Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Moldova.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 28, 2018, 11:57 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 3 (7274 views)
Shortcut
Moldova. Can't Post or Reply Privately

Despite missing the Bank Holiday football in England I really fancied a long weekend in Moldova over the 23 - 26th August weekend.

Flights out of Luton were incredibly cheap outwards on Thursday morning but dear returning on Monday evening. Both ways Wizz were on time.
Have my own Wizz shoulder bag to take on board with Priority boarding pre bought.

Arrived Chisinau early doors at 06-00 , hire car to be picked up at midday.

So time to kill, feeling lively we decided on a visit to the 24 hours open Lumencraft brewery tap at the airport. Strangely busy at that time of day , shades of ''Spoons''.
The IPA at 4-9% was in good nick , what a shame driver could only have a half. Cheap enough but later to find double the price of other bars.
Bottle of 12% BA ( Belgium Ale ) was very good.

First point of call was Tiraspol and a journey of a steady hour and a half with a 5 minute stop at Transnistria customs, (covered elsewhere). Arrived at Hotel Russia at 14-00 , time for a few hours kip.

Up at 18-00 to make way to the Sheriff Complex where at the main Bolshaya Stadium Sheriff were entertaining Qarabag of Azerbaijan in a Europa League P/Off (1st leg). 3 mile taxi ride cost about 1-50 pounds. Lift back.
In a poor game the hosts were deserving of their 1-0 win.

Things were completely changed from my original plans ( a month ago).
Original plan was Petrocub on Saturday and then Milsami on Sunday.

This turned into Real Success on Sat at 17-30 ( Tier 2) followed by Zimbru at 20-00.

Real losing 3-5 against Viktoria Bardar at Real Stadium in N Chisinau in front of an official 100 spectators ( 70 must have been hiding).

20 min drive after the game and we were at Zimbru v Speranta at Zimbru Stadium at 20-00, Zimbru outclassing the opposition although only winning 1-0 in front of 884.

Viktoria won tier 2 last season and then won the promotion play offs only to refuse promotion late on. The top tier has 8 clubs for 2018 and not the 10 of season 2017. Spicul & Dacia disappeared and Dinamo Auto were reprieved with Viktorias decision.

Sunday after finding out the difficulties in finding out where Sheriff play their home league games I decided on a revisit to Tiraspol and the game at the Small Arena ( Malaya) for the local derby v Dinamo Auto at 20-00. I confirmed venue on Thursday evening.
700 bothered to turn up for a very easy 2-0 win , small group of 40 away fans made a bit of noise.
10 Rubles in (50p) .
Sherrif Reserves were at home at 17-30 (?) on an outer pitch , caught a glimpse but have certain levels.

22 years since my last visit for the Moldova v England game in 1996 at the Republic Stadium , since demolished and built on !

Another visit planned in Oct , must visit the Brewey tap again Sly Such a shame about the luggage limits on the cheapo airlines or else I would bring a few bottles home.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Aug 28, 2018, 12:14 PM)

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 28, 2018, 12:49 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #2 of 3 (7250 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Moldova. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Interesting to hear the old national stadium has been built on. It was still there when I went in October 2016, but abandoned and almost invisible under vegetation.

For good local booze, try the excellent Moldovan red wines, and Kvint brandy available for next to nothing at the Kvint shop in Tiraspol.

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 28, 2018, 5:29 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #3 of 3 (7173 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Moldova. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Didn't visit the site , don't tick unused grounds but was told by a press bloke at Zimbru that it had recently been bought by ''Yanks'' (his words) and they were doing things on site. Apparently been left to rot since its demolition in 2007.
So perhaps built on should read being built on ?

Yes had a half litre of Kvint Brandy as a nightcap.

Sheriff who have their finger in everything Transnistria even own a brewery , their beers were not too good. https://www.ratebeer.com/...s/ooo-sheriff/26780/

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Aug 29, 2018, 2:14 AM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3