Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Administration: Messages from / Questions to Administrators:
Please report site technical issues here.....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 29, 2018, 12:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 27 (46591 views)
Shortcut
Please report site technical issues here..... Can't Post or Reply Privately

As you know there have been a couple of changes to the site recently... GDPR which has resulted in a consent form appearing and the switch to https from http.
The GDPR form is required by law in order to serve ads on the site, it should appear just the once.

The switch to the more secure https is something all sites should be doing and will surely have to at some time in the future. Browsers are starting to display warning messages on any sites still using the old http and Google is starting to 'down rank' any sites that have not made the upgrade.

If you have any technical issues resulting from these changes particularly the consent notice appearing more than once then please report it here and include:

The platform you are using

Browser and version... do you have it set clear browsing history and cookies when you close it?

Privacy Settings
Any third party cookie control programmes such as CCleaner or any settings in your anti-virus that relates to cookies.

A detailed description of the problem including any error messages etc
Thanks.... Steve

(This post was edited by steve walker on Jul 1, 2018, 11:35 PM)

IAN S
First Team Star

Jul 18, 2018, 8:56 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #2 of 27 (46248 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Every time I post I'm having to go back to adjust the formatting.
It just doesn't recognise things like paragraphs, line breaks, etc, never used to do this.
Have other people had similar problems?

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

steve walker
Administrator

Jul 19, 2018, 10:46 AM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 27 (46187 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It will do that if you compose a message in another programme like Word or Notepad and then copy and paste it here.

IAN S
First Team Star

Jul 19, 2018, 12:40 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #4 of 27 (46161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's the opposite with me Steve, it works fine when I do that.

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

thowdreds
Youth Team Star

Aug 7, 2018, 7:50 AM

Team(s): Accrington Stanley, Blackburn Rovers, BurnleyLeicester City, Halesowen Town

Post #5 of 27 (45589 views)
Shortcut

When I first access the site and click on General Discussion I get a message saying Access denied you are not authorised to view this page. If I then click on main index from there I can access everything. Not insurmountable but a bit frustrating.

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 23, 2018, 4:46 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #6 of 27 (45245 views)
Shortcut

When. from https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi , I select any item from the "top menu" eg "Main Site Menu", "Tables/Fixtures/Results", "Old Tables" etc I am now getting the low graphics version of the pages.

This is in Chrome. I've deleted all NLM cookies , cleared the cache and rebooted but to no avail.

Internet Explorer, which I make a point of not using, is delivering the full graphics version OK.

Any techie experts able to suggest what I need to do to Chrome?

EDIT I've just checked and the Admin pages have the same problem.

Pages are displaying fine in Chrome on the missus' computer so it's not a bandwidth issue.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Aug 23, 2018, 4:56 PM)

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 23, 2018, 6:26 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 27 (45217 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think there is a privacy setting in Chrome that can stop images displaying so check that

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 23, 2018, 10:00 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #8 of 27 (45188 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I think there is a privacy setting in Chrome that can stop images displaying so check that

All back to normal now. A mystery,

noprogs
First Team Star

Sep 8, 2018, 7:05 AM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 27 (44598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Every time I post I'm having to go back to adjust the formatting.
It just doesn't recognise things like paragraphs, line breaks, etc, never used to do this.
Have other people had similar problems?

Yes. I am still getting exactly that problem.

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 23, 2018, 10:42 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 27 (43583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noprogs] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've seen this occasionally now. I don't know what causes it... seems to to be somthing to do with how the post you reply to is posted. You just have to edit the post after posting.

Mello Yello
Youth Team Sub

Nov 27, 2018, 9:53 AM

Team(s): Torquay United, Whitley Bay, Blyth Spartans, non-league in general

Post #11 of 27 (32261 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I've been trying to update results and fixtures for the Northern Alliance over the past week, but every time I try I get an error message "www.nonleaguematters.co.uk is currently unable to handle this request." so I've not been able to do it. Have tried on different computers and different wifi.
Thanks to whoever has managed to update them while I've been having problems, but any hints on how I can get back to doing ti would be appreciated.

