Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Europa League

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 29, 2018, 7:01 PM

Post #1 of 13 (2940 views)
Shortcut
Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Europa League Can't Post or Reply Privately

EL Second QR 26 July 2018

Zeljeznicar Sarajevo 1 Apollon Limassol 2 Att 11821 Entry 15 KM (7.50) Programme No Team sheet and badge see below

Never having been to Bosnia I probably paid the most I have for this one game trip but was it worth it. Yes it was. Enjoyable visit and hotel less than 10 mins from ground walking. Ticket was bought night before the game at a hut outside the ground. They were expecting a near sell out therefore made sure I had a ticket. Main stand tickets all sold (only holds 600) therefore bought ticket for stand opposite. Enjoyable game although not sure who was more surprised when the home team scored in the 90th minute with their 2nd shot on target. Good support for the home team although very disappointed with home performance.
In view of staying locally went to the ground Friday morning and found a team sheet in the media section. The club shop was being renovated however the friendly staff there gave me a club badge.
Only Kosovo left to see a UEFA club game in and will do this next season thanks to the new stadium in Prishtina.

Tim Johnson

(This post was edited by T P Johnson on Jul 29, 2018, 7:04 PM)

mick
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jul 29, 2018, 9:13 PM

Post #2 of 13 (2896 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T P Johnson] Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Europa League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I went to Zeljeznicar in the previous round on 18 July for the 3-1 win against JK Narva Trans. Attendance then was 7,603 with admission only 10 KM for the same stand - bought on the morning of the game from a hut on the opposite side of the road. The pre-match singing of the club anthem from all sides of the ground was very impressive and the support for the team was again good throughout.

I may well have stayed in the same hotel as you and from there there was a direct trolleybus (flat fare 1.80KM) to the erstwhile national stadium on the other side of town where, on the next evening, I watched another EL Qualifyer: FK Sarajevo 3 FC Banants 0 Att 8,125, ticket 10KM bought the day before from the club shop in the city centre. Unlike at Zeljeznicar the atmosphere was rather muted, not helped by the ground being a 35k completely uncovered bowl.

Sarajevo is a very interesting city for a short break with a huge contrast between the Ottoman, Austro-Hungarian and Soviet parts of the town. Plenty of things to keep the distaff side happy including the wide availability of decent food and drink at reasonable prices - the downside being that restaurants appear to allow smoking anywhere inside. The twice daily Citybus tour is well worthwhile at only 5 KM, giving outstanding views across the city and passing both grounds.

Definitely recommended.

(This post was edited by mick on Jul 29, 2018, 9:17 PM)

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 30, 2018, 12:34 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #3 of 13 (2821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T P Johnson] Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Europa League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

'' will do this next season thanks to the new stadium in Prishtina.''.

===================================================

Assume you mean the 1953 new stadium with the new name ''Fadil Vokrri'' for the redeveloped stadium ?

Aim for opening is Sept 10th, 2018.

====================================================

By the way I enjoyed my trip to Zeljeznicar = http://1921.ba/...oki-brijeg-20-3-4202 n

=================================================

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Jul 30, 2018, 12:35 AM)

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 30, 2018, 12:42 AM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #4 of 13 (2816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Europa League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Blimey Hod - means I got to Grbavica shortly before you did then : 2-0 vs Radnicki Nis in the old Yugoslav top division on 6th September 1984.

A very tatty old place then and I have vague memories (but no photos) of an old steam loco at the ground - they were the railway team of course (zeleznice meaning railway)

dottirofhod

Jul 30, 2018, 1:38 AM

Post #5 of 13 (2808 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Europa League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

3 mins in will give glimpse of loco - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUllPYsTqbk

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 30, 2018, 7:43 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #6 of 13 (2774 views)
Shortcut

Have they put lamps back on the floodlights yet ? 6 years since I went to this place and the main memory was of the wonderful steam engine on the far side of the ground from where I sat in the main stand so thanks Hod for the clip on YT.Laugh

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 30, 2018, 9:42 AM

Post #7 of 13 (2741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Europa League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The old train is still there and looking lovely although the area was blocked off between the stands on the night of the game therefore had to wait until Friday to take photos. The stand I was in and the covered one behind the goal near the main road were very modern however the other stand was a long way from the pitch and you could see the old steps. It had seats but no one sat.

Yes Hod it is the new/old stadium and looking forward to it.
Enjoyed the film especially being the stand I sat in. Thanks

Tim Johnson

(This post was edited by T P Johnson on Jul 30, 2018, 9:50 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 30, 2018, 8:33 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #8 of 13 (2602 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Europa League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Assume you mean the 1953 new stadium with the new name ''Fadil Vokrri'' for the redeveloped stadium ?

Aim for opening is Sept 10th, 2018.

So is this the opening Nations League game, against the Faroes?
Will it be the first competitive international to be played in Kosovo?

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

dottirofhod

Jul 31, 2018, 3:27 AM

Post #9 of 13 (2543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Europa League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

1) Yes.
2) Yes. ( Although if saying all internationals are competitive then No. They played Latvia in a friendly in Mitrovice since being accepted into the UEFA/FIFA world).

All finished, from yesterday =

Thought , as its been closed and modernised do I need to go back for another tick like many on here would ? Angelic

Newly renovated "Fadil Vokrri" looks absolutely amazing in latest images. Kosovo NT will play #NationsLeague and @UEFAEURO @EuroQualifiers matches at this beautiful ground. [Arton Krasniqi]pic.twitter.com/4DoVIkRqZb UEFA Nations League and FFK

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Jul 31, 2018, 3:30 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 31, 2018, 9:01 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #10 of 13 (2500 views)
Shortcut

If anyone else on here is interested in the September 10th game, then send me a PM
At the moment, it is an idea, rather than a plan as I need to wait for confirmation on another non-related subject

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

(This post was edited by leohoenig on Jul 31, 2018, 9:03 AM)

Dribble!
First Team Sub

Aug 9, 2018, 7:05 AM

Team(s): Ipswich Town

Post #11 of 13 (2184 views)
Shortcut

Good to see the pictures, as now know it is the ground I visited in 2000; first m at her there after the NATO invasion a Pristina XI v an Albanian XI. Big crowd but game had to be stopped after 10 minutes as VIP guests late, so they shook players hands then game restarted.

Ticket issued for game, security was provided by British Army ( incl me) and UN police who in this case were from N Ireland.

Stadium shape looks same, good to see some of the bombed buildings close by have now been re built

Last New ground; Benhall St Mary, Games in 2019/20 Season; 61, New Grounds this Season; 30, Next scheduled game: Ipswich Town v Coventry City - FAC (10/12/19)
http://portmanroadtothesansiro.blogspot.co.uk/

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 9, 2018, 1:20 PM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 13 (2133 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dribble!] Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Europa League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
security was provided by British Army ( incl me) and UN police

I'm very impressed, sir! Can I suggest that you change your username to 'Lethbridge-Stewart'? (It's never been satisfactorily explained why the UN appeared to be running Britain on 1970's episodes of Dr Who, although I guess they may well be called in to do so after Brexit.)

dottirofhod

Aug 9, 2018, 1:34 PM

Post #13 of 13 (2125 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Zeljeznicar Sarajevo Europa League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Founder member of UNIT.

An acronym in his case , possibly a statement when used to describe you with your programme views ?

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3