in the world? I'm sure there is but can't be many.
Adm 9/6, sit/stand. No sign of paperwork.
Att 600 ish.
It wouldn't be a trip to France without a 0-0, had more 0-0's in this Country than any other. The home side should have won, nice approach play, nice crosses into the box, but their forwards wouldn't attack the ball. Big stand on one side, there was also a 3g pitch next door with a big stand.
But that's enough about the football, the main event in France this weekend was the fuel protests, so I'll mention what i saw of our nearest and dearest doing what they do best, having a jolly good protest.
Heading into Lorient on Friday it was just as it's been reported over here, middle aged sensible people having a civilised protest. Every now and then they'd walk slowly round a roundabout and hold everyone up for a few minutes, nobody was getting stroppy and it was all very peaceful. Heading into St Malo on Saturday was a different matter, they had blocked the main road in and the queues were really bad. Luckily for me after 30 minutes somebody moved some plastic bollards from the central reservation and a lot of us did a u turn and went into town via another route, this put just 3 minutes on the journey so im surprised more didn't do the same thing. These protests were good for some as they blocked the peage booths, but obviously not so good for those in Paris when rentacrowd turned up, set fire to things and found the perfect excuse for some looting.

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 4, 2018, 7:01 PM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #65 of 68 (4257 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
FA Vase 3rd Round
Cadbury Athletic 3 Desborough Town 2
Admission £5 Programme (28 pages) £1.50 Attendance 91

With the awful overnight and early morning weather in South Wales, it looked a better idea to head north and over the border, and with Cadbury Athletic tweeting that the 9am pitch inspection had been passed, this Vase tie was the chosen destination.

A good contest it was too, with Step 6 Cadbury just about holding on to defeat their Step 5 visitors. The home side took an early lead when the visiting keeper punched a harmless looking cross into his own net. He made amends, however, by saving two penalties in the second half, though Athletic scored one of them with a follow-up. 3-0 with two minutes to go and it looked all over, but Desborough went down fighting with two late goals.

My first visit to the Triplex Sports ground, though I had passed it numerous times on the train. Three sided in effect and all a bit delapidated, but the three steps of terracing around the ground certainly give it character. Two Wispa bars for a pound from the snack bar seemed an appropriate half time purchase given the venue.

Also at this one.
Pre booked the special offer noticed on Twitter earlier in the week, £9 for admission, programme, hot drink, sandwich and chocolate bar. Full marks to the secretary, deserved more of an uptake.
The former Pilkington TripleX ground is a typical West Midlands venue with an extremely steep grass bank behind the terrace that would be ideal for a DOUBLE DECKER stand.
Cadbury were underdogs for this one, but received a BOOST by scoring the first goal, having previously hit the BAR. The manager's team talk clearly had them pushing all the right BUTTONS as they played very well after this, denying Desborough an equaliser after they had shots that TWIRLed around the post and another that took a CURLY WURLY
Laugh
1-0 at half time, and fifteen minutes for a chocolate ORANGE and a cup of tea with DAIRY MILK. Alas, my raffle ticket was not a winner, so no ROSES for me.
The second half commenced, and following a number of CRUNCHIE tackles and a couple of cards, number seven clearly being a FRUIT AND NUT case, CADBURY went further ahead with another fine goal after the the team FUSEd together once again to create another opportunity, the shot SPIRAlling into the top corner.
Desborough continued to FUDGE their shots and after one or two players took a MINI ROLL attempting to gain some advantage, they went further behind conceding a penalty, which although saved, was hammered home on the rebound. Three goals to the good it was time for a PICNIC in the Cadbury end.
A further penalty was conceded by Desborough as the players started to FLAKE, but the goalkeeper made amends for his early misdemeanour with another save off the STARBAR.
A late comeback was still possible when a home player received a red card, and two goals from MARVELOUS CREATIONS were indeed pulled back before TIME OUT.
But Cadbury were the real HEROES on a fantastic day for the club.
WISPA it quietly, they are through to the fourth round.
WinkWink

634 GROUNDS - Punjab United (61/92)
580 WETHERSPOONS - Wallasey
2 WETHERSPOONS HOTELS - Ripon

(This post was edited by LondonBuck on Dec 4, 2018, 9:16 PM)

davidjay
Reserve Team Sub

Dec 5, 2018, 3:43 PM

Post #66 of 68 (3889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Someone's got a bit too much time on their hands.

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 5, 2018, 3:54 PM

Team(s): AFC Telford United, Witham Town, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking

Post #67 of 68 (3881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [davidjay] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Someone's got a bit too much time on their hands.

That'll be the day Blush

634 GROUNDS - Punjab United (61/92)
580 WETHERSPOONS - Wallasey
2 WETHERSPOONS HOTELS - Ripon

Mek
First Team Star

Dec 8, 2018, 12:18 AM

Team(s):

Post #68 of 68 (3293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] Saturday 1st December 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hants Prem - Stockbridge 3-2 Liss Athletic

Adm/Prog f+n Att - 20-25 appx

Struck lucky with the bad weather about as the Rec pitch looked in good nick.
Stock were 2 up at halftime and looking good for their lead, but Liss had other ideas after the restart and had equalised within 10 minutes. It took a penalty to decide the winner - fortunately for Stock - the penalty smacked against the crossbar, hit the Liss goalie on the back of the head and went in.
Tea bar now up and running in the new clubhouse building and very pleasant it was too.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3