Hitchin-John
First Team Sub

Dec 4, 2018, 2:17 PM

Team(s): Hitchin Town

Post #12 of 27 (29242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mello Yello] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Hi, I've been trying to update results and fixtures for the Northern Alliance over the past week, but every time I try I get an error message "www.nonleaguematters.co.uk is currently unable to handle this request." so I've not been able to do it. Have tried on different computers and different wifi.
Thanks to whoever has managed to update them while I've been having problems, but any hints on how I can get back to doing ti would be appreciated.

Have your problems been resolved and are you able to update the Northern Alliance League again?

I have completed last Saturday's results and added December fixtures.

Hitchin-John
First Team Sub

Dec 18, 2018, 1:00 PM

Post #13 of 27 (19878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mello Yello] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I am aware our editor for the Northern Alliance League is still unable to gain access to the site. Can Steve help please. I continue to update the NAL while we have problems. Thanks.

steve walker
Administrator

Dec 18, 2018, 1:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #14 of 27 (19871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hitchin-John] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I can't see any reason why he can't log in. There's nothing wrong with his Editor account so I would need more details about when this error message is seen.

hawkwind
First Team Star

Dec 19, 2018, 5:32 PM

Post #15 of 27 (19760 views)
Shortcut

Concerning log in.
When I hit the login button the logon page comes up default not https.
As a work around I enter https:// manually then reload login page before logging in and that works as it should.
Shouldn't https be the default?

steve walker
Administrator

Dec 19, 2018, 11:03 PM

Team(s):

Post #16 of 27 (19702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hawkwind] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If you have the login page bookmarked then change the bookmark to https
I use cookies, I get logged in automatically when I visit the site and never see the login page.

derekn
First Team Star

Jan 5, 2019, 8:52 PM

Team(s): Taunton Town

Post #17 of 27 (15219 views)
Shortcut

Can't get into admin tonight. It's just hanging after the 'Change Details' screen.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 5, 2019, 9:14 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #18 of 27 (15214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The site is desperately slow for me tonight as well

steve walker
Administrator

Jan 6, 2019, 1:31 AM

Team(s):

Post #19 of 27 (15102 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It appears to be just genuine traffic looking for results as the last spike was on Jan 1st.
I will look into a server upgrade within the site budget

derekn
First Team Star

Jan 6, 2019, 9:57 AM

Post #20 of 27 (15027 views)
Shortcut

OK again this morning, so guess you're right

Hitchin-John
First Team Sub

Jan 6, 2019, 10:57 AM

Post #21 of 27 (15011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I just suffered in silence from entering my first results at about 16.00 (13.30 KO) until 22.30. I found on several occasions it was quicker to give up waiting and start all over again.

Patience is a virtue WinkWink

derekn
First Team Star

Jan 6, 2019, 11:02 AM

Post #22 of 27 (15008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hitchin-John] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've just remembered something, don't know if it's relevant. I run the admin bit of the site on Firefox with an Adblocker so the pages don't jump about when I'm entering results and the number of ads being blocked last night was very high, 18 at one time, when it's usually 2, 3 or 4.

Hitchin-John
First Team Sub

Jan 6, 2019, 12:23 PM

Post #23 of 27 (14994 views)
Shortcut

I use Windows Edge for updating but do not block ads. Although those at the foot of the screen can be annoying when ready to hit the 'Send' button just one click deletes the ad followed by 'Send'.

Not a lot to ask to keep the site up and running.

derekn
First Team Star

Jan 6, 2019, 12:38 PM

Post #24 of 27 (14985 views)
Shortcut

I only block the adds when I'm admining. I use Chrome for the forum without the blocker.

villan
First Team Regular

Feb 9, 2019, 3:05 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #25 of 27 (4618 views)
Shortcut

I keep getting a security alert message saying sites security certificate has been revoked & site should not be trusted. Is there a problem? This has happened yesterday & today.

End 2017-18, Total Grounds 1365

New grounds 2018/19. 62

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3