My Programme Collection

Dave 56
Reserve Team Star

Jul 2, 2018, 1:59 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #1 of 13 (3421 views)
Shortcut
My Programme Collection Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am hoping to move before the end of the year and have decided to part with my entire collection of programmes. Each year is in a carrier bag and I am unsure how many bags there are! I would assume that there is in excess of 2000 programmes as a conservative estimate, could be nearer 3000, I am really not sure.

The collection is mainly UK non league, with some league as well. Also there will be European programmes but not a large amount. Some will have match tickets inside and of course a few from my USA and Canada trips.

So, with that in mind I am open to offers, please send a private message if you are interested. I will give it a couple of weeks and if no offers will take them to the recycling centre.

A couple of things I need to mention :-

1. Please don't ask about a specific programme, there is no way I am looking through them.

2. Buyer collects.

Thanks,

Dave

greenwood
Youth Team Star

Jul 11, 2018, 1:25 PM

Post #2 of 13 (2164 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] My Programme Collection [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Instead of taking them to a recycling centre, why not distribute them to local charity shops instead?

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 11, 2018, 2:53 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #3 of 13 (2142 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] My Programme Collection [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
Instead of taking them to a recycling centre, why not distribute them to local charity shops instead?

Who would see them as rubbish and take them to the nearest recycling centre.

Dave 56
Reserve Team Star

Jul 11, 2018, 3:47 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #4 of 13 (2131 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] My Programme Collection [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I have agreed a sale for a few pounds and will be handing them over in a couple of weeks. Thanks to all those who showed an interest.

greenwood
Youth Team Star

Jul 11, 2018, 4:29 PM

Post #5 of 13 (2112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] My Programme Collection [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's a shame so many people on this forum have been selling their collections recently. I hope none of them regret it because once that happens there is no chance of them getting all the programmes back. I would never sell any of the programmes from matches I have attended, even if I was destitute.

buncranaboy

Jul 11, 2018, 10:49 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #6 of 13 (1999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] My Programme Collection [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes we know you've previously said you'd rather buy a programme than food. However that approach will lead to your collection also being binned....unless you begin to eat them. That's okay for a vegan I'm guessing?

greenwood
Youth Team Star

Jul 12, 2018, 12:01 AM

Post #7 of 13 (1960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] My Programme Collection [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Yes we know you've previously said you'd rather buy a programme than food. However that approach will lead to your collection also being binned....unless you begin to eat them. That's okay for a vegan I'm guessing?

Yet again you seem to be confusing me with someone else on this forum - but then, faced with a choice between buying refreshments or a programme, surely all programme collectors would go for the latter?

buncranaboy

Jul 12, 2018, 12:31 AM

Post #8 of 13 (1939 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] My Programme Collection [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Who am I confusing you with Chris?

hotchkiss
First Team Sub

Jul 12, 2018, 6:52 AM

Team(s): wolves,non league

Post #9 of 13 (1873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] My Programme Collection [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is it really Chris ?.I I used to enjoy his WDYG from around europe.What countries have you visited recently Mr Greenwood (Chris )

greenwood
Youth Team Star

Jul 12, 2018, 9:27 AM

Post #10 of 13 (1804 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

It could be any one of dozens of people who have posted on this forum saying how much they love collecting programmes. Many posts look very similar in style even if they are written by different people. Do you lie awake at night worrying about my (or anyone else's) identity? There are surely more important matters to worry about.

(This post was edited by greenwood on Jul 12, 2018, 9:28 AM)

aicwhu
First Team Sub

Jul 12, 2018, 9:29 AM

Team(s): west ham

Post #11 of 13 (1795 views)
Shortcut

Not sure I see why it is a shame ; it surely is their decision and affects nobody else but them so as long as they are happy why should anyone else be concerned

andrew c

buncranaboy

Jul 12, 2018, 11:06 AM

Post #12 of 13 (1747 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

It could be any one of dozens of people who have posted on this forum saying how much they love collecting programmes. Many posts look very similar in style even if they are written by different people. Do you lie awake at night worrying about my (or anyone else's) identity? There are surely more important matters to worry about.

Please don't insult my intelligence or that of other readers. Is your Bulgarian partner happy for Croatia?

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 12, 2018, 5:33 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #13 of 13 (1599 views)
Shortcut

I have a vision of a destitute Chris, sleeping on the Embankment, surrounded by 40 carrier bags full of programmes.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3