Home: Non League Football Information: FA Competitions:
FA Cup yellow cards suspensions

Wijit99
Junior Team Star

Oct 29, 2018, 6:45 PM

Post #1 of 4 (11778 views)
Shortcut
FA Cup yellow cards suspensions Can't Post or Reply Privately

At the start of the season it was announced there would be competition specific suspensions for yellow cards. With any player picking up 2 yellow cards in the FA Cup receiving a suspension. It was also suggested there would be cut off points but from my searches I can't find out if this has been implemented and if so when the dates are.

I would have thought if there were cut off points, one of them would be prior to the first round proper.

Can any one help with this information.
Thank You

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 30, 2018, 12:58 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #2 of 4 (11726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wijit99] FA Cup yellow cards suspensions [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
At the start of the season it was announced there would be competition specific suspensions for yellow cards. With any player picking up 2 yellow cards in the FA Cup receiving a suspension. It was also suggested there would be cut off points but from my searches I can't find out if this has been implemented and if so when the dates are.

I would have thought if there were cut off points, one of them would be prior to the first round proper.

Thank You

Don't be surprised if the cut off/reset point is the Semi-Finals so that players aren't at risk of missing the final, unless they are sent off in the SF.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 31, 2018, 3:51 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #3 of 4 (11651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] FA Cup yellow cards suspensions [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Thank You

Don't be surprised if the cut off/reset point is the Semi-Finals so that players aren't at risk of missing the final, unless they are sent off in the SF.

Since red card suspensions are served immediately, unless there's some accummulation penalty not mentioned, their suspension would be finished before the FA Cup Final.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (923) Sportplatz Aspern SV Aspern 4-2 Maccabi Wien
With FC United: 132
On the agenda:
29/6 Coventry Bears v Doncaster

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 31, 2018, 4:29 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 4 (11639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wijit99] FA Cup yellow cards suspensions [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A problem it has thrown up is that the teams that have battled through a few rounds are then short of a player or two when they meet the exempted teams in the later rounds. Just when they need them most and the exempted teams not having played any matches have everyone available

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3